+ Reply to Thread
Page 702 of 893 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 ... LastLast
Results 14,021 to 14,040 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    "When you're famous you can do anything."
    Says it all:

So, did he rape those women? how do we prove a rape btw?

He admitted to drugging them.

So many horrible deaths lately. :(

iran launches missiles into syria
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/18/mi...ria/index.html
    Things are getting better and better in Syria
    edition.cnn.com/2017/06/20/politics/us-syria-shoots-down-pro-regime-drone/index.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...-in-syria.html
    Last edited by firelord111; June 20th, 2017 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    So, did he rape those women? how do we prove a rape btw?
    Years later it is probably based on testimony for the most part and maybe establish a pattern with other victims. Also if drugs were used there is the possibility to trace it. If it a recent thing I think doctors can prove non-consensual sex due to lacerations or bruises.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    He admitted to drugging them.
    Why isn't he convicted then? Or did he just admit the drug and nothing else? like "yeah we did some drugs but the rest is BS" ?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Years later it is probably based on testimony for the most part and maybe establish a pattern with other victims. Also if drugs were used there is the possibility to trace it. If it a recent thing I think doctors can prove non-consensual sex due to lacerations or bruises.
    Sounds very hard to prove. I guess it's merely impossible to prove unless you undergo an examination right after the rape.

Why isn't he convicted then? Or did he just admit the drug and nothing else? like "yeah we did some drugs but the rest is BS" ?
    mistrial doesnt mean hes guilty or not, just that some jurors weren't convinced for whatever reason, so there isn't a verdict. He's going to be retried (i read) for other things related to this previous case

failure of the system basically

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    mistrial doesnt mean hes guilty or not, just that some jurors weren't convinced for whatever reason, so there isn't a verdict. He's going to be retried (i read) for other things related to this previous case

failure of the system basically
    oh, so it's something like the O.J. Simpson affair ? (yep, I've watched American Crime Story, and I'm bringing up the little knowledge I have about the justice system in the US)

You might as well ask why he wasn't exonerated. Because there was a mistrial and no conclusion was come to, there is going to be another trial.

Sounds very hard to prove. I guess it's merely impossible to prove unless you undergo an examination right after the rape.
    Yes sadly it is.

The weather reached 50 degrees in a south western and 52 in a south eastern province in Iran recently where people live

Seriously! Thankfully occasional rains are helping us survive out here

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40339730

49 degrees! And I thought the Asian subcontinent was bad enough
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

"global warming is fake "

So, the Venezuelan constitution has this nifty article, the 350th, that says that there are events that allow civil disobedience. Oppo radicals and medium class old ladies have been clamoring for the 350 ever since Chavez set up that constitution.

Oppo legislative corpse (not a typo) has finally declared 350. I hope this is as huge as the "cafetal old ladies" claimed so many years ago.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if in some old person way she is sort of still in a mentality from back during the aftermath of WW2 and early Cold War, when she grew up and became Queen and all that.
    She might have her own sort of highly developed sense of Britain being engaged and active as a part of Europe.

Or it's coincidence!

I'm pretty sure she's a Brexiteer so probably not.

She usually wears her full royal attire for this ceremony (I read), but in Brexit year she chose a blue dress with yellow flowers? No coincedence in my book.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

A terrorist attack occured near a mosque in north London on Monday. A imam of the mosque prevented an angry mob from assaulting the terrorist and had him arrested by local authorities.

Yesterday the Organization of American States held a meeting where they discussed resolving the ongoing crisis in Venezuela. Venezuelan Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez said the constituent assembly is the only peaceful solution to the crisis, she also calls those opposed to that approach to the problem "lapdogs of imperialism."

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information