+ Reply to Thread
Page 707 of 893 FirstFirst ... 207 607 657 697 705 706 707 708 709 717 757 807 ... LastLast
Results 14,121 to 14,140 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

There's also the fact that animal production is a very twisted process with heavy consequences for the environment in terms of resource and land use, greenhouse gas production, pollution... Adding to the fact that mass produced meat/dairy products are usually very low quality and probably carry harmful substances in its composition, they're an extra source of trouble for society's health, given the gigantic amounts of animal-derived products being consumed today. I'm not even a vegetarian, but I'm a strong advocate for the drastic reduction in the consumption of animal products, in order to curb the industry behind it and refocus on higher quality, more nutritive, tastier, non-toxic products. Not to mention that even higher quality meat is still harmful to human health if eaten in the quantities that most westerners do today.

https://www.caracaschronicles.com/20...-on-the-walls/

The armed goverment militia broke into the legislative palace, today Venezuela's 206th independence day, and attacked the opposition lawmakers.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    While I can appreciate the point, it still seems contradictory to me to use sanctity of life as an excuse when the person is still consuming what was once was living organism themselves, sapient or not.
    If we're going to be superpetty, we could say that a tomatoe or an apple are just appendages on plants. So eating an apple in that sense is equivalent to eating a human's nailclippings. But I digress; this is all semantics, really. I don't think anybody, anywhere except for jains have argued that any biological lifeforms absolutely must not be killed. It is really about animals and if you look at it from the perspective I provided it's obvious why it is so. And it's easy to understand a circumstance where this would be different. If apples screamed every time you took a bite from them, certainly people would include apples in this category of organisms that shouldn't be harmed.

If only there was oil in North Korea, Trump would have invaded the place long ago. Let's see if he's all talk or really crazy and is gonna order some random airstrikes on Kim.

Personally, even though I don't subscribe to the vegan lifestyle, I do appreciate the awareness that vegans and vegetarians have brought to improvements in treatment of animals in the meat industry. I am a meat eater, however I also care about animals being cared for properly before slaughter. I'm not sure that treatment of animals in the meat industry would be such a common topic these days without the push for awareness from vegetarians and vegans.

Secondly, I, as a meat eater, personally benefit from regulations now in practice in the food industry labelling certain foods as certified vegetarian or vegan, so that's one thing I'm thankful for since I practice an alternative diet. There are people out there with health or religious reasons to not eat meat, and if we didn't have the demand from vegetarians and vegans, we wouldn't have the ease of picking up certain foods labeled meat-free.

Lastly, yes people who shove their philosophies down your throats are super annoying, but I would think the majority of us have only come across vegans who act in that manner on the internet, honestly. I barely know any vegans in real life, and the one that I do is super cool about things. It's basically demonizing a minority based on the actions of the few.
    Hidden:

It seems 160 cops have been injured in the anti-capitalist manifestation in Hamburg for the G20. lol, people are going mad.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    It seems 160 cops have been injured ... lol
    Not something to laugh about

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

An actual article about what's happening

"Smoke rises over Hamburg as Merkel's free speech gamble hangs in balance" - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-g2...-idUSKBN19S1BA
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I'm sure they're just terrible terrible injuries.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Venezuela's Roman Catholic Church would like everyone to know, they see Maduro's intention to form a popular assembly as an attempt to create a unnecessary inconvenient military dictatorship.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I'm sure they're just terrible terrible injuries.
    Sure, the vast majority are probably just scrapes and bruises. But riots and violence aren't exactly a laughing matter.

Unless it's entitled white sports fans vandalizing their own city in celebration.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

If you haven't learned to darkly chuckle at life you're going to lose to it.

Oi! Good news from my home front!

They gave Leopoldo Lopez House arrest. At least.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Only 3 cops out of 160 are hospitalized btw. I'm loling at the fact that they are kinda inflating the number of injured cops. I'm loling at the fact that there are very obviously more hospitalized demonstrators than cops (14 are hospitalized which 3 are in critical condition) but some media will only talk about the poor injured cops by caveman anarchists. And loling to other things too. Also that it's entertaining, let's be honest.

Mosul was completely taken back from ISIS.
    They have only one sizable city left, Raqqah in Syria, which is under heavy siege by the Syrian Kurds.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

I wonder what will happen between the SDF and the regime when ISIS is done.
    i don't think they'll fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    I wonder what will happen between the SDF and the regime when ISIS is done.
    i don't think they'll fight.
    Very interesting question.
    They're not friends, they're not quite enemies either yet though.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

With the current US admin there's a possibility that Assad will stay in power with an autonomous kurdish region.
    But that's still not certain.

In Italy, the former leader of their far-righty party has been sentenced to 27months of prison. Because stealing the tax payers is bad.

Hope the FrontNational (and eventually Sarkozy and his goons) gets purged one day... so many cases and no one in prison

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Vatican guy busted in doing homosexual orgies, with drugs and all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information