+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: The Job Thread

  1. #1

    Default The Job Thread

    I made this thread for a few reasons. One is just to learn more about people by what kind of work they do. Another reason is for those who are or will be looking for jobs in the future. By knowing the type of jobs that are out there, people can have a better idea of what they can do to get that job, or use that job to eventually get the job they want. You can post about the job you currently have, one you used to have, or even the job you hope to have.

    My title is Marine Mammal Observer (MMO) and PAM (Passive Acoustic Monitoring) Operator. I go out on Seismic vessels that are looking for oil reserves offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. As a MMO, I look out for dolphins, whales, and turtles and direct the crew what to do in different scenarios to mitigate the damage done to marine life. As a PAM Operator, I listen for the animals. Hydrophones are deployed in the water that will pick up the noise of clicks, whistles, and songs made from dolphins and whales. This is done during the night, when visual watch can't be done.

    I'm on a boat for 5 week periods, and then I'm back home for 5 week periods, unless I want a longer or shorter time home. On the boat, I work everyday, but while at home I'm free to do what ever I want and don't work at all. So what kind of work do you do/ have done/ hope to do?

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    My job is 「White Mage」

  3. #3

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    I'm the licensing director at a Movie Distributor and also i translate. I also manage sites (Desdelglobo.com y Terrar.io) but i don't get paid for those so i don't know if they count. Also, i write (buy my latest book here http://mx.casadellibro.com/libro-llu...142246/2240175 or buy it directly from me) I also vanquish evil specters at night but that's a hobby.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    I'm the licensing director at a Movie Distributor and also i translate. I also manage sites (Desdelglobo.com y Terrar.io) but i don't get paid for those so i don't know if they count. Also, i write (buy my latest book here http://mx.casadellibro.com/libro-llu...142246/2240175 or buy it directly from me) I also vanquish evil specters at night but that's a hobby.
    So you are a much more interesting version of Ichigo? What does a licensing director entail? From what I can tell by the title, you have to make sure you are good to go before allowing to distribute movies?

  5. #5

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    I'm the licensing director at a Movie Distributor and also i translate. I also manage sites (Desdelglobo.com y Terrar.io) but i don't get paid for those so i don't know if they count. Also, i write (buy my latest book here http://mx.casadellibro.com/libro-llu...142246/2240175 or buy it directly from me) I also vanquish evil specters at night but that's a hobby.
    Don't lie to us, we know you live in Hueco Mundo, Aizen-sempai

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    So you are a much more interesting version of Ichigo? What does a licensing director entail? From what I can tell by the title, you have to make sure you are good to go before allowing to distribute movies?
    I talk to companies to license their titles in my country and to keep communication open for future projects together. I guess i'm like a sales guy? We specialize in anime so i'm mostly in contact with companies of animation. I check, propose and manage deals with companies and offer them projects that the company has analized beforehand.

    If you compare me to Ichigo again i may have to kill you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Don't lie to us, we know you live in Hueco Mundo, Aizen
    Last couple of people that came to my apartment complimented the whiteness in fact so i'm not changing it, aw yis :p I'm so calling it a loft.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  7. #7

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Don't lie to us, we know you live in Hueco Mundo, Aizen-sempai
    Banzai Aizen-sama. I knew he was to interesting to be related to Ichigo, forgive me great Aizen-sama.

  8. #8

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    I hate you guys :(
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  9. #9

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    Last couple of people that came to my apartment complimented the whiteness in fact so i'm not changing it, aw yis :p I'm so calling it a loft.
    Yeah, and I'm willing to bet they were all arrancar, too, Aizen-sempai
    Last edited by Purple Hermit; July 21st, 2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Alternatively, Kubo-sensei himself

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    I hate you guys :(
    Sorry, I will cease the joking now. If it makes you feel better, you may insult me to make things even.

  11. #11

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Yeah, and I'm willing to bet they were all arrancar, too, Aizen-sempai
    *insert double entendres of last visitors, i guess*


    Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    Sorry, I will cease the joking now. If it makes you feel better, you may insult me to make things even.
    Eh, don't worry about it.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  12. #12

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    *insert double entendres of last visitors, i guess*
    Tonari no Aizen-sempai, where we watch Ichigo-kun get to know his neighbor who works as a communications and deals person for media in spanish speaking Mexico Hueco Mundo, Aizen-sempai.

    Anyway I guess to throw things back on topic I'll never have a job til I'm ~27 or so. Student 4 lyfe

  13. #13

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Tonari no Aizen-sempai, where we watch Ichigo-kun get to know his neighbor who works as a communications and deals person for media in spanish speaking Mexico Hueco Mundo, Aizen-sempai.

    Anyway I guess to throw things back on topic I'll never have a job til I'm ~27 or so. Student 4 lyfe
    I like you, throw things off topic then bring it back on topic to avoid trouble. This ones a trouble maker he is. What are you studying to become?

  14. #14

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    White Mage/Merchant.

    Or I guess a doctor/hospital admin

  15. #15

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Purple Hermit is not invited to my birthday party.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  16. #16
    Voici La Chévre Wagomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Location

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Steve Jobs.

    That is my entire joke.

    3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

  17. #17

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    I'm a librarian (what a surprise)

    I already worked in different types of libraries (school, public, juridical and enterprises), right now I´m working in a library only for poems.

    This is not a job, but I often participate in NGO´s that works with reading or offering libraries services in poor cities.
    When AP used to be good:

    NEVER FORGET !!

  18. #18

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    White Mage/Merchant.

    Or I guess a doctor/hospital admin
    Looking at your avatar, you must be at your part 4 stage. It's okay, we'll get you to the crazy house soon enough. There is no baby, it's just your imagination.

  19. #19
    The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Currently work security at a number of places ranging from businesses to college campuses. However if my luck changes within the next couple of months I will be a member of the Glendale, CA Police Department.

    Also on the weekends I am a Pinball Wizard, traveling the lands and defending my crown.

    If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

    3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

  20. #20

    Default Re: The Job Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
    Currently work security at a number of places ranging from businesses to college campuses. However if my luck changes within the next couple of months I will be a member of the Glendale, CA Police Department.

    Also on the weekends I am a Pinball Wizard, traveling the lands and defending my crown.
    You're like a modern Joe Mc Lane *3*
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts