+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: General Kingdom Hearts Thread

Default Re: General Kingdom Hearts Thread

Their parents are supposed to live at canoe distance, watch that Destiny island is just a key of Hawaii or something like that.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    If there has to be a Pixar mini game world, Ratatouille would be infinitely better.

Lightning McQueen and maybe Tater can be a summon.
    I wouldn't mind a Cars summon. It's satisfying to run an enemy down.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Ooooor, we could have mini-games in a Wreck-It Ralph world.
    Sneaking the actual Wreck-It-Ralph game in would be a masterpiece.

Wreck-It Ralph should replace Tron as the local digital world.
    I wouldn't be against that. Nobody was really against Tron, but I don't think anyone was particularly attached to it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    There’s only going to be ~10 worlds, so I want them to pick the best. I’m already bummed we’re going to get a Big Hero 6 world. I don’t care how much you love Baymax.
    Is anybody happy about Big Hero 6?

But above all else, I know the world we need. The world this game deserves. The Perfect World...

Spoiler:

I wonder who they would get to replace Eartha Kitt as Yzma.
    YES.

Lightning McQueen and maybe Tater can be a summon.
    Call him Mater Salad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Call him Mater Salad.
    Normally, I would be embarrassed about missing a typo like that. But when it's about Cars... No. I'm not ashamed at all. In fact, I'm actually a bit proud of how unintentionally funny that is.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Normally, I would be embarrassed about missing a typo like that. But when it's about Cars... No. I'm not ashamed at all. In fact, I'm actually a bit proud of how unintentionally funny that is.
    It's actually kind of brilliant.

For those who don't get the joke:

I find it telling that the last few pages have been almost entirely Disney-World related discussion, with little time spent on the actual Xehanort-based plot.

Sora: "Is the Organization recycling ideas?"

And then, a few minutes later, Vanitas, (aka EvilSora aka NegaVentus aka ApparentOriginalDarkRikuOutfitTrendsetter) shows up.

Maybe...maybe don't throw around the phrase "recycling ideas", Kingdom Hearts.

But Vanitas has a new coat! Like everyone elses
    Last edited by y2kyle89; February 14th, 2018 at 02:46 AM. Reason: "Join meow with your better half!"
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

A One Man Whalepocalypse The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

...You know, if they actually made Destiny Islands larger (and I mean MUCH larger), I actually wouldn't be against that.
    The highlight of the world: Sora finally goes home and eats that two year long dinner his mom made him.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    The highlight of the world: Sora finally goes home and eats that two year long dinner his mom made him.
    If Xehanort was born on Destiny Islands and wanted to escape from how small it felt, that is where he should die.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I find it telling that the last few pages have been almost entirely Disney-World related discussion, with little time spent on the actual Xehanort-based plot.
    Also notice how little has been Final Fantasy.

Remember how the big calling card of the original was the worlds of FF and Disney colliding? Then remember how the FF characters always tended to be in one area and largely irrelevant?

Gah, the gap between how much I loved these games when I first played them and what I think of them now is startling.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Also notice how little has been Final Fantasy.

Remember how the big calling card of the original was the worlds of FF and Disney colliding? Then remember how the FF characters always tended to be in one area and largely irrelevant?

Gah, the gap between how much I loved these games when I first played them and what I think of them now is startling.
    It will actually be really funny if the leak about there ebbing a Shibuya world turns out to be a true. Final Fantasy can't get a single world dedicated to their stories in over a decade and a half while The World Ends With You gets one.

Admittedly I'm more biased towards Disney, but their characters are more....imaginative/unique compared to FF? I suppose the Nomura originals fill in the roles an average protag would have.

Although I really hope Lightning or Noctis shows up somewhere.

I guess it's just because I got into this way too late, but every kind of promotion I saw of the first 2 Kingdom Hearts was all about Disney being a JRPG instead of Final Fantasy X Disney Crossover.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

I just want Balthier. Is that too much to ask?

Be careful of what you wish.

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I guess it's just because I got into this way too late, but every kind of promotion I saw of the first 2 Kingdom Hearts was all about Disney being a JRPG instead of Final Fantasy X Disney Crossover.
    Probably the bigger draw, sure, but...why did they even bother with the Final Fantasy stuff?

I think they could have at least tried inserting Final Fantasy characters into Disney worlds. Maybe to replace certain movie roles. For example, maybe Kefka could replace Stromboli or Honest John in Pinocchio's world.

Remember this is the leaked world list that was put out before Monster Inc was confirmed, so expect something like this:
    Spoiler:
    • Twilight Town
    • Mysterious Tower
    • Olympus [HE]: Files denote ties to a hammer, Hercules doll, stone blocks and pillars
    • Kingdom of Corona (Tangled/Rapunzel) [RA]: Mention made to bonfires, cliffs, swamps, wetlands and a tower door. Weirdly, it seems to be mixed with files related to Tarzan as well.
    • Galaxy Toys (Toy Story) [TS]: References to an Android Robot, Gigas, Gumball machine and a doll stage.
    • San Fransokyo
    • Monstropolis
    • Arendelle [FZ02]: Tons of icicle and crystal files seemingly confirm this one.
    • 100 Acre Woods [PO]: Data shows links to a honeypot, rabbit house and scarecrow
    • Radiant Garden [RG]: Leaks suggest a world with a castle, computer room and lots of pipes
    • Disney Castle [DC]: Evidence says a library bookshelf, fireplace and dog bed are important here.
    • Land Of Departure, Daybreak Plaza or Daybreak Palace [DP]: This part of the leak has lots of files related to castles and cathedrals.

I thought that leak also included Shibuya. Also, it's good to note that the leaker said that he only knows some of the worlds, not all of them.

I'm fine with most of the list, but do we seriously need Winnie the Pooh AGAIN? I'm going to riot unless they have the Backson in there.

I think Treasure Planet is all but guaranteed due to Roy Conli supervising the worlds of the movies he helped produce for Disney. Tangled and Big Hero 6 are covered. And Treasure Planet deleted assets might have been found in Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I think they could have at least tried inserting Final Fantasy characters into Disney worlds.
    The cast of FF XV riding the cars from Cars
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information