+ Reply to Thread
Page 795 of 892 FirstFirst ... 295 695 745 785 793 794 795 796 797 805 845 ... LastLast
Results 15,881 to 15,900 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #15881
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The key word there gupta is "again".
    The korean peninsula really has seen some shit this past century. From their long-standing dynasty failing to modernize just like the Qing could not, then being conquered by Japan and suffering cultural genocide and being treated little better then slaves, then having the country divided, and hell, South Korea was for some time also a improvised military dictatorship, only right-wing, before they finally managed to get their stuff together. And it looks like they'll never again get to be a unified country, and even if they do, the amount of time to modernize and re-conciliate with the north could take decades.

    Poor bastards.

  2. #15882

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    So apparently the guy who ran over and killed 10 people in Canada may not have been an Isis sympathizer but something much stupider

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/her...elliot-rodger/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  3. #15883
    Dandy BartArt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    p ↔ F(G(p)) p ↔ ~Bew(G(p))

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So apparently the guy who ran over and killed 10 people in Canada may not have been an Isis sympathizer but something much stupider

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/her...elliot-rodger/
    This can't be real, I don't want this to be real.

  4. #15884

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So apparently the guy who ran over and killed 10 people in Canada may not have been an Isis sympathizer but something much stupider

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/her...elliot-rodger/
    This is a sad situation regardless, but I only hope the surviving victims don't see this. It's one thing to be attacked, but it's another to be attacked for such a bad reason.

    We live in a world where lonely internet misogynists are killing people now. I didn't even know these existed before this.

  5. #15885

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Well...It's not really that new of a thing for undateable guys to take out their frustrations against the masses.

  6. #15886

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    We live in a world where lonely internet misogynists are killing people now. I didn't even know these existed before this.
    Wasn't there a mass shooting by one of those MRA morons a few years ago?
    Complicating things since 2009.

  7. #15887
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    We live in a world where lonely internet misogynists are killing people now. I didn't even know these existed before this.
    Then you probably didn't know, before reading that article, that one of the titles they use, "Incels", is short for Involuntary Celibacy.

    About says it all, really.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  8. #15888

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    This is a sad situation regardless, but I only hope the surviving victims don't see this. It's one thing to be attacked, but it's another to be attacked for such a bad reason.

    We live in a world where lonely internet misogynists are killing people now. I didn't even know these existed before this.
    Sure you did, why is everyone surprised?
    It's the exact same internet circles that birthed Elliot Rodgers.

  9. #15889

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    So that crazy california guy who shot men for "stealing" the women that were supposed to be his has become a revered figure who people seek to emulate. Jesus christ what a turn out, people literally saw what he did and thought that it was a good thing, something that they can aspire to. And of course the internet being the internet there are plenty of people to egg on and goad people on in doing so because they find it funny.

  10. #15890

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Well...It's not really that new of a thing for undateable guys to take out their frustrations against the masses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Sure you did, why is everyone surprised?
    It's the exact same internet circles that birthed Elliot Rodgers.
    Points taken, but I personally just never took them seriously before now. I just see little snippets of them internet jackasses make a sexism comment here and there and ignore them. I've never even heard of Elliot Rogers.

    Yet, in hindsight, I guess the previous set of mass murders were a lot like these guys weren't they? It makes me think we might be looking at this whole thing the wrong way.
    Last edited by onemoment; April 25th, 2018 at 12:25 PM.

  11. #15891
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    I hadn't heard of Elliot Rodgers myself until a podcast I listen to, The Last Podcast on the Left, did an episode about manifestos, which started with Rodgers and, in their spectrum of Crazy, "Reasonable", and Pathetic, was placed firmly in Pathetic.

    The episode offers a very general rundown of Rodgers and a huge helping of mockery directed at him for anyone interested.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  12. #15892

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Yet, in hindsight, I guess the previous set of mass murders were a lot like these guys weren't they? It makes me think we might be looking at this whole thing the wrong way.
    I'd say there is some truth to this.
    The people like the Columbine shooters weren't exactly so far off, because I think even if these dudes have a particular focus on being virgins and hating women?
    I think at the end of the day they are mainly defined by social isolation.
    It's not really the sex they're obsessed with, it's their perception that they are not fully functioning adults, that they're missing out on life, and of course look like total losers for doing so.

    And hey, let's be honest here since this is a nerd forum.
    Most of us, male or female, know what that feels like.
    Lots of people do.

    But this particular group of dudes... they take that unhappy place and instead of sitting down and looking at themselves and wondering what the issue might be... they take the approach of seeing WHO IS TO BLAME. And then in comes the sexism and what have you. And they feed off each-other in their little echo chambers endlessly, so it gets more and more extreme.
    Frankly though dude, the level of sexism they're capable of is way worse than what I'm guessing you've seen. Of course you'd have to see them in their forums to get how bad they get.
    It's WAY worse than "Girls are all sluts who hate me!". Like Nazis with Jews type worse.

  13. #15893

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    lol hell no



    Bud I'm getting this feeling like you really don't know anything about NK, and to have this debate I'd have to build you up.
    Go read up on it, watch some creepy documentaries."economy is not that great" is barely even scratching the surface of how fucked up that place is.
    That may be the case, but i will still stick to the theory that a heavy authoritarian state like N Korea cannot afford to pick a fight with US, S Korea. Esp when there's no guarantee of support from China or Russia
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

  14. #15894

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Seems both this guy and Rodgers had gone into the pick up artist scene and failed pretty hard at it. And man what a disturbing enviroment that seems to be. Toxic doesn't even begin to describe it. Going in whole sale for the whole terminology and the women are whores and here's how to abuse them into sex attitude and then failing even at that oh so "scientific" way of making women like you can't do much good for the mentality of someone who is already very socially akward and struggling.

  15. #15895

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Seems both this guy and Rodgers had gone into the pick up artist scene and failed pretty hard at it. And man what a disturbing enviroment that seems to be. Toxic doesn't even begin to describe it. Going in whole sale for the whole terminology and the women are whores and here's how to abuse them into sex attitude and then failing even at that oh so "scientific" way of making women like you can't do much good for the mentality of someone who is already very socially akward and struggling.
    These guys need to learn to relax and interact with people. Period.
    I can assure you they have few to no male friends, let alone female. They don't know how to socialize at all.
    And the few pickup artist stuff that isn't garbage only works if you're charismatic and charming, not if you can barely stutter out hello.

  16. #15896
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Good fucking grief. At least someone could say a crazy Islamic extremist believes in something. Killing people because a girl won't touch your tiny pecker is a new low.

  17. #15897

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Let's be honest here. Even the Isis nitwits are doing mass-shootings because they can't get laid. Just have a look at the face of those who committed the Paris attacks.
    And for those who look okay, they usually just don't know how to speak.

    Young men are violent because they're sexually frustrated. This is known. Like, there are historians who studied that shit. (it's one of the reasons, not THE reason)
    Anyway, this problem will be fixed in a century or so, when science people will change everyone's DNA turning everyone into gorgeous looking people. Most of humanity's problems will be fixed by then. Sexual frustration will stop existing. And they will all look back at us in history books as if if we were cave men.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

  18. #15898

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    When everyone is super, no one is.

    Also, there is a thing called "personality", that while these theorical adonis and afroditae would have to compete with other adonis and afroditae with an actual sense of humor, generating a generation that hates comedians.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  19. #15899

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Let's be honest here. Even the Isis nitwits are doing mass-shootings because they can't get laid. Just have a look at the face of those who committed the Paris attacks.
    And for those who look okay, they usually just don't know how to speak.

    Young men are violent because they're sexually frustrated. This is known. Like, there are historians who studied that shit. (it's one of the reasons, not THE reason)
    Anyway, this problem will be fixed in a century or so, when science people will change everyone's DNA turning everyone into gorgeous looking people. Most of humanity's problems will be fixed by then. Sexual frustration will stop existing. And they will all look back at us in history books as if if we were cave men.
    Lots of these guys are perfectly normal looking, and a bunch are even attractive (they post their pictures all the time). Elliot Rodger was even a good looking dude.
    Meanwhile shitloads of ugly people get laid, married and so on.

    The outside is irrelevant if the inside is deeply stunted and in turmoil all the time.
    And the other constant is that the good looking and normal looking ones essentially have male body dysmorphia, like REAL bad.

    Again I don't think it's sexual frustration specifically, but a sense of status and feelings of irrelevance that drive these people. ISIS recruits (the ones that headed to Syria) tended to be from poor or otherwise dead end backgrounds, and saw a chance for success and glory in ISIS.

  20. #15900

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    When everyone is super, no one is.

    Also, there is a thing called "personality", that while these theorical adonis and afroditae would have to compete with other adonis and afroditae with an actual sense of humor, generating a generation that hates comedians.
    When everyone is beautiful, everyone is beautiful. This isn't one of these times when "diversity" has to prime.

    You might argue that as a spectator of the human race, you see humans as very diverse people with different characteristics. But in the end literally everyone wants to be beautiful. And no, it doesn't mean that everyone look at themselves in the mirror every day. But if every single person had the choice to start back their life with the best looking appearance they could imagine, they would just go for it.
    And yeah, there is personality, but the DNA thing would still fix most issues (including diseases and genetic diseases--- also eventually things related to being "smart")
    Just imagine a world where everyone is so perfect that children can't even be mean at each other.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts