+ Reply to Thread
Page 761 of 893 FirstFirst ... 261 661 711 751 759 760 761 762 763 771 811 861 ... LastLast
Results 15,201 to 15,220 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Apparently his scumbag manager Dave Becky (who tried to silence people) also represents Kevin Hart, Aziz Ansari and other bigshots. It'll be telling, how fast they drop his ass...or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Louis C.K. is the next to get caught for sexual misconduct.

This one has been rumoured for a while.
    Oh shit, not him too

At this point I half expect Jon Stewart to end on the chopping block.

Some of Stewart's dirty laundry is already out there. Wyatt Cenac, in particular, talked about how he was a tyrant when he ran The Daily Show and was less than receptive of minority/dissenting opinions, which kind of shatters the cuddly lovable schmendrick image.

But yeah hopefully no sex stuff :(

Wasn't he accused of being a bit racist at times?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    Oh shit, not him too
    I know, I was shocked reading the accusations.

And part of the result is that HBO said he's out from Night of Too Many Stars (or whatever it's called), right? I'm in the subway today, I see the ad for it and one of the stars was his name!......although some person had crossed it out.

The story as I recall was that he like anyone, slipped up and was tone deaf on occasion.
    The problem was that when he got called on it (by Wyatt), instead of apologizing and realizing what he'd done, he blew up about it. Like "HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF ALL PEOPLE OF SUCH THINGS".

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    And it all started with Weinstein. Let's see who else falls into the 'he's been a rapist all along but we just get to call him out after several decades'
    yeh, who's next ? The president ? ohh wait...

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

George, noooo :/
    Really hope he comes forward and acknowledges his wrongdoings here

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

I wonder what comes through people's minds to masturbate in front of somebody... I mean, what kind of people does that ? It's more shameful than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I know, I was shocked reading the accusations.

And part of the result is that HBO said he's out from Night of Too Many Stars (or whatever it's called), right? I'm in the subway today, I see the ad for it and one of the stars was his name!......although some person had crossed it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I wonder what comes through people's minds to masturbate in front of somebody... I mean, what kind of people does that ? It's more shameful than anything else.
    This puts his stand-up jokes in a whole new perspective though....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    George, noooo :/
    Really hope he comes forward and acknowledges his wrongdoings here
    yeah :/

(at least louie just did)

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    This puts his stand-up jokes in a whole new perspective though....
    Shiiiit

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...dependence-day

I'm starting to get a better idea of how the Law & Justice Party got elected.

What happened was, he asked the talent offices to send him writers. And they sent him white male writers. And so the room ended up staffed with white guys. Not because they were the most talented available or because Stewart asked for that specifically, that was just the default. And neither he or the talent office gave it any thought to say "oh, and try to include some women and black people". He just never thought about it to specifically ask for variety. (And this happens on basically every single comedy show.)

Given the long track record the daily show had for the on-camera talent being pretty diverse, it really doesn't seem like he was *trying* to discriminate and leave out blacks or women or anything, just... he didn't think about it.

Wyatt Cenac got publicly pissy about it though and called him out on it and being the only black guy in the writer's room. Cenac being himself though, I imagine it wasn't brought up in the most tactful way and it lead to a shouting match. Now, if Larry Willmore AND Jessica Williams AND Hasan Hinjah and Aasif Mandvi and Samantha Bee and whoever else all came out and called him a racist or a sexist, that'd be something. But as far as I know it was mostly just Cenac that had a problem with him

(Willmore was on the show about once a week for 10 years before getting his own show, and has never expressed racist complaints about Stewart. Cenac was on the show as a writer for about 3.)

Now this one is tough, because you want to believe people who say they’ve been assaulted, because there's so much shaming and embarassment involved and it takes a lot for someone to come forward, even after decades, and there's a reason people do it so rarely. Its actually pretty rare for someone to make a false accusation about such things because it's a rough process to go through.

But you also know a there’s a small percentage of people who make it up for attention, money, revenge, etc. Especially on the heels of a storm of such stories happening all over the place and you think its more likely to be believed. That’s why I usually reserve judgement until more accusers come forward. Because predators tend to be serial offenders.

Nobody's perfect, but there's a difference between a pattern of bullying and abuse and hitting on a guy you think might be into you--if it even happened at all.

And its just hard to believe of Takei for a bunch of reasons. But I had a similar reaction when the news about Cosby came out (somewhere in this archive, maybe in this very thread) and it was just impossible to believe and I had a super negative reaction to the impossibility of it. But once you get multiple victims coming forward, yeah, you're guilty.
    Last edited by Robby; November 12th, 2017 at 08:32 AM.

Worth noting that Trump's "when you're famous they let you do it" was one of the most honest things he ever said, at least in terms of a system that let folk get away with it.

Which, combined with Weinstein, seems to give some evidence for the idea that the best aspect of recent events is that sketchy human behavior being put under the nation's biggest spotlight is really starting to generate a legitimate backlash. White-collar crime, sexual violence, etc...all coming out in the open.

Still, my list of famous people who could be accused of this behavior and it surprise me is very, very small.

I don't know why i found it so strange that he'd ask them beforehand if it's cool that he whips it out.

Doesn't make it any less creepy, but certainly makes it stranger.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I don't know why i found it so strange that he'd ask them beforehand if it's cool that he whips it out.

Doesn't make it any less creepy, but certainly makes it stranger.
    Well, if it's any explanation, asking and receiving consent, if not backed by a threat (no duress), would make it perfectly legal. No matter how disparate the influence, power, ect between the two parties, if there's consent there's little the law can do to punish the behaviour.

Also, he probably just has a really flawed understanding of sexual dynamics and flirting, probably figured it would be 'alright', 'polite', or even 'normal sexual behaviour' if he just asked beforehand. Clearly that's not the case, but it could serve as an explanation to his weird creepy behaviour.

There was a deadly earthquake at Iran Iraq border https://youtu.be/goP4Z5wyOlM

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information