+ Reply to Thread
Page 780 of 782 FirstFirst ... 280 680 730 770 778 779 780 781 782 LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 15635

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I already said why I brought up this video. And yes it is a random news, it has been debated here and there, and even hit the French news.Being anti-political correctness doesn't mean being in anyway a conservative or whatever else on the right. But it's not even the reason why I brought this up (again!).I'm all about changing words and all. For instance, I think what the Swedish church does by using gender neutral terms to refer to God is a good thing. And thegab wasn't even referring to the video
    It's NOT news, it's a random joke picking some fun about a random religious dimwit who showed up at some event and tried to make a STUPID point about some random religious charity...

Then you have right wing media overinflating what is basicly nothing while trying to discredit the PM (if only a tiny bit)...

AND, I'd say that complaining about CHANGING WORDS (conserve the old ones if you will) for "reasons" IS "conservatist"... not that I think Trudeau was trying to coin a new word nefariously by saying it in the flow of a conversation (he did't go to the Webster dictionnary or anything, he just said it, once).

At worst, it was a brain fart...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparsebeard View Post
    It's NOT news, it's a random joke picking some fun about a random religious dimwit who showed up at some event and tried to make a STUPID point about some random religious charity...
    Are we having a philosophical conversation about what a news is ? Does it even matter ?Because there have been far worst random news on this thread than this.And if there are articles about it, or the media talks about it--- it is a news ! Wether or not it's a dumbshit thing.I think I'm just gonna copy/pasta my post because people have probably missed why I'd posted this video in the first place
    The video shows why Trudeau is somewhat popular. Despite his incompetence on many layers, he has a liberal rhetoric
    AND, I'd say that complaining about CHANGING WORDS (conserve the old ones if you will) for "reasons" IS "conservatist"...
    Not really, just look at how the French language dropped the rule of proximity (règle de proximité) during the 18th century. And no one is complaining about changing words anyway (I don't why you're telling me to "conserve the old ones" if I want... ---I really don't care) .

Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar

Are we having a philosophical conversation about what a news is ? Does it even matter ?Because there have been far worst random news on this thread than this.And if there are articles about it, or the media talks about it--- it is a news ! Wether or not it's a dumbshit thing.I think I'm just gonna copy/pasta my post because people have probably missed why I'd posted this video in the first placeNot really, just look at how the French language dropped the rule of proximity (règle de proximité) during the 18th century. And no one is complaining about changing words anyway (I don't why you're telling me to "conserve the old ones" if I want... ---I really don't care) .
    Sorry, I misread your other post as the reason for posting the video being about changing words when you litteraly said the opposite.

Still, why the hell would you repost such an insignificant video anyway if it wasn't somehow about criticising political correctness or whatever.

Anyway, my main point is that just reposting the video without context seems like a baseless (if feeble) attack on the PM...

The Swedish church does what now? I must not have been paying attention back home

Quote Originally Posted by Sparsebeard View Post
    Still, why the hell would you repost such an insignificant video anyway if it wasn't somehow about criticising political correctness or whatever.

Anyway, my main point is that just reposting the video without context seems like a baseless (if feeble) attack on the PM...
    I explained why I'd posted it when I saw your reaction. I actually did not expect people to jump on me for that.
    It didn't stop thegab from man-babying at me though. Probably because he hates me too much and he couldn't take that I told him he was saying something inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The Swedish church does what now? I must not have been paying attention back home
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a8129736.html

Well I said "does" because I didn't know if they had started doing it yet, but it seems it's gonna start in may. The Swedish Church (or Swedish Lutheran church ? not sure) will start using gender neutral terms to refer to God. And sometimes they will use feminine terms to refer to God, but they will also keep using masculine terms.

A Danish friend told me Sweden had a big problem with political correctness, and that's why he loved The Square (last Palme d'Or, movie is about political correctness and more precisely in Sweden), but I don't think that referring to God with neutral, feminine and masculine terms is being politically correct. Of course, I doubt that this would have been possible 80years ago, but biblically speaking it's just more faithful to do so.
    Last edited by Nilitch; February 10th, 2018 at 03:12 AM.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a8129736.html

Well I said "does" because I didn't know if they had started doing it yet, but it seems it's gonna start in may. The Swedish Church (or Swedish Lutheran church ? not sure) will start using gender neutral terms to refer to God. And sometimes they will use feminine terms to refer to God, but they will also keep using masculine terms.

A Danish friend told me Sweden had a big problem with political correctness, and that's why he loved The Square (last Palme d'Or, movie is about political correctness and more precisely in Sweden), but I don't think that referring to God with neutral, feminine and masculine terms is being politically correct. Of course, I doubt that this would have been possible 80years ago, but biblically speaking it's just more faithful to do so.
    Man those Brits in the comments section are pissed off. Honestly i would've thought that it was a complete none issue. But apparently people feel strongly about it. But eh it's not like Swedes give a damn about the church either way. Unless it's a funeral or a wedding the average Swede wouldn't be caught near a church. It's more of a social services hub than a religious organization to the general public. Like help people by all means, but try to limit that god business to a minimum.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

So, whatever happened with the net neutrality thing?

The women snowboarders weren't too happy about their Olympic event last night. And I don't blame the snowboarders, since that was really bad conditions from just watching the event last night and it should've been delayed.

https://deadspin.com/snowboarders-bl...hit-1822923915

Woman was found with that worm that infects the inisde of cattle's eyes.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8207751.html
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

*Whole-body convulses*

Pardon my language, but that shit is nasty.

That sounds pretty tame compared to what some other parasites can do and will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Shooting at Stoneman Douglas HS in Parkland, FL today. The single shooter is in custody, but there's still no word on the number of fatalities.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Shooting at Stoneman Douglas HS in Parkland, FL today. The single shooter is in custody, but there's still no word on the number of fatalities.
    15 dead apparently.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Oh goodie, another shooting. Alright everyone, you know what to do.

Republicans: Label the shooter as a terrorist or a lone mad dog, depending on their race
    Democrats: Make empty promise that we for sure are gonna do something about gun control this time
    Everyone else: Forget about this in two weeks and act as if everything is normal

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

America: Home to two St. Valentine's Day massacres

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Seriously though...why does this just keep happening, over and over again, with no suggestions for improvement or action or anything? It just hurts so much for this to keep repeating to the point where its not even surprising? I don't get it... :(

Republicans are willing to murder kids as long as it means getting a sweet paycheck from the NRA. That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

America: Home to two St. Valentine's Day massacres
    Nearly three in light of what apparently happened at Fort Meade.

We've learned nothing from Sandy Hook. Unbelievable.

17 people (mostly students) gone for nothing.
    Working process.

But how could this change ?

And wow, the killer is younger than me. Makes me feel weird

Honestly I'm just surprised they got him alive, for once they don't get the easy way out.

Although it seemed like this guy had no intention of dying.
    Working process.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information