Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Hey so long as they're not imitating sticking plungers up people's asses
    What's the story behind this?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    sticking plungers up people's asses

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Law and Order is still a thing?
    Yes currently airing a new spinoff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    What's the story behind this?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abner_Louima
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Eh were i live we have tons of middle aged men dressed up like greasers with ultra renovated old chevys and optional confederate flag stickers so i'm not too suprised that people might like the visuals of something they saw in the movies enough to form an identity around it

In a piece of nice news, Howard University is naming their College of Fine Arts after Chadwick Boseman:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...sXphpmiAzkSrAs

They also apparently named Phylicia Rashad as the Dean. Damn.

So, didya hear about Simoe Biles doing a double-flip on the vault? How cool it was? Well, the judges didn't think it was that cool and didn't give her any extra points:
    https://www.salon.com/2021/05/26/sim...09ro1mSGUhh2Is

Boiling it down to the obvious, it's because she's black and female. She's been criticized for being "unfair" to other gymnasts for being able to do what they can't, whereas athletes like white-guy Michael Phelps are praised even though they've been shown to have physical advantages. This is Surya Bonalay all over again.

Join the Tsimané people to avoid Alzheimer
    https://consumer.healthday.com/5-28-...653103510.html

Complicating things since 2009.

This is one reason I don't watch football.

Yep .
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Are there ten, I ask only ten, cultural institutional practices in the US that hasn't been birthed by racism?

WTF??? How can people assume things when we are all the same regarding brain functionality.... Why can't we just accept that because someone is colored that they are not subhuman, they are as human as everyone else x.x

You know she's a special kind of Karen when she demands to see the manager . . . OF AN ENTIRE AIRPORT.
    https://www.comicsands.com/woman-air...1q61u9Zu19V3IY

You feel bad for the security guard and the airline workers who have to deal with that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Are there ten, I ask only ten, cultural institutional practices in the US that hasn't been birthed by racism?
    You'll have to give me a moment to think, it's truly hard to come up with one.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    WTF??? How can people assume things when we are all the same regarding brain functionality.... Why can't we just accept that because someone is colored that they are not subhuman, they are as human as everyone else x.x
    How can they? Because tons of people are racist assholes, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    How can they? Because tons of people are racist assholes, that's why.
    I guess it just dumbfounds me, like I treat everyone equally regardless of their race, etc. But I guess I have to accept not everyone is like me in that regard...

You have a better understanding, but a lot of people are raised in small environments that are dominated by hateful and small-minded thinking. Travel is one of the best ways to get an understanding of different people, even if it's just to a different state, but sadly not a lot of people travel. For one reason or another.

Being half minority already gave me a deeper knowledge of the racist history of the country, but nothing like going to Japan gave me such a dose of humility and understanding of what it means to immigrate to a new country, especially one that doesn't speak your language. But how many Americans can get to Japan, or any part of Asia? Not many.

You have a better understanding, but a lot of people are raised in small environments that are dominated by hateful and small-minded thinking. Travel is one of the best ways to get an understanding of different people, even if it's just to a different state, but sadly not a lot of people travel. For one reason or another.
    Yeah, I traveled a lot and lived in several states. Though I wonder if me being transgender helped me understand things better too. Though I always try to learn and educate myself as well by listening to others and asking questions. Though I guess I was always the weird one out even before I knew I was trans, since I got bullied a lot as a child because I was different and always felt alone. I learned Polish first despite being born in the United States, so when I went to kindergarten, it was awkward since I didn't know English.

Being half minority already gave me a deeper knowledge of the racist history of the country, but nothing like going to Japan gave me such a dose of humility and understanding of what it means to immigrate to a new country, especially one that doesn't speak your language. But how many Americans can get to Japan, or any part of Asia? Not many.
    Yeah, I see. I only really visited Poland, but I want to travel more, like go to places like in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. I really like learning about culture and stuff, though I'm not sure why. Though I also know my priest uncle on my dad's side was a missionary in Africa, so that was seen as a positive thing, as he was helping those in need. The only racist thing was my family being anti-Jewish, well my dad a little, my mom not so much, she was nice to everyone. Though my uncle is heavily, but that was a bit after the thing with my dad where I knew better. Oh and my family was really racist against Russians too, which probably stemmed from the Soviets taking over Poland back during the Cold War. Still doesn't excuse that line of thinking though.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Though I wonder if me being transgender helped me understand things better too.
    Oh, definitely. Nothing like being the weird one or the odd one out to teach you about prejudice. Right, X-Men?

Oh, definitely. Nothing like being the weird one or the odd one out to teach you about prejudice. Right, X-Men?
    Hehe, quite indeed! But hey I rather be myself then pretend to be someone I'm not to fit in!

https://www.rawstory.com/us-judge-ov...an-2653245785/
    "Guns and ammunition in the hands of criminals, tyrants and terrorists are dangerous; guns in the hands of lawabiding responsible citizens are better,"
    Yeah at least until they shoot up a movie theater, concert venue, school or college campus, or their current/former place of employment".

Better than dangerous?

Also, that's the funny thing about criminals, tyrants, and terrorists. Up until the very second they commit a crime, they are law-abiding responsible citizens.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information