+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SJ OP Volumes 1-23 Holofoil vs Regular

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default SJ OP Volumes 1-23 Holofoil vs Regular

I now have the option to choose since I have doubles of 1-23. Do you like the 1-23 Foil covers of One Piece without the arc labels on the spine or do you like the Nonholo spine labels that make things feel a bit more organized?

I've been messing around on a eBay a great deal and I have 110 volumes of One Piece now @_@

I'm selling a 1-50 bulk and I can't decide if I should keep the earlier foil editions or the newer version with labels (1-11 East Blue and 12-23 Baroque Works)

I'm also sorry if this type of thread isn't allowed on AP since it doesn't really add to any discussions in a meaningful way.

That being said I will be selling 1-50 on eBay (along with Naruto 1-26,29 and Bleach 1-12) so if anyone is interested, hit me up. :D Thanks guys and gals!

Default Re: SJ OP Volumes 1-23 Holofoil vs Regular

If you're keeping them for collector's value, hold on to the holofoil logo copies. If you want consistency, keep the arc labeled editions.
    The arc descriptions seem a little inconsistent anyway, they've just stuck with 'New World' instead of Fishman, Punk Hazard and Dressrosa.

Unfortunately Viz are bad about releasing a perfect collections of many series due to translations, edits, re-branding and different formats. But you're essentially getting the same thing most of the time. Would be bad if you have OCD. I don't think many buyers on ebay would pay more for one or the other for One Piece, who knows. I know a lot of the sealed copies have stickers inside them from when they went on sprint to up with the most recent releases.

Do you own a special edition first volume where the the whole cover is foil and not just the logo? 5000 were printed for each big series at the time: https://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/p...-oh-and-naruto

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    If you're keeping them for collector's value, hold on to the holofoil logo copies. If you want consistency, keep the arc labeled editions.
    The arc descriptions seem a little inconsistent anyway, they've just stuck with 'New World' instead of Fishman, Punk Hazard and Dressrosa.

Unfortunately Viz are bad about releasing a perfect collections of many series due to translations, edits, re-branding and different formats. But you're essentially getting the same thing most of the time. Would be bad if you have OCD. I don't think many buyers on ebay would pay more for one or the other for One Piece, who knows. I know a lot of the sealed copies have stickers inside them from when they went on sprint to up with the most recent releases.

Do you own a special edition first volume where the the whole cover is foil and not just the logo? 5000 were printed for each big series at the time: https://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/p...-oh-and-naruto
    I have them for collector's value/story. I was probably going to hold onto the holo covers. How do you mean consistency, though? In story or just in spines?

Also I noticed the "New World" spines which is beyond dumb and obviously will get a second reprinting with the proper arc names. I also noticed some New World volumes are dark purple while others are blue. Generally it seems Viz can't get their shit together. I mean as if "Zolo" isn't enough...

My Naruto is just plain old Naruto. I just recently learned of the foil cover. Pretty cool stuff. xD

The spines/arc titles are inconsistent from the New World onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    My Naruto is just plain old Naruto. I just recently learned of the foil cover. Pretty cool stuff. xD
    They had 5000 for One Piece, probably be the hardest to find along up there with the first American Color Walk.

it's annoying. I have the originals without the arc names all from viz except one. My volume 12 is from GM and not viz. it really bugs me cause i just have this glaring inconsistency and i can't even get a 12 now without it saying east blue/baroque works

The spines/arc titles are inconsistent from the New World onward.

They had 5000 for One Piece, probably be the hardest to find along up there with the first American Color Walk.
    I definitely plan on getting the first American color walk but are you sure they have the holocover for OP? I will undoubtedly pay for it since I only really care about my OP collection.

Edit: so I googled "Foil Cover One Piece" and this thread was THIRD on Google after it being super new which leads me to think that it doesn't exist. I love collecting things *~*
    Last edited by Majora; May 25th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.

It's extremely hard to even find traces of it's existence. I don't think I'll be able to find a copy for sale but it gives me something fun to collect. Kinda expensive hobby, collecting stuff. xD

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/soni...Piece.jpg.html
    Last edited by Majora; May 26th, 2014 at 02:22 AM.

It's extremely hard to even find traces of it's existence. I don't think I'll be able to find a copy for sale but it gives me something fun to collect. Kinda expensive hobby, collecting stuff. xD

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/soni...Piece.jpg.html

Hey man do you perhaps have volume 69 in english?

I have one of the limited edition copies of YuYu Hakusho volume 1. Remember seeing Yu-Gi-Oh! and Naruto volume 1 back in the day.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Hey man do you perhaps have volume 69 in english?
    Not yet, but I will eventually. Just 1-62 missing 53 and 55

Edit: so I googled "Foil Cover One Piece" and this thread was THIRD on Google after it being super new which leads me to think that it doesn't exist. I love collecting things *~*
    Oh, it exists.....

What's the differences between 'holofoil' and regular?
    Does holofoil not have the name of the arc on the volume?

Quote Originally Posted by Conspirator View Post
    What's the differences between 'holofoil' and regular?
    Does holofoil not have the name of the arc on the volume?
    Yup! My guess is that the production cost of the Holofoil was more than they wanted to spend, so they removed the nice covers along with the name of each volume (for example it'll say like "Bob's Adventure" right under One Piece but the current editions don't) and put the name of the spines. You won't find the names on the spine of a holo cover.

Yup! My guess is that the production cost of the Holofoil was more than they wanted to spend, so they removed the nice covers along with the name of each volume (for example it'll say like "Bob's Adventure" right under One Piece but the current editions don't) and put the name of the spines. You won't find the names on the spine of a holo cover.
    Ah i see thanks for the info.

You never did respond to my questions. xD Scroll uppp!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information