+ Reply to Thread
Page 705 of 893 FirstFirst ... 205 605 655 695 703 704 705 706 707 715 755 805 ... LastLast
Results 14,081 to 14,100 of 17845

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #14081

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    The DUP was able to block it last time through abusing some law protecting minorities, the "minorities" here being poor faithful good Christians being imposed upon by the gayz.

  2. #14082

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The DUP was able to block it last time through abusing some law protecting minorities, the "minorities" here being poor faithful good Christians being imposed upon by the gayz.
    Those mean gays picking on the all loving Christian folk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  3. #14083

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    The whole "You're imposing a war on our belief by you existing" has got to be the dumbest rhetoric ever.

    And yet every day you see these subhuman intelligence gets spouted out on the internet rambling something about "da gay agenduh"

  4. #14084

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?


  5. #14085

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    "What are you talking about, "oppression of gays in Russia?" No such thing! It's only illegal to spread "gay propaganda". Chechnya? That's not reeaaaally Russia, I mean they are muslims there. You know how muslims are! Putin can't do anything about that! "But if Putin is so strong he could stop this?" You say? Uhh... ehm... "

  6. #14086

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    The whole "You're imposing a war on our belief by you existing" has got to be the dumbest rhetoric ever.

    And yet every day you see these subhuman intelligence gets spouted out on the internet rambling something about "da gay agenduh"
    Ugh. As perhaps the only member of this forum willing to voice my... shall we say 'more right wing than most at AP yet still centrist' views, I must say I find myself completely and utterly opposed to this article.

    It's just so... naive! Caring for other people, especially the poor, as a reason for Universal Healthcare? You lefty americans are mad! Mad! You'll never convince anyone mildly self-centred that we should have universal healthcare with that attitude! If this were the only reason, I would oppose Universal Healthcare. No wonder dems keep on losing elections, this is a pathetic pathetic argument to do anything! Caring? CARING? What!? The average Joe is never going to vote for something out of the good of their heart and care for others, what an utterly clueless, privileged and frankly naive thing to think!

    It's all very well and good arguing that you should vote based on 'caring for others' if you're in a priviliged place of wealth, and the politicians' actions can't hurt you no matter what they do...but as a struggling person with few career prospects, or a business that's not growing, or any other economic ailment or otherwise, your vote will go towards helping yourself! That much in obvious!

    If the dems want to start winning, as I hope they do win, they have to start arguing like the right. Be more selfish. Don't do things because they are good, do them because they make the most sense. Don't ask people to vote for others, ask people to vote for themselves.


    Why does one support Universal Healthcare? Is it because of a care for others? I would think in most cases, HELL NO.

    It's because by supporting Universal Healthcare, the country can negotiate as a whole block with insurance companies, driving down the costs by seeing the country as a whole, spreading the risks, instead of as individuals negotiating individually with insurance companies with varying costs (often extreme) based on pre-existing conditions. One does it because it benefits literally EVERYONE, with the exception of maybe the top 2% whom are rich enough to afford healthcare regardless of what condition may ail them. Yes it means more income taxes for the middle class, but it also means that no matter how ill you may become, you will never be left bankrupt by healthcare costs. And those businesses whom complain about obamacare costs ruining their chances of growing? No problem, the business doesn't have to worry about that, goes directly through income tax anyway. There is no scenario where having Universal Healthcare in my country doesn't benefit me personally, even if I'm earning 100K a year and have a medium sized business. Afterall, I could get cancer, I could be bankrupted by those costs if my insurer doesn't cover me. With Universal healthcare, i don't have to worry.

    Even bloody Rand Paul accidentally argued for Universal Healthcare on CNN the other day, only to then do a double-take and say he's 'opposed to the gulag because socialism doesn't work look at venezuela' bullshit. But his point stood alone, Universal Healthcare makes financial sense for everyone except hyper rich and insurance companies.

    So instead of making arguments for Universal Healthcare based on 'being nice', how about just arguing economically? Nothing anyone ever says will convince me to change based on the fact that 'I should be nicer'... but arguing in my best interests? Hell, you've got my vote.

    Now get in line America and get your bloody Universal Healthcare in place. Even JAPAN has it (well, partially, 70% of your costs are covered). COME ON.


    EDIT: Kayla Chadwick, the writer of that article, just oozes with everything that pisses me off about the left. So goddamn moralizing. Just wanted to add that. Bet she's a vegan too. Bloody vegans.

    EDIT 2: I feel bad about the vegan thing. Some vegans are nice when they don't mention they're vegan, or tell you to be vegan. Those folk are okay. Not living to the fullest, but okay.

  7. #14087

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    To add, if you don't give things to the poor, things like healthcare and education, they will keep on being poor, and vote for any crazy populist to the goverment because they will promise snake oil and stuf'. Or just plain ol' armed revolution.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  8. #14088

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    To add, if you don't give things to the poor, things like healthcare and education, they will keep on being poor, and vote for any crazy populist to the goverment because they will promise snake oil and stuf'. Or just plain ol' armed revolution.
    Um excuse me, I'm from Italian England and the only non-American here. I'm not really trying to impose upon you or anything, but some guy from *snicker* what, Iowa? Needs to sit down right now and hear the sizzling hot pearls of wisdom that I, the only non-American and enlightened European, have to spare for you.

    Cor blimey mamma mia.

  9. #14089
    Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Um excuse me, I'm from Italian England and the only non-American here. I'm not really trying to impose upon you or anything, but some guy from *snicker* what, Iowa? Needs to sit down right now and hear the sizzling hot pearls of wisdom that I, the only non-American and enlightened European, have to spare for you.

    Cor blimey mamma mia.

    Are you having a ***** laugh? Ehi? You literally just copied my post in reply to something unrelated, then said some racist shit and didn't even consider my point, and to boot did it on a different thread? I get that you have a personal vendetta against me, but this is a new low. F- off if you're not gonna bother responding.

    The point of the post was that people don't vote against their self interests. It's in my interest to vote FOR gay marriage, because the government granting equal rights to citizens regardless of creed, race, or sexual orientation is in MY interests. No matter whether I'm involved or not. Same for Universal healthcare. Same for free/subsidised education. Same for tax reform. In all these cases, the welfare state approach tends to benefit the many over the few, yet the arguments used in america by the left hinge on 'being nice to the poor' instead of 'being a benefit for literally almost everybody'.

    Not that any of this matters to you, clearly you're more interested in where I'm from, than the value of my arguments. Just look at the thread title to realise what an asshat you're making yourself out to be.

    Is racism racism? Or is it only racism when my skin tone is different? What utter anabashed hypocrisy.

  10. #14090

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Are you having a ***** laugh? Ehi? You literally just copied my post in reply to something unrelated, then said some racist shit and didn't even consider my point, and to boot did it on a different thread? I get that you have a personal vendetta against me, but this is a new low. F- off if you're not gonna bother responding.

    The point of the post was that people don't vote against their self interests. It's in my interest to vote FOR gay marriage, because the government granting equal rights to citizens regardless of creed, race, or sexual orientation is in MY interests. No matter whether I'm involved or not. Same for Universal healthcare. Same for free/subsidised education. Same for tax reform. In all these cases, the welfare state approach tends to benefit the many over the few, yet the arguments used in america by the left hinge on 'being nice to the poor' instead of 'being a benefit for literally almost everybody'.

    Not that any of this matters to you, clearly you're more interested in where I'm from, than the value of my arguments. Just look at the thread title to realise what an asshat you're making yourself out to be.

    Is racism racism? Or is it only racism when my skin tone is different? What utter anabashed hypocrisy.
    Ugh. As perhaps the only member of this forum willing to voice my... shall we say 'more right wing than most at AP yet still centrist' views, I must say I find myself completely and utterly opposed to this article.

    It's just so... naive! Caring for other people, especially the poor, as a reason for Universal Healthcare? You lefty americans are mad! Mad! You'll never convince anyone mildly self-centred that we should have universal healthcare with that attitude! If this were the only reason, I would oppose Universal Healthcare. No wonder dems keep on losing elections, this is a pathetic pathetic argument to do anything! Caring? CARING? What!? The average Joe is never going to vote for something out of the good of their heart and care for others, what an utterly clueless, privileged and frankly naive thing to think!

    It's all very well and good arguing that you should vote based on 'caring for others' if you're in a priviliged place of wealth, and the politicians' actions can't hurt you no matter what they do...but as a struggling person with few career prospects, or a business that's not growing, or any other economic ailment or otherwise, your vote will go towards helping yourself! That much in obvious!

    If the dems want to start winning, as I hope they do win, they have to start arguing like the right. Be more selfish. Don't do things because they are good, do them because they make the most sense. Don't ask people to vote for others, ask people to vote for themselves.


    Why does one support Universal Healthcare? Is it because of a care for others? I would think in most cases, HELL NO.

    It's because by supporting Universal Healthcare, the country can negotiate as a whole block with insurance companies, driving down the costs by seeing the country as a whole, spreading the risks, instead of as individuals negotiating individually with insurance companies with varying costs (often extreme) based on pre-existing conditions. One does it because it benefits literally EVERYONE, with the exception of maybe the top 2% whom are rich enough to afford healthcare regardless of what condition may ail them. Yes it means more income taxes for the middle class, but it also means that no matter how ill you may become, you will never be left bankrupt by healthcare costs. And those businesses whom complain about obamacare costs ruining their chances of growing? No problem, the business doesn't have to worry about that, goes directly through income tax anyway. There is no scenario where having Universal Healthcare in my country doesn't benefit me personally, even if I'm earning 100K a year and have a medium sized business. Afterall, I could get cancer, I could be bankrupted by those costs if my insurer doesn't cover me. With Universal healthcare, i don't have to worry.

    Even bloody Rand Paul accidentally argued for Universal Healthcare on CNN the other day, only to then do a double-take and say he's 'opposed to the gulag because socialism doesn't work look at venezuela' bullshit. But his point stood alone, Universal Healthcare makes financial sense for everyone except hyper rich and insurance companies.

    So instead of making arguments for Universal Healthcare based on 'being nice', how about just arguing economically? Nothing anyone ever says will convince me to change based on the fact that 'I should be nicer'... but arguing in my best interests? Hell, you've got my vote.

    Now get in line America and get your bloody Universal Healthcare in place. Even JAPAN has it (well, partially, 70% of your costs are covered). COME ON.


    EDIT: Kayla Chadwick, the writer of that article, just oozes with everything that pisses me off about the left. So goddamn moralizing. Just wanted to add that. Bet she's a vegan too. Bloody vegans.

    EDIT 2: I feel bad about the vegan thing. Some vegans are nice when they don't mention they're vegan, or tell you to be vegan. Those folk are okay. Not living to the fullest, but okay.


  11. #14091

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    I don't know if Zephos is laughing, but I definitely am.

  12. #14092
    Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Gonna get threadbanned/forumbanned for this, but I really don't care at this point. Zephos, stop being a cunt.

  13. #14093

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Gonna get threadbanned/forumbanned for this, but I really don't care at this point. Zephos, stop being a cunt.
    This will only get you banned unless you forever slice loose the Italian claim and fully embrace the English one where that word is kosher.
    This is your Sophie's Choice.

  14. #14094

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post

    EDIT: Kayla Chadwick, the writer of that article, just oozes with everything that pisses me off about the left. So goddamn moralizing. Just wanted to add that. Bet she's a vegan too. Bloody vegans.

    EDIT 2: I feel bad about the vegan thing. Some vegans are nice when they don't mention they're vegan, or tell you to be vegan. Those folk are okay. Not living to the fullest, but okay.
    You forgot to add "I have nothing against Buddhists but hate on "atheists"(or not necessarily) vegans for some reason".

  15. #14095
    Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    This will only get you banned unless you forever slice loose the Italian claim and fully embrace the English one where that word is kosher.
    This is your Sophie's Choice.
    Nah nah nah nah nah. Calling you that is not kosher. Take it with it's full-on meaning you smug bastard. Trust me, you've earned it.

    And what, should I scan my british passport, my italian id card, my japanese residence card? Will that shut you up? No it won't, you'll just claim it's someone else. Now will you please stop irking me if you literally have nothing to say?




    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    You forgot to add "I have nothing against Buddhists but hate on "atheists"(or not necessarily) vegans for some reason".
    Oh yes, I have nothing against buddhists other than the same distaste I have for all people who fully embrace religion. It's just... a confused 'but why???'. I guess they get a pass because they're vicariously vegan, not vegan by choice.

    Also, I thought buddhists were vegetarians, not vegans...

  16. #14096

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Alright, back on track people.
    No bans of any sort needed, imo, if we can all just take a chill pill.
    I think Afro's views are misguided, but he's a far cry from one of those howling right-wing rage machines.

    Further posts on the matter will be deleted.

  17. #14097

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Well, at least I now know it was a copypasta and not Zephos going insane or hacked.

    Was scratching my head at first.

  18. #14098

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    It's just... a confused 'but why???'. I guess they get a pass because they're vicariously vegan, not vegan by choice.
    Which is a retarded reason btw. And not even true. I don't understand what is making it a choice and not religion.

    This is the usual stupid argument we get though "yeah but I can't say a thing on Buddhists (or Jainisits who have been vegans for millennials btw) because I don't wanna be called a racist or whatever". You know, like people hating Muslims and their no-pork policy but give no fuck about people not eating pork because these animals are eating their own shit.
    Anyway, I can understand that lots of them are annoying because they're making it a tumblr thing.

  19. #14099
    Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    My Rightful Throne (not porcelain)

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Buddhists are vegetarian, not vegan, for the record.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  20. #14100

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    I really think it's funny that capitalism is to thank for getting healthcare through their job. Bitch, capitalism is to thank for having your job shipped overseas so that someone who learned your skills in a month can do it for 10 cents on the dollar


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts