+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Funimation Film Z Discussion

Default Funimation Film Z Discussion

We had a Strong World Discussion, now let's have ourselves a Film Z one.

Flower Mound, Texas (April 7, 2014) – FUNimation® Entertainment announced today it has acquired the U.S. and Canadian home video rights for
    One Piece Film: Z
    . The 12th movie based off the long-running, action anime, One Piece Film: Z finds Luffy and his crew of Straw Hat Pirates in the New World – facing off against the powerful, former Marine Admiral “Z.” Similar to One Piece Film: Strong World, released in November of last year, One Piece creator, Eiichiro Oda, worked closely with the director on the film.
    One Piece Film: Z
    is expected to be released in Fall 2014. For future release details, cast announcement, and exclusive content, be sure to Like the official One Piece page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/onepieceofficial

Funimation has just announced that One Piece Film Z is coming to DVD this fall. It will be the first time the English cast even touches the New World, and will possibly be the first time we hear the voices of very important characters coming down the line. So use this thread to discuss your thoughts on who will be cast as who. Who's gonna be Zephyr, Kizaru, etc? The possibilities are so exciting.

I'm personally hoping Funimation pulls another left field with Zephyr like they did with Shiki, and announce a VA who none of use expect them to get.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Funimation Film Z Discussion

Can't wait to hear Kizaru

I still haven't bought Strong World.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy120 View Post
    Can't wait to hear Kizaru
    This. He's going to be a difficult character to do proper justice.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I still haven't bought Strong World.
    Shame on you, lol

What's the point of this thread?
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    What's the point of this thread?
    What was the point of the original Strong World thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Davis-Lightheart View Post
    What was the point of the original Strong World thread?
    I don't know, I personally don't see why we can't just discuss this news in the DVD thread, but I guess that ruins the purpose of the FUNi section...:P

Carry on with your discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    I don't know, I personally don't see why we can't just discuss this news in the DVD thread, but I guess that ruins the purpose of the FUNi section...:P

Carry on with your discussion
    The thread will thrive more when the movie actually releases, so I'd say he's just preparing early

sweet!

Can't wait to hear Akainu and Kizaru's voice.
    It's weird that we'll be seeing New world material in english so soon, considering at the moment in the actual dub, they're not even at thriller Bark yet.
    "Get a load of THIS!" - Robotnik

Stowaway

Strong world was awesome, I can't wait for Film Z. I hope they do the other movies in time too, but this last break between releases has felt so long. The longer break must have to do with them wrapping up the movie for production and distribution in the fall. I also wonder if we will see the dbz and toriko crossover episodes. Funimation does own all the voices,

Seems like FUNimation has licensed Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods. And to no one's surprise... it's getting a way better push than One Piece Film Z.

To start, it's getting a limited theater run....

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky1125 View Post
    Seems like FUNimation has licensed Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods. And to no one's surprise... it's getting a way better push than One Piece Film Z.

It makes sense, DBZ is a much huger anime in the states and people will actually go to that.

Yeah, I know. Just another reason why I wish One Piece is more popular here. Little things like this are awesome, but we'll never be able to experience it with this series.

Well, I guess technically we already did with Movie 8 but... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky1125 View Post

And that makes sense. You are talking about a show that has been THE staple for Funimation as an anime company and having a legendary following in both the States and Japan. This is the first movie that has come out for the show since 1997 so of course Funi is going to promote the hell out of this. Dragonball Z is far more iconic in the casual public's eyes and has far more recognition in the US than any of the current Shonen Jump forerunners.

I love One Piece but I have far more grounded expectations of where it's popularity in the US will get it. We're fortunate that the manga sells well, we have it simulcast in HD, the games are coming out with some regularity again, and it's back on Toonami. While I want Film Z to get a nice theatrical run as well it's not helmed by well known anime director, Studio Ghibli, or Pokemon so the chances are a little less likely.
    Check out my artwork and my musings here:
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/

I was honestly more surprised that DBZ: BOG wasn't a full theatre run instead of limited...seeing how popular DBZ is in America

Discovered Stowaway YonkouProductions's Avatar

Z sounds great! I don't know if we heard him but I wanted to hear Kizaru pretty bad. Got a mirror up.

Last edited by YonkouProductions; July 5th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

As fellow One Piece fans, we must spread this trailer around the universe.

...The sound-mixing on that trailer is not great. The music is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too loud.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information