+ Reply to Thread
Page 731 of 892 FirstFirst ... 231 631 681 721 729 730 731 732 733 741 781 831 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,620 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Bah, I figured it could be Saville, but there's so many ways to slice the "country has fucked up issues with sex at super young ages" that I wasn't sure that's what you meant.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Bah, I figured it could be Saville, but there's so many ways to slice the "country has fucked up issues with sex at super young ages" that I wasn't sure that's what you meant.
    Isn't Rolf Harris a British expatriate, too?

While we're on this subject...

Were there ever any allegations against Bill Maher?
    He seems like the type.

All this pedophilia talk reminds me of the recent controversial news in my country.
    Hidden:

In Porto Alegre, capital of Rio Grande do Sul there was happening a "Queer museum" exposition, in this art exposition, there were paintings representing the LGBT community.
    But, among those pieces of art, there were paintings with clear representation of zoophilia (orgy with goats), pedophilia (frames with kids dressed as prostitutes and those frames were entitled "fag kids" and to top it of, a frame with Jesus Christ in the cross holding numerous objects, including a vibrator and a butt plug.

The exposition was closed due to constant complaints.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I'm having trouble to remember an organization in an European country looking to lower the age of consent to a ridiculous young age, can't remember the name and the Country but South Park once made a hilarious parody about it.

Quote Originally Posted by C_uggs View Post
    All this pedophilia talk reminds me of the recent controversial news in my country.
    Hidden:

In Porto Alegre, capital of Rio Grande do Sul there was happening a "Queer museum" exposition, in this art exposition, there were paintings representing the LGBT community.
    But, among those pieces of art, there were paintings with clear representation of zoophilia (orgy with goats), pedophilia (frames with kids dressed as prostitutes and those frames were entitled "fag kids" and to top it of, a frame with Jesus Christ in the cross holding numerous objects, including a vibrator and a butt plug.

Brazil, definitely the leader in Latin-American region, I remember I once watched a video about some young girls(like from 9 to 12), riding ships in the river to "sell some goods", tropical fruits and such they were carrying with them. I thought well that's pretty cool, then I scrolled down to the comments and someone said that's just really a 'cover', those girls actually look for old men to have sex with, I was like naah wtf dude, googled it and unfortunately seems to be true.

here's how they ride the ships, looks incredibly dangerous, amazingly skilled kids

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Japan is also 13!
    This isn't actually true.
    Japan's AoC varies by prefecture (The average being 18, even). The amount of places in Japan where the age is 13 can be counted on one hand and the amount of people that actually live in those places can be counted on another. 13 is the bare minimum the AoC can be set in Japan or related territories
    That's not including youth protection laws which criminalize sexual relations with a minor (20 and under by japanese standards) by adults

'course, you've been there, have you not? You should know these things beyond the (incorrect) idea that 13 is the legal age there

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Were there ever any allegations against Bill Maher?
    He seems like the type.
    No too many people were too busy whining about him lionizing the September 11th Hijackers for anything to gain traction there.......though I do wonder what you mean by "looking" the type,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    No too many people were too busy whining about him lionizing the September 11th Hijackers for anything to gain traction there.......though I do wonder what you mean by "looking" the type,
    I said he seemed like the type, being weirdly defensive of pedophilia (a view he's repeated at least twice and I don't think he ever backed down on it).

Quote Originally Posted by C_uggs View Post
    Hidden:

And there was some new stuff happening there today, but I'm out of the loop. I work a couple blocks from the place and heard some loud noises from that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudell View Post
    And there was some new stuff happening there today, but I'm out of the loop. I work a couple blocks from the place and heard some loud noises from that direction.
    Yeah, from what I have seeing, it was possible that it was a alt left group protesting for the reopening of the exposition, saying that the early closing of the expo was a attack against freedom of expression. Just a little thing that I forgot to tell, this exposition was open to everyone and some elementary/middle schools were making field trips to this exposition.

About child prostitution in Brazil, yeah, it's a sad reality, specily in the northen and northeast states, their families encourages them to do this in order to get money/food.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Lump of Dirt

Nun With A Chainsaw Clears Hurricane Irma Like A Pro:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02da0e13d5cea

This is pretty cool, and makes this nun awesome in my book because of her expertise with the chainsaw. It was also nice of her to help people there as well! :3

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...ooting-9-dead/

Of course this is seen as business as usual.

Macron called those who were against his neo-liberal reforms "lazy, cynical and extremists". ------Typical centrist.

ESPN: She knows what she did wrong.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/espn...o-support-her/
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

http://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/20...154657961.html
    Finally, now only inheritance laws should be changed and women would have complete legal equality.

http://krqe.com/2017/09/11/football-...tory-language/

Alright MLK take the soapboxing somewhere else

So uhm, North Korea fired a missile over Japan apparently? For the second time in less than a month?

Someone tried to rebrand the Swastika in a positive light with rainbow Swastika t-shirts. It went about as well as you'd expect.

The fact that he/she/they completely forgot to un-tilt the Swastika really makes me wonder who this was for in the first place.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; September 14th, 2017 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Someone tried to rebrand the Swastika in a positive light with rainbow Swastika t-shirts. It went about as well as you'd expect.

The fact that he/she/they completely forgot to un-tilt the Swastika really makes me wonder who this was for in the first place.
    I had to go read up on it at Wikipedia. I was trying to think of another name for the swastika and forgot. Turns out Iw as thinking of the Japanese term for it, manji, not the other name from Hindu, Svastika. Interesting note though, that it could be tilted too in history....its just bad news now because we automatically think of the Nazis (at least I do when seeing the tilted version)

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    In the 1880's the Theosophical Society adopted a swastika as part of its seal, along with an Om, a hexagram or star of David, an Ankh and an Ouroboros. Unlike the much more recent RaŽlian movement, the Theosophical Society symbol has been free from controversy, and the seal is still used. The current seal also includes the text "There is no religion higher than truth."[109] The British author and poet Rudyard Kipling used the symbol on the cover art of a number of his works, including The Five Nations, 1903, which has it twinned with an elephant.
    The Nazis have too much of stronghold on the swastika in the west for me to see it as anything but racist.

Reminds me of when I started reading that one volume of One Piece where Shirohige is introduced, there was an editor's comment on one page saying the Swastika on his Jolly Roger was a religious-based thing and not the Nazi.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information