+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2674

Thread: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Default Re: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I had a bad case of ulcers that for awhile, so I know some techniques to calm your stomach. There can be plenty of normal reasons for days of indigestion. First, I'd ask you to review your diet. If you eat a lot of junk food...that'll cause it. However, look up foods that increase stomach acidity. Foods like cheese, oranges, or black tea can increase stomach acidity and put more stress on your stomach. Also, Ibuprofen can really wreck your stomach lining.

For your questions:

1- I don't know. However, I've had stomach and chest pains like that before now. As embarrassing as it is, that can just be gas. It hurts, but isn't as lethal as it feels. I too thought "heart attack" only to realize it was something benign.
    2- It depends! If you have a real stomach disorder, then no and you should see a doctor and get some advice. However, if bad habits are causing it, then maybe. The fact that this is only a few days old suggests its not serious, but keep an eye on it.

Here's a list of ideas:

-If might be something as simple as drinking more water, and less soda. Tea is also great, as warm water helps your stomach digest moreso then cold water. Ginger, mint, or green tea is good for that.

-This surprised me, but posture is important. The act of breathing (where you abdomen pushes on your stomach) and standing (cause apparently gravity is one force in your digestion) can help you digest normally. Laying on your stomach for long periods of time can actually mess you up.

-Eat grains and bread to line our stomach, and "cushion" yourself to whatever you ate.

-Aloe Vera water. It tastes horrible, but this helps cool down your stomach. A pharmacy might sell this.

-Supplements like probiotics or ginger root help, if you're interested a natural method and avoiding stomach meds.

Try some of these ideas, and see if you're still hurting.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm actually feeling a bit better today. I only had chest pain once, when I was exercising. I'm hearing less noises from my stomach and have less trouble burping. It's possible this is just a brief passing sickness, but I'll keep the food and medicine information in mind if it goes back to how it was before today.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

We decided not to bother cooking a Christmas dinner this year, we went out for it instead.
    It was pretty good all things considered, though obviously nothing ever beats the home made stuff.

Spoiler:

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Had a great Christmas like always. Went to my grandmother's to do the family tradition of exchanging gifts.

Happy New Years Arlong Park!

As always, hope this one is better than the last.
    Everything's Eventual...

Happy new year Outerspec, and everyone else on this forum !

Lump of Dirt

Happy New Year to everyone here at Arlong Park! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    Happy New Year to everyone here at Arlong Park! :)
    You too! Hope life is great and good luck with 2018 Ekila and the rest of the OP fam

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Happy New Years Arlong Park!

As always, hope this one is better than the last.
    I share this sentiment, cause 2017 sucked in many ways. However, I hope that it didn't suck for many people personally, and also that we can have better things in 2018.

Now I just need to remember to write 2018 on any documents I fill out...

2017 was doomed to suck anyway. On January the first of 2017 anglo-americans were like "yeah, brexit and trump happened oh no, 2016 sucks! hail 2017!!" except that the douche only became president in 2017 and the negotiations for the brexit have started during 2017 too!
    Anyway, 2018 should be the year of the Trump administration being jailed---- a better christmas for some americans.

What I love about post-blizzard days is how it focuses everyone. Where I work, the devastating cold energizes the people who come in, and gives them something to talk about! It's funny, I would think talking about the cold all day would get old, but then you get by a window and forget all over again.

Also, I accidentally overheard (I mean there weren't hiding, they were only a few feet away in the same room) a conversation with management trying to negotiate with someone to salt and shovel our parking lot. Despite being a major store, we had a icy lot since noon--a real safety hazard. What's interesting is that I heard two different snow plow organizations, and both were a little pathetic. They spoke, management pushed for them to come over, and the manager complains they're busy (which is valid) then describe a physical impairment (one a stroke victim of 9 years ago and the other with a cold) to try and gain sympathy. Which seems weird, cause I don't think these guys on the phone are the ones doing the physical labor, so why does that affect your employees? The management gave up on these two before moving on. I don't think they found anyone in the end, cause when I left for the day those parking lots were still covered in ice.
    Last edited by onemoment; January 5th, 2018 at 07:39 PM.

Went out clubbing for the first time this year (also the first time in about three months) and I got a huge confidence boost. We'll see how long that will hold but for now this is my year!

How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

Threw up after like 4 minutes on the stationary bike. Rather unpleasant and frustrating. I guess my dinner will be water.

Ugh, now I feel so weak. And hungry, strangely.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Saw my older sister for the first time in years. I'm so happy right now that words can't describe.

Finally caved in and bought a new pair of shoes and I couldn't be happier. They're nice looking, warm, water-proof, and seem like they'll last a while. A bit pricey, but shoes is the one thing I'm willing to put a lot of money on. Even bought a pair of special soles.

I've never had such a pleasant shoe-testing experience. The employee came right up to me, listened to my extremely vague descriptions of what I wanted, and went and got shoes that were actually descent. She was very nice and patient and didn't over-complicate things. I normally HATE testing shoes. My feet are oddly shaped so it's impossible to find a good fit in regular stores. Last time we tested for half an hour and I winded up spending over 1500kr on a pair that I've never used once because turns out they hurt like hell. It's such a relief to have gotten a pair that feels and looks nice. And if I'm lucky the soles might even improve my walking and posture.

It was about time too. I have exactly two pair of shoes: a pair of worn-down sandals and a pair of spring/autumn shoes. I've used that last pair this entire year. There's holes in the soles, the laces have snapped multiple times and overall they're extremely worn down. I'm much more hyped to take walks now, I realized just how cold it was walking in those shoes. And I don't have to jump over all the mud and puddles anymore! I can take hikes, walk in the park or across the hills.

I've never loved a pair of shoes this much.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

I tried something new today:

I read the entirety of the forums Bleach thread while listening to Kid Cudiís speeding bullet 2 heaven. strongly recommended mhmmmhmm!!

My aunt's church needs a janitor so she's offered me the job. Which is great since I've had enough of cleaning at hellmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    I tried something new today:

I read the entirety of the forums Bleach thread while listening to Kid Cudi’s speeding bullet 2 heaven. strongly recommended mhmmmhmm!!
    I am very impressed and intrigued :o
    Hidden:

Can someone link me to a good Super Bowl commercial? For an assignment I need to choose a Super Bowl commercial and explain what marketing strategies it uses but I don't watch the Super Bowl (or TV at all, really).
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Can someone link me to a good Super Bowl commercial? For an assignment I need to choose a Super Bowl commercial and explain what marketing strategies it uses but I don't watch the Super Bowl (or TV at all, really).

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post

These are, I believe, the only two good commercials that ran this year

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information