+ Reply to Thread
Page 768 of 853 FirstFirst ... 268 668 718 758 766 767 768 769 770 778 818 ... LastLast
Results 15,341 to 15,360 of 17057

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

The thing I've noticed about Dog people is the degree in which they hate cats. I have a cousin who is in a relationship with this anti-vaxxer (which includes getting her dog shots) that during Thanksgiving just would not stop about getting my cat declawed. And it's not like my cat scratched her, Micheloa was just popping out of hiding to see what was going on, hanging out and then popping back in to hiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I'm a cactus person, but if I'd have to choose, it would depend on my current living conditions, big house -> dog, apartment -> cat, so Cat.

Not getting a cat in an open environment, that is disrespectful to the neighbors as they are way too free, and between having a small demanding dog in an apartment or an independent cat, the choice is clear.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    That's... that's not the same as Catalonia or Wales. Do you... do you not see what the issue with these two regions you've singled out is.. (hint hint they speak their COUNTRY's language and their original language is barely taught as a second language)
    So there are some first language Welsh speakers in parts of Wales, and in theory you're supposed to be able to get by in Wales with just Welsh (e.g. all road signs in Wales have both English and Welsh, government services in England & Wales are available in both languages too, ...) but I don't think this is actually possible in most places... Maybe if you live in a tiny Welsh-speaking village and never leave ... :p Although I don't know if I believe in this idea that you *should* be able to get by with your regional language, but anyway...

I don't really know anything about the situation with Quebec but from this point of view it seems reasonable to be anxious about language preservation, no ?

whoops wrong topic
    Last edited by Kaiolino; December 2nd, 2017 at 06:19 AM.

Lump of Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    it's an intelligence/cleverness thing
    dogs can be taught way more things than cats and generally pretty good at learning stuff
    but cats are independent enough that they just sorta work stuff out on their own
    Oh, I see. I do like dogs too, but I like the big, furry ones. Though to be honest, I love cats more XD

Also, I feel like dogs follow you blindly, while cats seem to not to do that. That questions the intelligence thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Cats are haughty and arrogant, dogs are wise and friendly. It is known
    Ah o:

I never saw cats as arrogant though 0.0

I do agree that most dogs are friendly... but some dogs are like >.<

I think it all depends on how the animal was taken care of, more towards dogs; as cats seem to be more free in a sense.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    The thing I've noticed about Dog people is the degree in which they hate cats. I have a cousin who is in a relationship with this anti-vaxxer (which includes getting her dog shots) that during Thanksgiving just would not stop about getting my cat declawed. And it's not like my cat scratched her, Micheloa was just popping out of hiding to see what was going on, hanging out and then popping back in to hiding.
    You should tell them that declawing a cat is actually bad for them, as it is equivalent to cutting off a piece of a human's finger.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I'm a cactus person, but if I'd have to choose, it would depend on my current living conditions, big house -> dog, apartment -> cat, so Cat.

Not getting a cat in an open environment, that is disrespectful to the neighbors as they are way too free, and between having a small demanding dog in an apartment or an independent cat, the choice is clear.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, I would have no problem having a dog if I had a big place, more specifically, a big yard, so the animal can be outside... and I don't have to worry about um... the potty training thing. (I'm not good with that kind of stuff >.<)

Well, my last cat, she was a part-outside kitty, she always came home; and I never had problems with the neighbors. Though I think she liked the open fields of Missouri compared to the big city XD

(Also, I had to give her away... since I could not keep her T.T)

I don't get people even being annoying by the average cat. They keep to themselves, and catbox aside they don't stink up the joint when they come into the living room.

Cat haters are weird dweebs.

Man with an arrogant cat as his avatar has trouble seeing why some people don't like cats

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Cats all the way. I don't care how big their brain is... they're smarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

While I am a dog person, the problem for me is it seems like both cat and dog owners around me are terrible owners. Cat owners have a bad habit of letting them prowl around the neighborhood and they keep coming into my backyard, and dog owners don't take responsibility of walking them and doing general care for them, and now helping deliver packages they don't keep a close eye on them and I've had a few almost try to bite me.

As for cats in general, while I will joke about them, at worst I just don't care about them and at best I acknowledge their existence. My main problem is just how allergic I am to them. After being at a friends place for a day where two cats lived, the next bunch of days I was feeling miserable.

My Dad's allergic, which was literally the only obstable that stopped us from getting a cat.
    I do seem to have a knack for befriending them though, probably because I always respect their need for personal space.

When I visited my Great Aunt in Connecticut, she warned me that her two cats (Martha & Bess) hated men for some reason,
    and that they were prone to hissing and scratching at any guys who got too close.

I ignored them, sat on the couch and minded my own business, casually talking to the family.
    Eventually, Martha (the eldest) jumped onto the sofa beside me and lay there grooming for a while before lying still.
    My Aunt was completely shocked, since the cats never usually get so close and comfortable around strangers.
    I said "Well, if I want to show them I'm not a threat then how would chasing them around do me any favors?"
    That little bit of respect and patience can go a long way. Later that night they were walking all over me while I was in bed and giving me a good sniff lol

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

That's because cats enjoy being desired and act like they don't give a shit at the same time
    You probably hurt their feelings lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Man with an arrogant cat as his avatar has trouble seeing why some people don't like cats
    Oh no that animal is judging me, silently, from a chair in the next room, and is probably actually thinking about dangling shiny objects anyway.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    My Dad's allergic, which was literally the only obstable that stopped us from getting a cat.
    I do seem to have a knack for befriending them though, probably because I always respect their need for personal space.

When I visited my Great Aunt in Connecticut, she warned me that her two cats (Martha & Bess) hated men for some reason,
    and that they were prone to hissing and scratching at any guys who got too close.

I ignored them, sat on the couch and minded my own business, casually talking to the family.
    Eventually, Martha (the eldest) jumped onto the sofa beside me and lay there grooming for a while before lying still.
    My Aunt was completely shocked, since the cats never usually get so close and comfortable around strangers.
    I said "Well, if I want to show them I'm not a threat then how would chasing them around do me any favors?"
    That little bit of respect and patience can go a long way. Later that night they were walking all over me while I was in bed and giving me a good sniff lol
    You just have to know how to handle cats, which isn't complicated but some people make it that way.
    They're flighy jumpy squirrely things at the end of the day, so they're hyper aware of tension in the air or body of anyone approaching them.
    Like really this is true of tons of animals, some dogs too, they sense (and easily overreact) to tension.

If you approach a cat and start interacting with it with hesitation. Cat probably won't be thrilled.
    If you go in confidently and casually, you can tame pretty much any house cat (results will vary widely for outdoor ones on the prowl, to say nothing of strays).
    Part of it is reading the cat is all, again just like any animals.
    Like some are moodier, then you don't scoop it up like an idiot. Stroke the ears a bit or something.
    Some aren't, scoop away.

Maybe all the dudes your aunt has in her house with the cats at any time are awkward and cat-nervous. You aren't, so no issue.

I like both, but, let's be honest here, cats and dogs are both idiots. Corvids are where it's at.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

The only true best friend humanity has is fish.

Never had a cat, but I'm probably more of a cat person. Am I right in saying that cats are more for introverts and dogs are for extroverts? Dogs are alright. I had two but I've never been super attached to them and seeing people who are always kind of weirds me out, no offense to anyone who is. I just came from a culture where I was used to seeing dogs live outside or mostly be guard dogs, so I was just surprised at how much of a sacred cow they are in America.

I would like cats more if they licked our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I would like cats more if they licked our faces.
    Some will do that.

My cat licked my hand. Once.

Oh, there's nothing against cats at all, I'm just that much more in love with dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by elzhi View Post
    Never had a cat, but I'm probably more of a cat person. Am I right in saying that cats are more for introverts and dogs are for extroverts? Dogs are alright. I had two but I've never been super attached to them and seeing people who are always kind of weirds me out, no offense to anyone who is. I just came from a culture where I was used to seeing dogs live outside or mostly be guard dogs, so I was just surprised at how much of a sacred cow they are in America.
    I'm an introvert, but more of a dog person. Not until I got my own dog though. I think for me it has more to do with size.

And dog eyes just seem kinder, while cat eyes look like there's some sort of middle-of-the-night-gonna-murder-you plan going on behind them lol

All jokes aside I've met both cuddly cats and cuddly dogs

My cat is trained to lick instead of bite if she isn't too keen on being touched.

My other cat is gentle enough and only tries to bite my feel if I have thick socks on. Which is nice.

I find cats easier to deal with. Although both of mine are needy for attention. Following me from room to room and needing to sleep with me most of the night.

I think Dogs just seem easier to train because they seem to care about praise. Cats don't seem to give a shit lol. If I had a yard I would have considered a dog. I found for the size of dog I like an apartment won't do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information