+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1242

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Hancock's Celestial Dragon hoof issue is really dumb now that think about it for more than 10 seconds. Several characters in this story have tattooed (Nami) and branded (fishmen) over unpleasant marks on their bodies. Like if it was just Hancock by herself, I'd sort of understand. Tattooing your own back is pretty impossible and she would never bring in another party to help her. You could probably brand yourself if you propped the iron up against something though it'd be awkward to handle. But Hancock has 2 other sisters in the exact same predicament in her. There is absolutely zero reason why they couldn't have helped each other cover up the mark permanently in the ~20 years they've been free.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Rather interesting to see people get frustrated over the “hope overcoming the odds” fates of Pell and Pagaya, even though their fates don’t disrupt the story (whereas Ace and Whitebeard being alive would disrupt it) and that the series plays with dramatic over the top shonen cliffhangers in the first place. This is the same series that had things like Luffy survive getting stabbed by Crocodile and Law getting shot at by Doflamingo for dramatic shonen effect. If people can’t accept this by now, and continue to use up energy in setting themselves up for frustration and cynicism, then I don’t know what else to tell ya buddy. lol
    Completely 100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by freawaru View Post
    Hancock's Celestial Dragon hoof issue is really dumb now that think about it for more than 10 seconds. Several characters in this story have tattooed (Nami) and branded (fishmen) over unpleasant marks on their bodies. Like if it was just Hancock by herself, I'd sort of understand. Tattooing your own back is pretty impossible and she would never bring in another party to help her. You could probably brand yourself if you propped the iron up against something though it'd be awkward to handle. But Hancock has 2 other sisters in the exact same predicament in her. There is absolutely zero reason why they couldn't have helped each other cover up the mark permanently in the ~20 years they've been free.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
    Yeah, agree. Especially after Hancock saw Fisher Tiger turn that brand in to the Sun pirates jollyroger.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Maybe none of the sisters can brand or tattoo the others due to long-term psychological damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Maybe none of the sisters can brand or tattoo the others due to long-term psychological damage?
    Then have Granny Nyon do it. She already knows and has no trauma connected to the symbol.
    Last edited by Zik; June 28th, 2021 at 10:20 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Oda doesn't have to, but since Kaido's flashback might be coming up and Higurashi might be part of it, maybe he can show the moment Higurashi touched Momo. Bon Clay said he had to touch those he copied. Unless Higurashi doesn't have that limitation, it would be interesting to squeeze in Higurashi touching Momo and Shiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Oda doesn't have to, but since Kaido's flashback might be coming up and Higurashi might be part of it, maybe he can show the moment Higurashi touched Momo. Bon Clay said he had to touch those he copied. Unless Higurashi doesn't have that limitation, it would be interesting to squeeze in Higurashi touching Momo and Shiki.
    Shiki being near someone who was from Wano implies that he may or may not have had connections with Wano itself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Then have Granny Nyon do it. She already knows and has no trauma connected tomthe symbol.
    *Snaps fingers*

Shit. So much for that. XD

I feel Robin should have the second highest bounty of the crew. I understand why they never bother with a giant one when she was a kid and was an easy target. So her relative capturability balanced her knowledge. But now that her new protector Luffy has become a legit powerhouse(and trash a goverment base to take her back) her price should skyrocket to make her a priority target even among his crew. She's no longer just a vague threat living in the shadows with limited ressources. Strawhat can recruit another strong guy if you kill Zoro but killing his roadmap to the secret of the world that's top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I feel Robin should have the second highest bounty of the crew. I understand why they never bother with a giant one when she was a kid and was an easy target. So her relative capturability balanced her knowledge. But now that her new protector Luffy has become a legit powerhouse(and trash a goverment base to take her back) her price should skyrocket to make her a priority target even among his crew. She's no longer just a vague threat living in the shadows with limited ressources. Strawhat can recruit another strong guy if you kill Zoro but killing his roadmap to the secret of the world that's top priority.
    Her bounty only increased by 1 million by the time of Enies Lobby strangely, even though she had been with Baroque Works and such by that time.

I just had a random thought but what if the medicine from Zou that was introduced in the latest chapter is made of the same stuff as the Energy Steroid from Fishman Island and that super drug from Alabasta? Like there's a herb out there that has super healing/strengthening powers and finding that could be key to Chopper's dream of the perfect medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I agree. Robin's bounty only being raised by 1 million after Enies Lobby was ridiculous. I knew then Oda wasn't really going by threat level for the crew and wanted Zoro's and Luffy's bounties to remain the highest for a while. Cuz otherwise doesn't make much sense that the entire crew got big bounties after that, Luffy's was raised by 200 mil and Zoro's was doubled. If you double Robin's she's only behind Zoro by a bit.
    Last.fm

I agree. Robin's bounty only being raised by 1 million after Enies Lobby was ridiculous. I knew then Oda wasn't really going by threat level for the crew and wanted Zoro's and Luffy's bounties to remain the highest for a while. Cuz otherwise doesn't make much sense that the entire crew got big bounties after that, Luffy's was raised by 200 mil and Zoro's was doubled. If you double Robin's she's only behind Zoro by a bit.
    I’m also surprised that his bounty isn’t over 100 million by now, despite any suspicion that he memorized Pluton’s blueprints, accessed Vegapunk’s technology, and managed to be destructive enough to destroy an entire factory.

I’m also surprised that his bounty isn’t over 100 million by now, despite any suspicion that he memorized Pluton’s blueprints, accessed Vegapunk’s technology, and managed to be destructive enough to destroy an entire factory.
    The WG didn't acknowledge it was Franky that was behind the Nightmare of Baldimore.

Edit: While they haven't fully acknowledged Franky, they did suspect that it was him, but thought it could have easily just been a gorilla due to witness statements and the difficulty of reaching the location in time and transit (596).
    Last edited by Cockycent; June 30th, 2021 at 01:14 PM.

Actually you're right about the Pluton blueprints. That should've got him a much bigger initial bounty like Robin as a child. Plus he's a cyborg, Oda could've easily went with he memorized the blueprints after looking at them once.
    Last.fm

Actually you're right about the Pluton blueprints. That should've got him a much bigger initial bounty like Robin as a child. Plus he's a cyborg, Oda could've easily went with he memorized the blueprints after looking at them once.
    Yeah, Robin was given a 79 million bounty at age 8 despite it not being confirmed to them at that time that she specifically wanted to find out what the Void Century was. Franky hiding the blueprints for as long as he did only to then burn them after some years could have raised suspicions that he copied them, memorized them, or had built the weapon in that time, but I suppose even that wasn't enough to give him more than a 100 million bounty.

Her bounty only increased by 1 million by the time of Enies Lobby strangely, even though she had been with Baroque Works and such by that time.
    That's because 79 million is a ridiculous bounty for a child, and they mainly did it to update her picture.

Think about it, Luffy basically conquered the East Blue (stopped only by Smoker) on his first voyage and got a 30 million bounty. Boa Hancock's first, and only, bounty for her first voyage as Amazon Emperess was also 80 million and they made her a Shichibukai.
    Even after beating Crocodile he only got a 100 million on his head. They gave an almost super rookie bounty to a child, because she knew how to read... that's my favorite bounty in the series.
    But anyway, imagining Robin spent a few years on the West Blue before moving on to Paradise while always laying low kept her bounty fronzen since she wasn't being a problem for the WG. If she had settled down she could probably live a chill life with no trouble. But then you have the Ennies Lobby incident and they update her picture just because now they're sure she's alive and kicking back, and her 80 millions are now and actual fair price for her head, since she's a competent adult.

In the New World she got a 50 million raise just by being around Luffy, for the first notorious thing they did after their comeback. (Fishman Island didn't report shit to the WG and Smoker once again took the credit for Punk Hazard). And you can see the WG going: Well, this crew is trouble but they're gonna mess with one of the emperors and get killed, right? Right? No need to worry that much.
    But she's gonna get a big bump now, not only is she stronger and defeat one of the Tobbi Roppo, along with Brook, but now Luffy is actually an emperor activly trying to find One Piece and so her knowledge is gonna be more valuable than ever.

Interesting how Lindbergh, Pedro, and Pekoms were givens bounties over 300 million, even though they’re minks.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I'm beginning to think that the highest-graded Meito reach this rank moreso due to their wielders than their forgers, even without the Black Blade stuff. Would not be surprised if at least Wado Ichimonji and Enma become Supreme Grade by the end of the series.

Spoiler:

Could be. How would that happen?

Do you see them now being the 13 top graded swords, which could be tied to Zoro's frequent bond with cursed blades, or Zoro breaking his opponent black blade whith his own, thus replacing the swords on the list?

Interesting how Lindbergh, Pedro, and Pekoms were givens bounties over 300 million, even though they’re minks.
    Poor Bepo. He's definitely worth more then a measly 500 beli!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information