Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Official 2014 APCT Rules Thread

Default Re: The Official APCT 2014 Rules Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot View Post
    If you don't mind me asking when does the ability to vote unlock?
    Not going to give out the specifics on that, sorry. The minimum is in place to prevent cheating and spambots... but its a pretty easy minimum to hit. Just be active and you should get it before too long.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot View Post
    If you don't mind me asking when does the ability to vote unlock?
    The absolute least you could do is look into your mirror and admire your inner beauty every morning, indulging yourself within your own innate masculinity or femininity, drawing upon that self-confidence to strive to be the best version of yourself to offer to the world. You deserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    The absolute least you could do is look into your mirror and admire your inner beauty every morning, indulging yourself within your own innate masculinity or femininity, drawing upon that self-confidence to strive to be the best version of yourself to offer to the world. You deserve it!
    I've never done that, but I still got the ability to vote pretty soon after I joined :P
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

Considering this post

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Check out this link- the rules thread
    It will answer a lot of questions.
    If you have some ?s that it doesn't answer, go ahead and ask
    I will ask one thing:

What the hell is GrIfFiN´s PlAcE?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    CWhat the hell is GrIfFiN´s PlAcE?
    April Fools monstrosity from a few years back.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'd really like to get voting privileges by the time the second or third round starts, so I'd like to try campaigning. But before I start, I'd like to get more informed so I don't screw things up. So, how can one campaign without running into rule problems? Putting an image/etc. in your sig? Posting on the discussion thread as I've seen a couple other users do? Is it appropriate to mention campaigns elsewhere on the boards, outside your sig?

As long as you're not an ass and wise up if the staff tells you to stop doing something that's annoying, then you don't have much to worry about. Have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by heart_diode View Post
    I'd really like to get voting privileges by the time the second or third round starts, so I'd like to try campaigning. But before I start, I'd like to get more informed so I don't screw things up. So, how can one campaign without running into rule problems? Putting an image/etc. in your sig? Posting on the discussion thread as I've seen a couple other users do? Is it appropriate to mention campaigns elsewhere on the boards, outside your sig?
    You could do the sig as a general support and campaign. Some mention campaigning in other threads but its not a lot.
    Much of the campaigning -and those that will count the most- will be in the round of the match, in posting. You can try looking at the archives for previous tourneys to see what I mean.
    Actually some pics have already shown up (think it was dissucsion thread for the first round) campaigning for Tank Lepanto and Papaya(spelling wrong on purpose-forgot his actual spelling)

Many will spend this current time -now we know who is running- preparing their campaigns for the characters, some will create some pics when they know who their character is running against.

For not running against rules, there are some simple hints,
    -any large pics, put in a [hide] bracket, as so many of us are posting pics, it can make a lag time if we don't. Small pics like below are fine... as long its not multiple of them, if there are several, again hide them.=

- do not post any pics that looks sexualized (boob/manglaze campaigns are banned),

- do not bash another character... and this is actually easy to do, I accidentally did it last year without realizing it. I wanted to post some silly pics of the two in the match, but the one of Sanji was much too absurd than the other so people thought I was purposely making Sanji look bad,(that wasn't my intent at all) to fix this, I went and changed the pics so the silliness of both were of same level.

So while one may run into a rule, if its not a continual thing then the mods are (usually) good to just warn you and give you a chance to a- fix the problem and b- not do it again. But sometimes it pays to listen to other members even if they aren't mods, as they can warn you of a problem that you can fix before it becomes a problem for the mods.

Much will be a "learn as you go" process. Every year we welcome and help out newbies.
    ...and since I've not said it yet, I'll say so now= Welcome to AP!

Default Re: The Official 2014 APCT Rules Thread

Sorry if I missed it, but who are the 8 auto-pass characters?

Usopp, Franky, Luffy, Whitebeard, Robin, Bon Kurei, Norland (the previous tournament winners), and Satori (April Fool's promise).

Okay, I'm getting my campaign ready for tomorrow, and I wanna check on some image-related things. I'll be posting some static images in each of my campaigns, all of them around 500x300, probably 2-3 per post. I've also got four gifs which I'll be using in one post, all of which are 500x200 and under 1mb in size. (Hosting everything on Tumblr so I had to keep the sizes down anyway.) So my question is, would it be better to keep everything in spoiler code, or are the pics small enough to not merit that?

If it's two or three images of that size per post, that shouldn't be too much trouble.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Can we do a similar campaign to Add a Hat to Zeff?

So an "Add a [blank]" campaign for some character? That's fine.

Thread Information