+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Default Re: Destiny

The kind of game I could never play on console. I guess I'll wait for pc if it ever happens.

I'm totally regretting playing the Alpha and Beta so extensively now. Playing the same stuff for a third time is incredibly tedious. I don't even really want to play anymore...

That's why I only dipped my toes in while my roommate slogged through every little thing. Now that the game's out, I'm having a blast killed fucking WIZARDS FROM THE MOON

I got the game on Xbox One... And i'm having fun. I'm just terrible with a controller... If it was on PC I would be tearing through the levels so much easier.
    3DS Friendcode: 2921-9337-3545

This game was never much on my radar and I barely touched the beta. I don't know why, it's like a futuristic Borderlands, so it should be of interest to me. But... I honestly couldn't be less interested. I could literally have someone walk up to me tomorrow and want to sell me a copy for $20 and I'd be "Eeeeh... I dunno."

I'm actually disappointed in myself for not really caring to play it.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Don't be. Mission design is repetitive as hell, story is bland and overall the game is nothing more than too much hype for a generic half mmo fps.

From what I've seen in videos it looks like upgrades are linear without any branching/multiple options. Is that true? I hope that I'm wrong.

I'm half surprised at the lack of posting about the game (given what people said on the first page) now that it's been out for a while, but on the other hand... guess I'm not.

That being said, who's still playing? If there's any sizeable amount we could attempt the Vault, as I know I haven't gotten around to it yet.
    "As long as I'm alive, I want to die having risen just one step higher."

There's really not a lot to say about the game. It's cool, feels good and looks nice, but it's so thin that there's very little discussion to be had about it.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

it's pretty much in the same boat The Old Republic was in. Looks good, plays good, but there isn't much content. There is at least 2 DLC coming so I think it will get better when those come around.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    There's really not a lot to say about the game. It's cool, feels good and looks nice, but it's so thin that there's very little discussion to be had about it.
    Yeah, completely agree, hence the "well... guess I'm not surprised" part of my post.

If a bit of meat was added to the game (+ if they used what they already had a bit better), it probably could be a much better game since it has a lot going for it as it is.
    "As long as I'm alive, I want to die having risen just one step higher."

If nothing else, this game is damn enjoyable. Just finished the Raid and that was a great time.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

In the words of Dan Ryckert from the Giant Bombcast, "Destiny is a wonderful game for having a mindless activity to do as you have a great time hanging out with your friends and talking about your day".

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

I fear for the safety of my Xbox because I've gotten 4 exotic weapons from engrams and drops and the friends I've played with this entire time have 0 and are starting to get pissed.
    Wheel of morality turn, turn, turn.

I got lucky and found two exotics before level 23. It put me ahead of the curve, and now I have two exotic bounties lined up - though it does suck that they're taking up slots I'll enjoy the Fusion Rifle that comes of it.

So I play this every now and then and things seemed to have changed a lot since first playing. They made soloing harder now so I'm kind of forced to gather people to play with, so if anyone still plays this game and just wants an extra person to tag along on their crusades my Gamertag for PS4 is in my signature. Despite is gaping flaws I still enjoy this game to an extent.
    <3<3
    3DS Friend Code: 2466 - 2906 - 8327 | FS: (Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong)
    PS4 Gamertag: GeoLigar

Box 1 & 2 Teams
    | Box 3, 4 and 5 Teams

I know people hate this game but I absolutely love it. I'm really enjoying House of Wolves and am currently very active.

Right now I'm checking to see if there's anyone else on AP who still plays. If so my info is in my sig and I'd love to play with you.

Hi there =)
    I'm playing since january and as a "newcomer" who didn't play it since the start, the game still feels fresh and nice, especially with the house of wolves update. I am in a clan named "Raid Diggaz" with austria and german ppl. It is quite fun if you have a clan, also the house of wolves update brought us some discussions, since you only need a 3man team for all the content and mostly the same ppl play togetter (the better ones...), so the ones like me who aren't playing 24/7 are lacking a bit... Also it is quite hard to gatter with all this new stuff 4-6 ppl for the "old school" raids...

But who knows, maybe we can finde here some ppl =)

Kind regards
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    I know people hate this game but I absolutely love it. I'm really enjoying House of Wolves and am currently very active.

Right now I'm checking to see if there's anyone else on AP who still plays. If so my info is in my sig and I'd love to play with you.
    I'm a day one PS3 player with two level 34's and a soon to be 34. I'm addicted, it would seem, and thought I thought I'd be able to get over my addiction sometime soon, The Taken King, looks great. Plus, I just got a gun I've been trying to get since, well, I knew that Exotics were a thing; Hawkmoon.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Day one PS4 and haven't stopped since - except to break for Smash every now and then. My late game play right now is focused on getting as many exotics as I can. I just got my first Elder Cipher and I can't wait for the Queensbreaker. Hawkmoon is top of my to-do list (along with mythoclast) but so far it has eluded me.

House of Wolves is a great expansion with much more forgiving leveling systems. Trials of Osiris is my favorite pvp mode, and Prison of Elders is fun (if you have Gjhallahorn).

I loved what I saw from the Taken King and am especially excited for all the new subclasses. The new raid will be great in addition to the new strikes. I like that they're making the strikes more like tiny portions of raids than just sitting in a room waiting for a door to open.

One thing I'm disappointed about though is the collector's edition only being available with all the previous content. I am not paying $80 for that exclusive content (though it's a great deal for newcomers).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information