+ Reply to Thread
Page 861 of 893 FirstFirst ... 361 761 811 851 859 860 861 862 863 871 ... LastLast
Results 17,201 to 17,220 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I wasn't expecting that Rosa Parks should've taken a taxi post when i clicked on the link
    I'm confused on what you mean by this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    I'm confused on what you mean by this statement.
    It's probably about the link I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It's probably about the link I posted.
    Oh! Nevermind then, I thought it was mine. Thanks for fixing the misunderstanding!

Let it be known that the US Postal Service is in serious danger right now:
    https://actions.sumofus.org/a/save-t...true&source=fb

They’ve been in serious danger for about good while, Trump’s idiocy has simply made things worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Let it be known that the US Postal Service is in serious danger right now:
    https://actions.sumofus.org/a/save-t...true&source=fb
    I signed the petition... I love the post office, if we don't have it the whole country will crumble...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    They’ve been in serious danger for about good while, Trump’s idiocy has simply made things worse.
    I don't pay attention to news much, but what did he do to make it worse? :/

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post

I don't pay attention to news much, but what did he do to make it worse? :/
    Attacking them as if their issues are a creation of their own making, and wanting them to raise their prices for eventhough years earlier that did this as I recall with stamps and probably some other things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...virus.amp.html
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Attacking them as if their issues are a creation of their own making, and wanting them to raise their prices for eventhough years earlier that did this as I recall with stamps and probably some other things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...virus.amp.html
    I understand now. I looked through the article... it's kinda sad that some Republican leaders that defend the post office don't try to disagree with the president even... Just because you are in the same party does not mean you have to agree with everything that the rest of the party says.

Thank you for the information! From what I got from the article is that Trump just wants to make hell for the post office because of Amazon, etc. Bleh, maybe I should contact my senators and complain about this, wish there was more I could do.

Republicans wouldn’t be in any position to say anything against Trump pissing on the Postal Service due to the fact that their
    party is the reason the service is in it’s current position of needing a bailout in the first place.

Republicans wouldn’t be in any position to say anything against Trump pissing on the Postal Service due to the fact that their
    party is the reason the service is in it’s current position of needing a bailout in the first place.
    Oh, well shit. >~<

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Isn't their whole thing in this scenario to strangle funding for something they don't like then get on its case for failure to succeed?

Also isn't a federal postal service in the constitution? I've seen that mentioned other places where concern over the USPS's fate was brought up, but I haven't looked for myself so I don't know if that's actually true. Either way I had the impression that the government couldn't just abolish the post office.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

The postal service is hugely profitable, and mega efficient. Republicans 15 years ago saddled it with a condition that requires them to have SEVENTY FIVE YEARS of pensions in advance. Yes, even for the employees not born yet.

They want to break it so that the private industries can then charge whatever they want.

Because evil, I guess.

If they dropped that restriction it would be profitable in the billions overnight. It doesn't need new funding or a bailout, it just needs that extremely excessive anchor removed from around its neck and the problem could literally be fixed in an hour at zero cost.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Isn't their whole thing in this scenario to strangle funding for something they don't like then get on its case for failure to succeed?

Also isn't a federal postal service in the constitution? I've seen that mentioned other places where concern over the USPS's fate was brought up, but I haven't looked for myself so I don't know if that's actually true. Either way I had the impression that the government couldn't just abolish the post office.
    I believe the idea isn’t so much to kill the postal service but pass on some on their responsibilities to companies like UPS or Fed Ex which are privately owned.

I believe the idea isn’t so much to kill the postal service but pass on some on their responsibilities to companies like UPS or Fed Ex which are privately owned.
    Nope, the idea is absolutely to kill the postal service, and then pass on ALL the responsibilities to the privately owned companies. Who already charge 4-5x as much and could then charge whatever they want if there's no alternative.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Nope, the idea is absolutely to kill the postal service, and then pass on ALL the responsibilities to the privately owned companies. Who already charge 4-5x as much and could then charge whatever they want if there's no alternative.
    Seems like a pretty tedious idea being it’s been going on for years but then again we’re talking about the same group that’s tried for years to gut welfare programs and kill the ACA Whig have gone on for years.

Seems like a pretty tedious idea being it’s been going on for years
    Well yeah, they couldn't just come outright and kill it. Doing it this way means they get to pretend its an inefficient broken mess that can't be saved and act like its the post office's fault instead of being theirs. After all "it's been failing for years".

And now it's a month or two away from dying without action being taken, and McConnel has already said he's not doing anything and Trump has been pretty clear that he doesn't want to save it because that means people can vote against him.
    Last edited by Robby; June 2nd, 2020 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    and Trump has been pretty clear that he doesn't want to save it because that means people can vote against him.
    Well shit .

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

How does this fucker get away with everything? It's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Because the Republicans are complicit with him and agree with what he's doing.

We have dozens of checks and balances that should have stopped all this cold years ago. But the framers never considered the country dividing into an explicit two party system where one side just didn't care about laws as long as they were winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Well it helps he’s rich though we don’t really know how much he passes around to grease palms considering his well known
    stingy habits and then as Robby said you have a complicit party full of equally morally dubious people who are willing to him him insulation consequences be damned.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information