+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 892 FirstFirst ... 209 609 659 699 707 708 709 710 711 719 759 809 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,180 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

Oh, I get it, it is only racist if it's applied to you and yours.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Do we have proof that she wasn't being racist? I mean, you're a biased source so we can't really trust your word.

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

This became a huge news in iran
    https://onehallyu.com/topic/546622-s...r-being-raped/
    Huge crowd of people were in front of the killers store
    A video in Farsi(persian) from BBC Persian
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2070580678.mp4
    Last edited by firelord111; July 13th, 2017 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underworld1991 View Post
    I don't give a shit. Well except it was her teacher that was saying it not other children.
    Maybe you shoiuld have stated that from the start. It's very different if a grown adult is harping on a kid. Especially one they are supposed to be in charge of. What was the teacher saying? Have you spoken to the principal about it? I know how chilren of minorities typically handle facing racism from adults and what their parents say to them. I rememeber I got a lot of history on the why's and how to cope. What did you tell your kid? I'm not asking in a blamey way I'm just curious what a white parent would say in this case to imform, comdort and not fan flames..

But yeah if the teacher is belittling your kid you should speak to the teacher and or principal.

Quote Originally Posted by Underworld1991 View Post
    That she was a bad person because of her race. She felt bad for being white all because of this racist teacher. Good job I don't give a fuck about being political correct and pulled this racist on her bullshit. If it weren't for me she would still working there sprouting that BS.
    Getting a teacher in trouble for a racist comment is in keeping with political correctness, and is not a bad thing.

Like Aohige said in his post...your posts seem to actually really care quite a lot about racism. But seem really super focused on your literal own perspective.
    I unno, sounds like your experience is something you could easily extend to other demographics in understanding the whole issue?
    Like I've been sexually harassed, but I'm like still able to understand that it is simultaneously not ok to happened to me, while also as an issue being far more severe and pervasive for women and girls. There's no conflict between these understandings at all.
    Like I feel almost lucky to get that first hand perspective, its a chance at deeper understanding of an issue, and empathy with people from other demographics. But you don't seem to see this in your own case? Sorry mate, you should look deeper than some tribalistic instinct here.

And yeah I was about to say, that's grounds for getting in deep shit in any public school system.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    This became a huge news in iran
    https://onehallyu.com/topic/546622-s...r-being-raped/
    Huge crowd of people were in front of the killers store
    A video in Farsi(persian) from BBC Persian
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2070580678.mp4
    Can you explain exactly what happened to the girl? The translation there is kind of confusing.

In short
    The 7 year old girl went missing so people started searching for her soon the missing poster got shared across the internet in Iran so people started searching all around the city in the end the killers brother found the body in his brothers garage
    People became very angry and attacked the killers market

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Former President of Peru from 2011-2016 Ollanta Humala and his spouse Nadine Heredia are looking at 18 months of detention. They are charged with money-laundering. This is part of a greater anti-corruption probe called Operation Car Wash, one of the most extensive national corruption scandals in recent memory, where dozens of politicians current and former are being investigated for bribery.

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

Spain's left is parroting the same Maduro story of how he is the victim of an all powerful right wing conspiracy.

You would think that the violent repression, the 100 days of protest, the 50+ deaths, by either the national guard or the pro government militia, medicine and food shortages, censorship of international media, total disregard of the independence of power, and miscellaneous crimes against the Venezuelan people would turn them away from a dictatorship.

I guess only the right wing can be a dictatorship. It is gross how much truth is loss from words like left and right wing.

The right traditionally just hides its crimes, the left usually makes baseless accusations of the same crimes to their opponents.

I know there is a left leaning block, but the right is only moved by money.

BTW, this is a rant fuelled by my hatred of the people who claim that the suffering of my country is a conspiracy.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    BTW, this is a rant fuelled by my hatred of the people who claim that the suffering of my country is a conspiracy.
    If it's any consolation, the United Nations are not treating this dire situation as a conspiracy.

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

Any Left wing person still defending Maduro is either balls out ignorant as hell, or a tankie.

And what is a tankie? A "Tankie" is a term for that particular branch of the far-left that is a-ok with horrific violence, authoritarianism, genocide, and personality cults, as long as the perpetrators have a hammer and sickle branded on them in some fashion. Or more modernly, if the perpetrators claim to be anti-imperialist and against the West.

Also the sorts that tend to really embody the whole "Marxism as a secular religion" thing.

Don't Corbyn and Melenchon still jerk it to Venezuela.

The American far-left has pretty much never advanced from the Cold War when it comes to Latin America.

Vaguely leftist takeover of a country? GLORIOUS WILL OF THE PEOPLE. Vaguely rightist takeover of a country. FILTHY CIA DOGS MEDDLING IN REGION THAT STOPPED BEING AT THE TOP OF AMERICA'S REGIONS OF INTEREST WHEN THE SOVIET UNION DROPPED DEAD.

Oh, thanks for expanding my vocabulary doctor MK. I'm glad I can finally put a name on those people.

Haven't tankies pretty much disappeared from western countries though ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Don't Corbyn and Melenchon still jerk it to Venezuela.
    Mélenchon says there are things to learn from Chavez but yeah, he kinda doesn't answer when asked if he endorses Maduro or not. He goes "what do you mean? Am I endorsing Maduro, the man, or the Constitution ? "

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    The American far-left has pretty much never advanced from the Cold War when it comes to Latin America.

Vaguely leftist takeover of a country? GLORIOUS WILL OF THE PEOPLE. Vaguely rightist takeover of a country. FILTHY CIA DOGS MEDDLING IN REGION THAT STOPPED BEING AT THE TOP OF AMERICA'S REGIONS OF INTEREST WHEN THE SOVIET UNION DROPPED DEAD.
    American? Puh, this is more of a scourge in Europe for some reason. See Kaiolino's post. There are idiots here and Canada of course, but its very not mainstream. Like pretty sure Sanders hasn't expressed that kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Haven't tankies pretty much disappeared from western countries though ?

Mélenchon says there are things to learn from Chavez but yeah
    Alas you answer your own question.
    Chavez was a turd too, Maduro is just 100 times less competent and charismatic, and is overseeing the collapse of the doomed house of cards that Chavez built.

I saw a quote from Corbyn about how he came from a time and place where the left supported lots of unsavory people by his own description.....and then he didn't end the comment with anything like "I've moved on and am less naive etc".
    He just sort of left it at that lol.

He seems domestically awesome for the UK, but goddamn are many of his FP views are colored by some dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Spain's left is parroting the same Maduro story of how he is the victim of an all powerful right wing conspiracy.

You would think that the violent repression, the 100 days of protest, the 50+ deaths, by either the national guard or the pro government militia, medicine and food shortages, censorship of international media, total disregard of the independence of power, and miscellaneous crimes against the Venezuelan people would turn them away from a dictatorship.

I guess only the right wing can be a dictatorship. It is gross how much truth is loss from words like left and right wing.

The right traditionally just hides its crimes, the left usually makes baseless accusations of the same crimes to their opponents.

I know there is a left leaning block, but the right is only moved by money.

Not just the Spanish.
    To be expected from people don't condemn North Korea's actions due to "lack of information".
    If it makes you feel any better, they are a dying breed.

And not just the Portuguese.
    *Sees Lula with Hugo Chavez/Lula with Fidel Castro.* SHAME.
    I forgot to add this in my last post, besides the 9 years of prison, if Lula gets arrested he will be ineligible for 19 years.

Of course, he will use this condemnation to boost his image as political victim so he can be elected next year, like he did in his wife's funeral in the beginning of this year.
    Man, sometimes it feels like the fight against corruption is not worth fighting for.

BTW, Temer managed to stay as president, which is a good and bad thing.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

The fight against corruption is like bathing. Even if you are perfectly clean, you'll have to do it tomorrow as well.

Barcelona city hall tries and fails canceling the extraordinary protest vote of over 20k Venezuelans on the city.

We voted outside the civic center.

The cause seemed to be some arbitrary "security concerns" that were just realized this morning.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

7.5 million venezuelans voted against the new constitution, in a "protest vote" without the support of the electoral council, after being censured by the media.

The goverment responds as usual, minimize and ignore.

The aggresive part of the opposition then goes into full "Unicorn generation mode: Right Wing edition" and claims that that number is too low, even if it was made with one third of the polling tables than the last election we had, and got around the same ammount of votes.

It's up to the national assembly to see if we can stop the end of the republic.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information