+ Reply to Thread
Page 771 of 771 FirstFirst ... 271 671 721 761 769 770 771
Results 15,401 to 15,413 of 15413

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

I'm not sure if the 'reason' is still the same but a couple of months ago OJ was getting bogus copyright hassles from members saying Gday on their introduction threads. You see there's a Korean Webtoon called Gday and the publishers of that webtoon hired the services of a German copyright law firm called Comeso who did a keyword search that found OJ somehow guilty of copyright infringement because of said introduction threads. Comeso is guilty of perjury at the least, there's is no way that a common Australian greeting, used countless times is somehow a crime that can get your forum shut down.

Not sure if that is what is happening this time but that was the situation as I understood it last. Check Facebook for more information

Quote Originally Posted by oddoddfruit View Post
    I'm not sure if the 'reason' is still the same but a couple of months ago OJ was getting bogus copyright hassles from members saying Gday on their introduction threads. You see there's a Korean Webtoon called Gday and the publishers of that webtoon hired the services of a German copyright law firm called Comeso who did a keyword search that found OJ somehow guilty of copyright infringement because of said introduction threads. Comeso is guilty of perjury at the least, there's is no way that a common Australian greeting, used countless times is somehow a crime that can get your forum shut down.

Not sure if that is what is happening this time but that was the situation as I understood it last. Check Facebook for more information
    That would be so bogus to get sued over, my god. Utterly ridiculous.

Hold on. Korean webtoon studio asks aid to a German law firm to shut down a American website because of a 4 letter word?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Guys be nice to the OJ people, you're supposed to be pro-immigration that should apply online too... unless you're willing to admit that you're not okay with immigrants who don't share the values and beliefs of your society #NotsodifferentAfterall #Xenophobia #RefugeeCrisis
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Guys be nice to the OJ people, you're supposed to be pro-immigration that should apply online too... unless you're willing to admit that you're not okay with immigrants who don't share the values and beliefs of your society #NotsodifferentAfterall #Xenophobia #RefugeeCrisis
    I get that the ninja emoji implies smug glibness, but comparing irl refugees who lose everything, get displaced, and sometimes die, to people who can't use a forum anymore, in service of a "take that, libruls!" jab, is disgusting.

Anyway yeah, back to business here, please. OJ stuff does not constitute "random news articles."

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I heard that the order to switch the consulate(I think) from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem was given in 1995, but neither Clinton, Bush or Obam would actually do it for obvious reasons.
    Then Trump happened, and human lives are at terrible risk over there. Wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Hold on. Korean webtoon studio asks aid to a German law firm to shut down a American website because of a 4 letter word?
    Because its a Australian 4 letter word used to greet others. They must be bigots it seems.
    ... or afraid of shortened greetings.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I get that the ninja emoji implies smug glibness, but comparing irl refugees who lose everything, get displaced, and sometimes die, to people who can't use a forum anymore, in service of a "take that, libruls!" jab, is disgusting.

Anyway yeah, back to business here, please. OJ stuff does not constitute "random news articles."
    My bad, poor attempt at dark humour, the joke was supposed to relate to the fact that Oro Jackson is a boat and it's sunk and they're displaced now... but yeah, uh, looking at it like you've just put it it's not as funny as it sounded in my head, my bad.

Apologies.
    Last edited by AfroSamurai; December 11th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

I just want to let you know that you guys are great and OJ people are able to take a joke. I'm mainly concerned that this forum gets taken down next, these shady lawyers don't even need a reason

The 'out of context' thread is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen
    Last edited by oddoddfruit; December 11th, 2017 at 11:39 AM. Reason: AP is cool

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oddoddfruit View Post

Because when you think the outback and Crocodile Dundee, you think South Korea.

Alright, enough of the Orange Juice talk, welcome welcome, and back to what we're here for: Random News Articles.

Well here's one random (and stupid) story

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/wat...l-a-terrorist/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Flag worshipers everywhere

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information