+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stravaganza - Isai no Hime

Default Stravaganza - Isai no Hime

Stravaganza - Isai no Hime by Tomi Akihito

You should have to know that a drawing like this is a sign of good things... Look at the bodies, they are not standard; look at the body language, for instance the hands, it's fully intentional and detailed; and look at that odd mixture, the lady's elegant dresses... and the helmets...

Not licensed yet, there is only one chapter scanlated,... but it's simply that good, that I just had to spread the world and make some advertisement so that maybe some group would take it. - S i m p l y - - m i n d b l o w i n g!

If anything you can check Sometimes Mellow another series by the same author, which let you know his skill as storyteller. (There is a thread here in AP).

Comedy Ecchi Fantasy Seinen

mangaupdates

Let me quote the first two pages as a teaser:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ukimix; May 5th, 2014 at 04:55 AM.

Default Re: Stravaganza - Isai no Hime

It seems an interesting manga. I've searched all the web but no raws for this manga. We have only the first chapter translated.
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

The complete raw of Vol 1 is available here.

Looks like a solid art style. Would keep an eye on it.

Waiting for chapter 2 to be translated. Also, poor turtle-thingy.

Futariwaprettyanom took the series. Here chapter 2.

Between the art and the humour this is going to be a really fun reading.

Is there someone reading this series?

It's getting really really interesting. In the first 10 chapters it has been good for sure. The art is just splendid, and there is nothing much conventional in the plot we have. Fantastic wild beasts, some princess spanked, some maids from the aristocracy making a cabaret show... a lot of fanservice and some wild bloody gore... and the plot is still believable, charming and intriguing. Most of the readers wonder about where this is going to. Certainly it's an odd plot, but I guess the author took the title in reference to a genre of literary and musical work called extravaganza which includes burlesque, pantomime, parody. Here wiki's explanation:

An extravaganza is a literary or musical work (often musical theatre) characterized by freedom of style and structure and usually containing elements of burlesque, pantomime, music hall and parody. It sometimes also has elements of cabaret, circus, revue, variety, vaudeville and mime.[1]Extravaganza may more broadly refer to an elaborate, spectacular, and expensive theatrical production.[2]The term was widely used to describe to a type of 19th-century British drama made popular by James Planché. Planché defined it as "the whimsical treatment of a poetical subject."[3]
    The term is derived from the Italian word stravaganza, meaning extravagance.

Anyway, now the series doesn't seem to be about parody or burlesque, since the main plot line seems to be about the drama of a people devastated by the evil Mumbas.

Vivian becomes more and more in a believable character. I'm just hyped with the story.
    Last edited by Ukimix; April 25th, 2015 at 08:20 PM.

Nice art and good story, gotta keep an eye on it.

The art of this manga is just pure gold. Every line is intentionally and very well drawn!!!! Chapter 12 is online.

Some pics of vol 3. Pg 139 of vol 3 (seven chapters ahead of the current scanlated chapter):

Spoiler:

And in pg 156 of vol 3 these other monsters appear:

Spoiler:

But the best badass character appears in pg 29 of vol 3:

Spoiler:
    Lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    The art of this manga is just pure gold. Every line is intentionally and very well drawn!!!! Chapter 12 is online.
    Look what i found in the news tonight :
    http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...chez-Casterman

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Look what i found in the news tonight :
    http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...chez-Casterman
    So new volumes for the personal library!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    So new volumes for the personal library!!
    Probably it is a nice one. I was surprised it was picked by an editor. I wish it will happen with Ran one day.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Ahh, you're reading it. Nice! Yeap, now the villain is revealed. He's as ugly as Claria is hot. :D

Orcs are never pretty my friend,never.

I love the art of this author. It's always an eye candy; great narrative power and deliciously obscene. I hope the scanlation wouldn't take that long with each chapter.

I don't think the nudes are ecchi. It's beyond it. Another thing. Not sure what it is, but its' gorgeous.

New chapter.
    And I hate to say it, but this is a reason for it to never be released in the west.
    And regarding the nudity, is just that. In most of the cases the scenes need it, it's nothing forced on it's natural.

Poor Kum Kum, fell in love, then into poison madness. :c

I've found the korean translation till ch.32. And holy shit, did this got grimdark. Like G.R.R. Martin dark. It's awesome though. That war is amazingly well done! I wish it would get animated with great music, splatter sounds and war cries to get the chills! <3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information