• 3DS

11 28.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shovel Knight

Default Re: Shovel Knight

what robby said. and aww. i want tinker knight. :<

Played around with it a little bit, but wasn't completely invested. I'm more looking forward to the complete genderswap, tbh

Just finished Plague of Shadows and gotta say, he is a fun character to play. Of course he was hard to control at first, but like someone already said, it gets much easier with the drift jump. Loved seeing another side of rhe townsfolks characters when dealing with PK, not to mention all the belittling he got from his former Ordermates.

Story spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    i do find his want for the potion just to win Mona over, but you know their little scenes between essence collecting were sweet and added another layer to the otherwise confident and megalomaniacal laughter.

In a sense, this was a journey for Plague Knight to realize he doesn't always have to act like a know it all all the time and just trust others that they would accept him for what he is like Mona already did, a sweet cinnamon roll to pure for this earth who loves explosions~

I had fun with it. I really enjoyed his maneuverability and just wish there was at least one unique level made with that first in mind. It's cool that we got the alternate paths, though. I really liked the bomb system and had fun crafting certain combos to deal best with certain platforming sections or bosses.

As for the story:

Spoiler:
    It gets a huge ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from me. I would have been more fine with no story, to be honest. I know this game isn't supposed to be pushing any story boundaries or anything, but I found it a little insulting that the two female characters in the game were both potential love interests for Plague Knight and really served no other purpose in the plot. The fact that PK was making his potion to admit his feelings was so sappy that it kind of hurt to read through, especially since I think it sort of drags down a potentially interesting character.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Just got started on this today, and I gotta say, it feels really super strange using him. Like, I enjoy the jumping over everything with epic burst, but all that glorious momentum is very quickly halted by things like enemies or platforms that are still obviously placed with shovel knight in mind.

Sure, it adds a new level of challenge and makes it interesting to go through stages, but it doesn't feel pleasant in the same way I kept wanting to go back to Shovel Knight to blaze through.

Anyone can make it!! JetPistolStrike's Avatar

I'm loving it so far, though it's kinda hard to get further considering I'm alternating between this & Super Mario Maker, among other games...

Plague Knight is awesome to play as once you get used to his playstyle, and I'm loving the combination style with his bombs. Just beat Specter Knight recently and I'm going to crown King Knight next... Keep the DLC coming, it's amazing!! :)
    The Straw Hats play videogames, so should you!!

3DS FC: 1461-6402-9432
    Pokemon Y version- Trainer: Matthew
    Nintendo Network ID: KoopaStomper27

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Spoiler:
    It gets a huge ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from me. I would have been more fine with no story, to be honest. I know this game isn't supposed to be pushing any story boundaries or anything, but I found it a little insulting that the two female characters in the game were both potential love interests for Plague Knight and really served no other purpose in the plot. The fact that PK was making his potion to admit his feelings was so sappy that it kind of hurt to read through, especially since I think it sort of drags down a potentially interesting character.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I do have to agree with you there. As much as I loved Mona's personality, it was pretty painful to watch the misunderstanding scene with Black Knight because it was so cliche. The Magicist kinda fell into obscurity for me when i maxed out my mana gage seeng as Baz gives you 5 free health potions when you recruit him.

All in all, it could have been better, but I am a sucker for schmaltz and that kinda made it better.

Anyway, onto another issue. Considering Specter Knight is one of the DLC playable characters, I wonder if that whole locket scene will play into his story...

I think I'm just a boring person: I sped through getting the Cipher coins to get all the upgrades and settled on Float Burst, Bounce Casing (switched to Lob for Propeller Knight and Black Knight 3), Component Powder and Impact Fuse for most of the game.
    Spoiler:
    Did it bother anyone else that Shield Knight wasn't with Shovel Knight during the Wandering Travelers scene in the credits?
    Last edited by y2kyle89; September 24th, 2015 at 03:25 AM. Reason: I think Plague Knight would be a easypun for the SpotPass thing on the 3DS version of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Shovel Knight is on steam sale right now for 10$. That *includes* the Plague Knight expansion, and will include the two future DLC characters for free.

If you haven't gotten it already, for cripes sake, get it now.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

We got a new update on the status of Specter Knight, etc http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/06/th...-announcement/

This game... goddamn I wish that they'd charge me as a non backer for the added campaigns.
    I guess what I'll do is gift away a copy to my clueless friends when the next campaign hits.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/2...hey-want-next/

So which dead franchise will Yacht Club honor next?

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/2...hey-want-next/

So which dead franchise will Yacht Club honor next?
    Samus with Galactic Knight would be great, and a new level where the only enemies are the federation forces

Paper Shovel Knight RPG please
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

"A Mario RPG," if they think they've got the writing chops for it ;)

Otherwise, a Metroid, please. Original Shovel Knight was close enough to Mega Man to satisfy that itch.

My thinking is that there's a bunch of metroidvanias and mega man's and such games out there, so I immediately voted for Mario rpg since it's a more rare thing for an indie company to go for as far as I know.

Gimme that Shovel knight RPG, Paper Mario: Color Splash is not going cut it for me.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

Yeah, a Mario RPG is the only genre that any indie developer team didn't made it until now.

I think there was a Contra somewhere, but dunno.

Shield Knight VN or bust. I want to date all the cute Knights. xD

It's time to bring this thread back into the light:

Really interested to see at what seem to be hints of more world-building and characterization. Probably what has me most excited. Also some cool mechanics in there.

Not sure if this is spoilers but
    Spoiler:
    Shield Knight! Yes!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information