+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diablo IV

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Default Diablo IV

Recently announced during BlizzCon

Cinematic trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bRWIdOMfro

Gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdDpqCmjb4

Apparently we will have 5 playable classes initially; the trailer shows 3 of them: Barbarian, Druid and Sorcerer.

There's a PvP coming on, and skill trees and runes were mentioned at the painel. Apparently you can ride a horse and climbe some shit during the game.

The new evil that will rise in the power vacuum of the The Prime Evil is Lilith herself

The cinematics are terribly beautiful, but the gameplay hasn't wow-ed me.

Artwork pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/qtZJoNC

Default Re: Diablo IV

A ton of core systems of diablo II, with the paint of the original and the gameplay of the third one.

My bet is that the other 2 classes will be the new ones, if they opened with the 3 old ones. Nothing religious (paladin/crusader because the heavens forsaking humans, fuck you Tyrael, we fight your stupid wars and this is how you repay us?), probably a new flavor of "agility" class.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It makes sense that Lilith is the next strongest demon, with the prime devils out of the picture, Azmodan being the only one with an obvious hierarchy, and only surviving like the demons of wrath, sloth and greed (probably pride and envy but not certain) that the daughter of hatred is probably the oldest and strongest surviving demon.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I hope they go back to locking in your skill tree choices. In 3 you could flip on whatever you had leveled up to, so it made every character the same eventually, there was no real personal flavor to the build and little reason to replay. Have a "undo all and repick you skills" option but the constant switching is meh.

And cripes, let us go to harder difficulties right off. Having to play the entire game on "fall asleep because nothing can touch you difficulty" before you could get to the real game was awful.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

I'm wondering if the white-prometheus-like-guy could be Rathma? And if they will be trowing some more of the Celestial Ords in this; it would be cool to discover that not all the angels have the same boring look, put some angels with arab iconography behind and all that.

It seems that customization will play a bigger role in the game, probably as a way to trim the feeling Robby was talking about...which is meaningless if they keep the game mechanics of the 3rd installment.

I liked the aesthetic up until now, and the fact that it isn't going to be a linear story may bring some great moments to the worldbuilding and replay factor, so I'm a bit excited for it. Today there will be a Q&A e some new info is supposed to be announced. Probably the mechanics will come out clear today.

is there a new version of Diablo??

Diablo 4 was anounced last month and won't be out until... Well, if we get the release date on blizzcon 2021 consider yourself lucky.

Diablo 3 if it is your cup of tea, it's better than ever with the expansion.

Diablo 2 really needs some QoL, that were given with some mods that are circling around.

And then there's the derived games, the other isometric POV action games with rpg elements like path of exile, torchlight, the new darksiders, and strangely my favorite Bastion.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information