+ Reply to Thread
Page 712 of 892 FirstFirst ... 212 612 662 702 710 711 712 713 714 722 762 812 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,240 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

They claim that they got 8million votes, while prohibiting any press or observers to be at the voting centers. The calculated number is 2.5m

They claim that everything went OK and peace won, security forces killed 15 protesters, not the militias, not themselves doing stupid things, the nations guard killed 15 people, two of them under aged and they call that peace.

Fuck my country, I don't have a country, I have a joke. And its not funny.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Wow, you just had to read about the conditions that the referendum was made in to realize what a load of bullcrap it all was. 2 votes per person? MPs representing sectors of society and municipalities? No blank vote allowed? No opposition party members allowed to participate as cadidates? Government workers registering who votes or doesn't so they can blackmail them after they've become dependent on the government to survive? Security forces stopping media reporters from observing the whole affair? Holy hell, I'm really sorry for you country, man. It's just turning from bad to worse to even worse.

The worst part is the opposition response.

"This noon, wherever you are, go to the streets and protest". For an hour.

That is... Not enough. And I'm angry and sad and I want to punch something.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

That's what people have been doing for... a year now? Honestly, what CAN the opposition do? Unless they get the military or foreign backing on their side, it's over, I think.

There is no easy or normal ways left. I don't want a civil war, but if the top brass accepts this impossible result, then its up, the military won't ever help.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    There is no easy or normal ways left. I don't want a civil war, but if the top brass accepts this impossible result, then its up, the military won't ever help.
    Civil war without the military is suicide, surely

Yah, that is why no one wants to do it. Except the student movement that is already dying in the streets.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Condolences to you maxterdexter.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    Condolences to you maxterdexter.
    Thankyou.

I'm feeling somewhat better. For better or worse, I'm better off than most migrants and an awkward number of spaniards.

http://www.economist.com/news/americ...Fte%2Frfd%2Fpe
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Just saw this pop up in notifications

"U.S. Treasury Department sanctions Venezuelan President Maduro" - Get updates at Reuters.com

More in depth

"U.S. targets Venezuelan President Maduro for sanctions" -
    Last edited by sgamer82; July 31st, 2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Last edited by Demon Rin; July 31st, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

And you thought there was never a girl on comics?

I also laugh at them arguing people don't read marvel, because of their feminist agenda. What was their excuse in the 90's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Marvel is the only company that is despised by both the alt right and the loony left.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

The fact that happened over such a casual picture is just... wow.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

The internet is a strange place. I would expect such reaction if it was parade or at worst 2-3 snarky comments on how marvel lets anyone in. A full blown accusation of crusade for a milkshake was beyond my wildest dream. They don't even have some kind of sign promoting a message. Fascinating and scary place the internet can be.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Those crazy hostile remarks go beyond just one picture. They were already angry long before that. They're the kind of people who prowl the internet looking for any excuse they can find to lash out.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    Those crazy hostile remarks go beyond just one picture. They were already angry long before that. They're the kind of people who prowl the internet looking for any excuse they can find to lash out.
    This is very much true. Unfortunately, you see stuff like that all over derogatory and slanderous comments related to Marvel nowadays.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

The sniveling asses need to be put on a mantlepiece in jar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Marvel is the only company that is despised by both the alt right and the loony left.
    I dunno, turning Captain America into a Nazi should be seen as awful by basically everyone. Also ruining Marvel vs Capcom by being involved with it and making it serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truth View Post
    I dunno, turning Captain America into a Nazi should be seen as awful by basically everyone. Also ruining Marvel vs Capcom by being involved with it and making it serious.
    It's a great story if you ignore the outrage headlines that purposely misinterpret the dire warning it presents about the ease with sacred symbols can be used and corrupted while protectors of justice sit around and do nothing except bicker anmongst each other (sound familiar?). And somehow insist it is itself a propaganda piece for fascism.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information