+ Reply to Thread
Page 770 of 893 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 760 768 769 770 771 772 780 820 870 ... LastLast
Results 15,381 to 15,400 of 17849

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Yeah it is a bad thing, Oro Jackson and all of its members got screwed over. OJ got bullied into this

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oro Jackson have made a post on Facebook concerning the matter

This sucks... Especially during the holiday season when you've got so much time on your hands to chill.

See ya till OJ set sail again, gotta break from forums activity for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobee129 View Post
    This sucks... Especially during the holiday season when you've got so much time on your hands to chill.
    It's pretty harsh treatment for them
    Quote Originally Posted by mad monk View Post
    See ya till OJ set sail again, gotta break from forums activity for now.
    Yeah man hopefully things get better for them, see ya there

Is there any other active OP forum besides OJ & AP? All others I know/knew have shut down or died down...

i couldn't tell you mate, I'm hoping some OJ members drop in and say hello

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gobee129 View Post
    Is there any other active OP forum besides OJ & AP? All others I know/knew have shut down or died down...
    Don't know about dedicated forums but the One Piece thread on TV Tropes' forums stays active.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Bring a Big News for ya ,Everyone is on OJ group in Facebook mate, you should visit us. Half cut pirates need their captain :kappa

Top 3 anime plot-twist : Jawbei's actual name is EvenEvenVegetable. It's me your arch nemesis

Lot of new posts itt, did a war break out? Was there a major scientific discovery? Did a revolution occur?

Or maybe a website shut down...

Their website has been shut down because of insane copy right issues. I mean, I don't even understand how/why it happened.
    The admin tried to "fight" this------ and it seems like it didn't end well

We need to build a firewall before all the bad theorists start migrating here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    We need to build a firewall before all the bad theorists start migrating here.
    They're not sending their best posters. They're sending "Marines are the Final Boss" people, they're sending "Akainu is actually correct" people.

I never been on Oro Jackson. Are...um...nice? I'm not hearing good things here.

Also, are we getting a rush of migrants? I'm seeing many people say bad things about a wave of new people coming to this place with regret, and I can't help but feel it's topical and coincidental.

Arlong Park should build a wall.

Edit: Kaiolino beat me to it by like an hour. I think.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

How are we going to build a firewall and make Oro Jackson pay for it if they spend all of their money on attorneys?

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

We don’t have to be mean, peeps :P if AP suddenly shut down I’d be pretty bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by oddoddfruit View Post
    It's been taken down by fraudulent copyright claims, nobody was banned

Has Arlong Park had any dealings with false copyright claims recently?
    I’d suggest making an intro thread so maybe you can reconnect with others who register around now.

Edit: My bad, you already did. After now though, you can take full conversations with others to visitor messages as well. You can also use the “How was your day” thread as a general chat.
    Hidden:

I never visited OJ forums. Are we rivals or something? I'd hate for them to come here and see us acting like a bunch of elitist assholes, especially over something unfortunate like this. We're all fellow fans after all.

Is there any specifics on why they are in copy right trouble? Scanlations or something?

I'm not sure if the 'reason' is still the same but a couple of months ago OJ was getting bogus copyright hassles from members saying Gday on their introduction threads. You see there's a Korean Webtoon called Gday and the publishers of that webtoon hired the services of a German copyright law firm called Comeso who did a keyword search that found OJ somehow guilty of copyright infringement because of said introduction threads. Comeso is guilty of perjury at the least, there's is no way that a common Australian greeting, used countless times is somehow a crime that can get your forum shut down.

Not sure if that is what is happening this time but that was the situation as I understood it last. Check Facebook for more information

Quote Originally Posted by oddoddfruit View Post
    I'm not sure if the 'reason' is still the same but a couple of months ago OJ was getting bogus copyright hassles from members saying Gday on their introduction threads. You see there's a Korean Webtoon called Gday and the publishers of that webtoon hired the services of a German copyright law firm called Comeso who did a keyword search that found OJ somehow guilty of copyright infringement because of said introduction threads. Comeso is guilty of perjury at the least, there's is no way that a common Australian greeting, used countless times is somehow a crime that can get your forum shut down.

Not sure if that is what is happening this time but that was the situation as I understood it last. Check Facebook for more information
    That would be so bogus to get sued over, my god. Utterly ridiculous.

Hold on. Korean webtoon studio asks aid to a German law firm to shut down a American website because of a 4 letter word?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information