+ Reply to Thread
Page 719 of 719 FirstFirst ... 219 619 669 709 717 718 719
Results 14,361 to 14,377 of 14377

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #14361

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    "When did Islam become a race?" he said smugly as his masterful use of semantics clearly won the argument.
    No I think it's dumb calling someone a racist for criticising religion. If we go by that logic anyone who criticise religion must be racist. Or is that only the case when it comes to Islam? If so you can take your double standards and shove them up your ass. And don't go assuming what my gender is either.

  2. #14362
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Death View Post
    No I think it's dumb calling someone a racist for criticising religion. If we go by that logic anyone who criticise religion must be racist. Or is that only the case when it comes to Islam? If so you can take your double standards and shove them up your ass. And don't go assuming what my gender is either.
    Temper, temper, racist one. Or bigoted, if you prefer.
    Hidden:


  3. #14363

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Guys guys, I just registered and literally all my posts are these ones. I really don't understand what all this scrutiny could be about!

  4. #14364
    The Cat has Returned! Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Guys guys, I just registered and literally all my posts are these ones. I really don't understand what all this scrutiny could be about!
    ......aaaaannnnd the king of sarcasm rears his head. I almost forgot how sharp your tongue is, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

    in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

  5. #14365
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Gotta love how Canadian hate groups are always oh so inspired by their American counterparts. Sigh.

    http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ally-1.3553077
    Hidden:


  6. #14366

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Gotta love how Canadian hate groups are always oh so inspired by their American counterparts. Sigh.

    http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ally-1.3553077
    Please tell me there were Confederate flags there too.

  7. #14367
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Please tell me there were Confederate flags there too.
    I wouldn't be surprised, really -_-

    Any time something gets all hatey up in the US, the closeted racists in Canada are always like, "Hey! Me too!" And do their own copycat crap shortly after.

    Honestly though, intolerance to diversity is getting louder here. I'm concerned that the next PM is going to be Trudeau's polar opposite.
    Hidden:


  8. #14368

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, really -_-

    Any time something gets all hatey up in the US, the closeted racists in Canada are always like, "Hey! Me too!" And do their own copycat crap shortly after.

    Honestly though, intolerance to diversity is getting louder here. I'm concerned that the next PM is going to be Trudeau's polar opposite.
    Do Canadian far-rightists look more to the US far-right or the British far-right?
    Like would a Canadian Trump be agitating for a greater role for the British monarchy or something.

  9. #14369
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Do Canadian far-rightists look more to the US far-right or the British far-right?
    Like would a Canadian Trump be agitating for a greater role for the British monarchy or something.
    It's more British far-right in that Canadian far-rightists are anti-immigrant as a whole, rather than a couple groups with KKK sprinkled in. There isn't a huge show of anti-black groups here, but I'm sure they exist. It's more American far-right in that whatever happens in the states triggers a response here. The Canadian far-right loves Trump.

    There is a loud opposition to Islam though, right up to government level in the case of PQ. White Canadian nationalists (and even non-white nationalists) usually take aim at Canadian Muslims and refugees in particular. The shooting in Quebec was the showiest display of that, but since then there's been a lot of protests at mosques in the Greater Toronto Area. There's been a couple incidents in my area and those haven't slowed down, much.

    Criticism against Trudeau is growing because he's ultra-diversity friendly. On his Facebook page, there is an actual video greeting of him for every cultural holiday. Heck, there was this Muslim culture street festival a few weeks ago, and he recorded one specifically for them, too. He's seen as too diverse and too soft on immigration, and that he's wasting time pandering to minorities while avoiding larger issues. The economy, specifically.

    Part of this reaction is sorta justified. He's in the media a little bit too much compared to the vast blankness that was Harper's PR outreach. So it gives him this image of "poster boy for photo ops", whereas Harper was never seen mingling with people, ever.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Welp.

    Far-right groups, counter-protesters clash in Quebec City
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...eute-1.4254792
    Hidden:


  10. #14370
    King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Monster Planet

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Gotta love how Canadian hate groups are always oh so inspired by their American counterparts. Sigh.

    http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ally-1.3553077
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, really -_-

    Any time something gets all hatey up in the US, the closeted racists in Canada are always like, "Hey! Me too!" And do their own copycat crap shortly after.

    Honestly though, intolerance to diversity is getting louder here. I'm concerned that the next PM is going to be Trudeau's polar opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    It's more British far-right in that Canadian far-rightists are anti-immigrant as a whole, rather than a couple groups with KKK sprinkled in. There isn't a huge show of anti-black groups here, but I'm sure they exist. It's more American far-right in that whatever happens in the states triggers a response here. The Canadian far-right loves Trump.

    There is a loud opposition to Islam though, right up to government level in the case of PQ. White Canadian nationalists (and even non-white nationalists) usually take aim at Canadian Muslims and refugees in particular. The shooting in Quebec was the showiest display of that, but since then there's been a lot of protests at mosques in the Greater Toronto Area. There's been a couple incidents in my area and those haven't slowed down, much.

    Criticism against Trudeau is growing because he's ultra-diversity friendly. On his Facebook page, there is an actual video greeting of him for every cultural holiday. Heck, there was this Muslim culture street festival a few weeks ago, and he recorded one specifically for them, too. He's seen as too diverse and too soft on immigration, and that he's wasting time pandering to minorities while avoiding larger issues. The economy, specifically.

    Part of this reaction is sorta justified. He's in the media a little bit too much compared to the vast blankness that was Harper's PR outreach. So it gives him this image of "poster boy for photo ops", whereas Harper was never seen mingling with people, ever.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Welp.

    Far-right groups, counter-protesters clash in Quebec City
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...eute-1.4254792


    On behalf of the U.S.A. Sorry neighbor.
    In the end, the Godzilla I played remains on film forever. It remains in people's memory, and for that I feel really grateful. — Haruo Nakajima

  11. #14371

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Part of this reaction is sorta justified. He's in the media a little bit too much compared to the vast blankness that was Harper's PR outreach. So it gives him this image of "poster boy for photo ops", whereas Harper was never seen mingling with people, ever.
    Sounds like one miserable bastard to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  12. #14372
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Sounds like one miserable bastard to be honest.
    Harper? Oh, he definitely was. But to Harper's loyal fanbase Trudeau is .. basically too nice and not serious enough about politics "that matter".

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    http://cs6.pikabu.ru/post_img/2015/0..._643062679.jpg

    On behalf of the U.S.A. Sorry neighbor.
    I accept your very Canadian apology for something that isn't your fault :)

    --

    Lol right now the white nationalists are stuck inside a parking garage with a crowd of counter protestors outside, and a huge crowd of police.
    Last edited by Femme; August 20th, 2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Hidden:


  13. #14373
    Discovered Stowaway Bugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hole in the ground

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Pol...ampaign=buffer

    Honestly, I'm not too surprised by this.

  14. #14374

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    It's funny though since Trump's relationship with Israel is bout as good as Obama's relationship with Netanyahu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  15. #14375
    Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Québec, Québec

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    A man in Missouri will be executed tuesday despite DNA evidence.

    That is some messed up shit...

    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...052647111.html

  16. #14376

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparsebeard View Post
    A man in Missouri will be executed tuesday despite DNA evidence.

    That is some messed up shit...
    Welcome to the American Criminal Justice System.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  17. #14377
    The Cat has Returned! Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Pol...ampaign=buffer

    Honestly, I'm not too surprised by this.
    Trump is the unquestioned leader of the free world, and we must not accept anyone harming him.”

    Kara praised Trump for having “a proven track record in opposing antisemitism and religious extremism.”
    WTF... just where is this guy getting his information from?! Not only is NOT 'leader of the free world' (I heard a lady from Germany is in a better postion for that than TRump is) but only 'proven track record' that TRump has is for total BS and doing 180s on topics.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

    in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts