+ Reply to Thread
Page 753 of 892 FirstFirst ... 253 653 703 743 751 752 753 754 755 763 803 853 ... LastLast
Results 15,041 to 15,060 of 17836

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

The crazy shia-pope theocratic dictator who believes in mischievous Djinn irl was once the more absurd world leader.
    And he is in fact not.

I bet he is enjoying trumps presidency trump is everything Iranian hardliners wanted an American president look like

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also did you know trump called Persian gulf Arabian gulf in the speech about iran
    That is the best way to trigger all Iranians

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

I really do not understand Rajoy. What a way to create a real mess. What a way to go into the history books man.

I'm not pessimistic in nature but I don't see this turning out well , not for Spain , not for Europe.
    In reality it's not far fetched to see the European nation states implode into it's regions. Europe of the regions it will become.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

a provision that allows the central government to suspend the autonomy of the Catalan regional administration.
    Oops, revolution is going backwards there. If I read correctly, so long the local president or local congress don't formally declare independence, things would go violently smooth for the central government.

I just can't believe how many celebrities that are supposed to be against 'rape-culture' knew about Weinstein and said nothing for so long -_-
    Last edited by Monquito; October 20th, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womeninth...weinstein/amp/

I knew that Italy was a bad case, but geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post

Western Japan strikes again.

Many sides

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/3-m...at-protestors/

Well shit that's horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

I love italy, but my country's treatment of women is just... bad. Like, my god, that's really really bad.

Ya, that definely comes from that shitty and very mysoginistic belief that women can't achieve much without spreading her legs, none of our countries are much different in this matter. I hear it all the time on the streets but Italy probably went way further for giving this assholes that much coverage.

lol at "forced to leave the country" though

Also, for some reason the article isn't saying that she spent 5years with him and that's actually why she's being called a whore. Her ex-husband even said that she was flattered by Weinstein...
    Last edited by Nilitch; October 20th, 2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    lol at "forced to leave the country" though

Also, for some reason the article isn't saying that she spent 5years with him and that's actually why she's being called a whore. Her ex-husband even said that she was flattered by Weinstein...
    Come to think of it there's another Romance speaking country with some really iffy relationships with these sort of scandals.

Voucher schools, particularly those in Florida, are a crooked sham that are more expensive than the public system and spectacularly worse to boot.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/feat...rygallery.html

Not that this is a surprise or anything since the above applies to every single element of modern conservative policy in this country.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Voucher schools, particularly those in Florida, are a crooked sham that are more expensive than the public system and spectacularly worse to boot.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/feat...rygallery.html

Not that this is a surprise or anything since the above applies to every single element of modern conservative policy in this country.
    I've heard the same in other parts of the country.

Almost as if education as a whole doesn't actually work with for-profit management.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So the situation in Iraq with the government suddenly pouncing on the Kurds (with Iranian help) is looking more complicated and less clear cut than it did at first.
    Much of it based on stuff I was sort of aware of, but most articles are not touching on at all.

Basically: Iraqi Kurdistan has never been a truly unified place.

For the most part when people are talking about "Iraqi Kurdistan" they're talking about the government in Erbil, which is basically synonymous with the KDP political party.
    But in the south around the city of Sulaymaniyah there's a whole other Kurdish political party that has most of the support, the PUK.
    The KDP and PUK have never liked each-other, they even fought a minor civil war in the 90's.
    The leader of Iraqi Kurdistan, Masoud Barzani, has not been very power sharey shall we say, with the PUK people.

And welp, it looks like the incursions into the area by the Arab/Iranian forces was given some possible blessing by the PUK.

Quebec face-cover ban

So-called feminists and social justice warriors are always making a fuss about letting muslims women cover their face because LIBERTY !!!
    The same kind of people who have never stepped out of their country in their lifetime and don't know that even in muslim countries there isn't much women covering their face. The only persons in Istanbul I've seen covering their face (like 5person at most) were Arabs --from the arabic peninsula-- shopping in the Istiklal avenue (the turkish Champs-Elysées).
    But for some reason insane liberals like to protect far-righty muslims...

Default Random News Article Discussion II

Justin is right that the state shouldn’t ban specific clothings. However, he should really look into the circumstances of niqabs and burqas and not act like there isn’t this whole absurdly sexist baggage related to it.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    Justin is right that the state shouldn’t ban specific clothings. However, he should really look into the circumstances of niqabs and burqas and not act like there isn’t this whole absurdly sexist baggage related to it.
    I'd like to see (oh how I wish we had statistics) how many of these women who wear burqas and niqabs do this out of choice, and not because their father or husband (or mother) forces them to. Quite a few of my female muslim friends choose to not wear a head-cover in public, whenever they're parents happen to not be around. These same friends must also have relationships and have sex in secret, because if they were to be found out they're parents might beat them or disown them (yes, this happened to one of my friends, her parents beat her really badly because she was no longer a virgin, and she can't leave the household because she's afraid her parents will disown her.).

Sure, it may be a choice for many muslim women, and we should respect that, but many others are just stuck in a highly controlled environment where they're forced to follow a very strict version of Islam, instead of having the freedom to practice in a way that's more relaxed and suited to their wishes.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix the issues of those whom are forced without infringing the religious freedom of those who choose to wear headscarfs and the such. That said, I think the value of freeing muslim girls who have no choice in the matter from they're parent's unreasonable wishes outweighs the infringement on religious freedom that this kind of ban comports.

So yeah, Trudeau is being naive, with his usual intersectional feminist stance forcing him to be politically correct in regards to islam, instead of seeing how this kind of ban actually helps women who are oppressed in muslim households.

I'd be curious to see what Femme thinks though, since this probably hits very close to home for her.

This thing is only about the niqab, not the other thing covering the hair only. Even though in the end the difference is just the degree of covered area.

The niqab/burqah has been forbidden to wear in France since 2011 (or something like that) and it's not like lots of people were wearing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Quebec face-cover ban

So-called feminists and social justice warriors are always making a fuss about letting muslims women cover their face because LIBERTY !!!
    The same kind of people who have never stepped out of their country in their lifetime and don't know that even in muslim countries there isn't much women covering their face. The only persons in Istanbul I've seen covering their face (like 5person at most) were Arabs --from the arabic peninsula-- shopping in the Istiklal avenue (the turkish Champs-Elysées).
    But for some reason insane liberals like to protect far-righty muslims...
    How dare far-right Muslims....exist?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information