+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 133 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2644

Thread: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Default Re: How was your Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorkov View Post
    Cool, what areas of infotech will you be studying?
    Gotta see, haven't decided completely yet.

A friend from Dallas came to visit who I haven't seen for over a year now. It was nice to catch up with him and see how he was doing. Got a bit akward with his girlfriend being there, since we couldn't find much in common to talk about. Another cool thing was while we were at an ice cream place I ran into another person I knew. It was a PhD student who I helped out with his project a little bit during my last semester as an Undergrad. He recently just finished the project and it became a published paper, so it was nice to know that something I helped out a little with went well.

Lost my appendix today

Currently in the Hospital with 4 weird scabs where they went in to remove it

Will be out tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by DIO View Post
    Lost my appendix today

Currently in the Hospital with 4 weird scabs where they went in to remove it

Will be out tomorrow morning
    Oh dear, it's good to know it's over. I pray you are relieved of the post surgery pain soon and recover fully.

At least you're are better now healthwise. Keep us posted

Update:

Got out around 2 hours ago from hospital but staying at parents until Saturday

Have to take required drugs and do "routine walking"

Was watching the 1st men in black movie, fell asleep and awoke to the movie where Tom Hanks is with that volleyball

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Watched the fireworks over at Joliet Memorial Stadium this evening with my family, which we do every year.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

I'm considering getting a Blackbeard Jolly Roger tattoo. Good or bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    Somehow I don't think you should. It's a bit of a too "permanent" feature on your person for a temporary fictional show. Think of yourself later in life and whether your'll want it still on you as much.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    Somehow I don't think you should. It's a bit of a too "permanent" feature on your person for a temporary fictional show. Think of yourself later in life and whether your'll want it still on you as much.
    Good point! When One Piece is said and done, maybe I'll consider it again, but for now, I guess I should wait and see if One Piece ends as spectacularly as I expect it to.

Depends, really depends.

You can get personal attachments to temporary fictional shows, for example, certain parts of OP are more than a story and have deep personal meanings and associations for me.
    Then there is a fact that Blackbeard storyline isn't concluded yet and we have so much yet to see.

And yes tattoos are a permanent decision, that you shouldn't make so easily, but if you do decide to, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    As someone who already got a tattoo I say you have to wait and think about it a lot, since it is a permanent decision. Think about when you are older and if you would regret getting it. Don't get one just because it was part of a manga/video game you like, get one if the symbol/drawing holds a deep meaning to you. Mine is the symbol of a band that really helped me in my darkest times.
    If you like Blackbeard that much, wait for his flashback, it will happen.

You can always make those non permanent tattoo to see if you would like.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    That's super cool :D What a fun looking group. Did you all converge in Denmark just for the meetup?
    Hidden:

I finished my university exam. Now I have lot more free. Time

I'm in a very difficult situation right now and I just...I gotta tell it somewhere...Many years ago (almost a decade ago), I had a crush on a childhood friend. I ended up confessing to her but we never really got anywhere and after waiting so long for a reply, I lost my patience and ended up with another girl instead.Fast forward to today, and I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 years. When all of a sudden, my childhood crush starts chatting with me again. We ended up learning more about each other's circumstances, and confirmed that we still have feelings for each other.Now, my current girlfriend is a nice girl, and she's totally innocent, but we don't communicate very well and have next to no common interests. On the other hand, after my crush started chatting with me, we could chat for hours every night. Maybe it's just because it's been a long time and we have s lot of things to catch up on. I dunno.But either way, I feel more comfortable being myself with my crush than I do with my girlfriend. I'm thinking of breaking up with her, but...she's also in love with me and keeps trying to pull me back. My crush knows this and is afraid to confirm her feelings because she didn't want my girlfriend to be hurt. But she also feels heartbroken when I talk about my girlfriend, so I really want to just get together with her....What should I do?
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I'm in a very difficult situation right now and I just...I gotta tell it somewhere...Many years ago (almost a decade ago), I had a crush on a childhood friend. I ended up confessing to her but we never really got anywhere and after waiting so long for a reply, I lost my patience and ended up with another girl instead.Fast forward to today, and I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 years. When all of a sudden, my childhood crush starts chatting with me again. We ended up learning more about each other's circumstances, and confirmed that we still have feelings for each other.Now, my current girlfriend is a nice girl, and she's totally innocent, but we don't communicate very well and have next to no common interests. On the other hand, after my crush started chatting with me, we could chat for hours every night. Maybe it's just because it's been a long time and we have s lot of things to catch up on. I dunno.But either way, I feel more comfortable being myself with my crush than I do with my girlfriend. I'm thinking of breaking up with her, but...she's also in love with me and keeps trying to pull me back. My crush knows this and is afraid to confirm her feelings because she didn't want my girlfriend to be hurt. But she also feels heartbroken when I talk about my girlfriend, so I really want to just get together with her....What should I do?
    Whew! Wow. I am in a pretty similar situation but much more complex. You need to pray about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    Before making any bold decisions that you may regret, i think waiting a bit and see if you and your crush actually can continue doing what you are doing after catching up on each other does really last, or if it's just a momentary experience, fruit of memories and past regrets. Maybe find out why all of a sudden she started talking to you again (if you haven't done that already), to see what is motivating her so much. Also try talking with your girlfriend about how much you really want to be together despite these conflicting feelings. Maybe this event can help shed light on aspects of your relationship you didn't consider before.

I agree, you have to wait and see if this old flame that reignited in your life is a possibility to a nostalgic relationship or if it is old friends that needs time to caught up their talk. Either way, be patient and true to yourself and thye others you care/love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Today I went to a cosplay event/heavy metal show, the sight of little girls cosplaying kawaii maids while headbanging to death metal songs was amazing !! Made my day.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I'm just afraid I'm not being fair to my girlfriend by stating with her, since I can't feel the same way she does for me. We started because I was looking for a placeholder in the first place...as self centered as that sounds...I want her to be able to find someone who can treat her well and return her feelings...But she's adamant that person is me and I just feel sorry for her that I can't live up to that because my heart is with someone else...
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

@Bond en Avant
    Spoiler:
    Well, you are definitely in a situation where whatever you do, you are screwed. Someone is gonna get hurt.
    As everyone said, think about it carefully before making any decision.
    From my perspective, if you leave your girlfriend for your childhood friend, it seem like cheating...

Personally, i think your childhood friend is being unfair to both your & your girlfriend. You confessed to her but she didn't give a response back then for whatever reason. 10 years later, she return and become close to you again. Your feeling rekindle and now she's hoping there might be something between both of you while knowing you got a girlfriend. Yeah, sure she doesn't want to hurt your girlfriend feeling but at the same time she keep sending mixed signals that is confusing you.She had her chance 10 years back. 10 years is way too long a time to think about your decision of liking someone. It's her fault for not responding back then. She can't just walk back into your life and expect you to be with her.
    If she is genuinely respectful towards your current girlfriend, she would make her stance clear that she's a friend & nothing more (even if she still has feelings for you) She won't keep sending out message that she still like you & feel 'guilty' about it.

As for your current girlfriend, you may feel that she deserve someone better and not you. But from her perspective, you are the best for her. If she was merely a placeholder, you won't be dating her for 5 years. That has to be something that draw both of you together. Also, it's not uncommon for people in long term relationship to start to "lose interest" in their partner and they want to look for someone better. Also, since you guys were dating for 5 years, she's probably feeling insecure with the presence of your childhood friend. If you genuinely care for her as a friend/girlfriend, try not to hurt her feelings.

While we can't control our feelings for someone, we can control our action.

Let say you break up with your girlfriend to be with the other, you guys may be happy for a while. Eventually, either one of you may feel guilty for what you did and you guys may end up unhappy after a while. The initial spark will be gone and you guys may not feel the passion anymore...

But if you stay with your girlfriend, you will end up hurting your childhood friend. You might feel guilty you are staying with you current girlfriend out of obligations & for hurting your childhood friend. You might start having second thoughts about the whole thing...

It's really a pick your poison situation. You will end up hurting someone regardless unfortunately.

I do apologize for making assumptions and if my advice just make you more confused. Lol

I truly hope you can find the least painful solution to this dilemma.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information