+ Reply to Thread
Page 696 of 892 FirstFirst ... 196 596 646 686 694 695 696 697 698 706 746 796 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,920 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #13901

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    It's like Iran has to ally with anyone whoever Saudi throws away
    Someone attacked a church in Paris www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40178183
    Last edited by firelord111; June 6th, 2017 at 11:55 AM.

  2. #13902

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Like it wouldn't have been worse.
    Even going authoritarian in that direction rather than the current one, would be better.

  3. #13903
    ウサギ joekido the Second's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, my kind of place to be

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    From WTF just happened today, via Buzzfeed

    Kids are quoting Trump to bully their classmates.

    https://t.co/Yeowtvk6Ff
    And 30 years from now, parents will have a very arkward dinner discussion of that absurd man who tried to impose fear and how it left a sour taste to this day
    Currently writing a book

    https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

  4. #13904
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    And 30 years from now, parents will have a very arkward dinner discussion of that absurd man who tried to impose fear and how it left a sour taste to this day
    In all honestly, that's the thing I truly hate most about Trump becoming President. A loathsome man driven entirely by ego has, by becoming President, guaranteed he will always be talked about in some way or form and will go to his grave either not admitting or not caring that the majority of that remembrance will be negative.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  5. #13905

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    In all honestly, that's the thing I truly hate most about Trump becoming President. A loathsome man driven entirely by ego has, by becoming President, guaranteed he will always be talked about in some way or form and will go to his grave either not admitting or not caring that the majority of that remembrance will be negative.
    Trump cares very deeply about negative press and attention.

    So like the total opposite is true. This narcissist seeking constant validation and popularity has all but ensured he will be an immediate ranker in the bottom 3 Presidents of all time, if not the worst of all.

  6. #13906
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Trump cares very deeply about negative press and attention.

    So like the total opposite is true. This narcissist seeking constant validation and popularity has all but ensured he will be an immediate ranker in the bottom 3 Presidents of all time, if not the worst of all.
    And he responds to it by declaring it fake and refusing to acknowledge any negativity that could apply to him is worth merit
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  7. #13907

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    And he responds to it by declaring it fake and refusing to acknowledge any negativity that could apply to him is worth merit
    You really don't seem to understand what kind of head he's got. He's not some happy go lucky clueless person walking around in a bubble where everyone loves him. He's by all accounts chronically obsessed and stressed over his image and popularity.
    Even a temporary hit of lying to himself will give way to him chewing his leg like a nervous dog over his legacy.

  8. #13908

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    And he responds to it by declaring it fake and refusing to acknowledge any negativity that could apply to him is worth merit
    Which is a sign of how much it bothers him really; if he wasn't aware of the underlying truth of those criticisms, he wouldn't be constantly raging about them publicly on Twitter and privately to whoever is unfortunate enough to be around him at a given moment.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  9. #13909
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Which is a sign of how much it bothers him really; if he wasn't aware of the underlying truth of those criticisms, he wouldn't be constantly raging about them publicly on Twitter and privately to whoever is unfortunate enough to be around him at a given moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    You really don't seem to understand what kind of head he's got. He's not some happy go lucky clueless person walking around in a bubble where everyone loves him. He's by all accounts chronically obsessed and stressed over his image and popularity.
    Even a temporary hit of lying to himself will give way to him chewing his leg like a nervous dog over his legacy.
    I dunno. To me he generally comes off as wanting the spotlight and to be the center of attention. Everything else, such as how people take his efforts to get to the spotlight, is secondary. Like that kid who lashes out because ANY attention is better than NO attention.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  10. #13910

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    In today's news, a fucktard hit a cop on the chest with a hammer in the center of Paris. Dude got shot and is now hospitalized (both, the cop and the retarded fuck who yelled "This is for Syria!")
    Too bad I wasn't around, I would have kicked the dude like a hero and all (lol wtf am I saying).


    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Even going authoritarian in that direction rather than the current one, would be better.
    At least the current direction will take more time to unfold.

    How do you think Erdogan will (exactly?) go though? How do you think it's gonna be worst? Is he the new Bachar?
    btw, someone somewhere on this forum said you were a teacher. What is your field? your very precise field(s,?)


    In the end Erdogan is just one of those right-winger leaders who slightly, over time, turns into an authoritarian crap. Just like Poutine. And what Sarkozy would have been if he had been re-elected.


    Also, for some reason, during the putsch the soldiers had the chance to take down Erdogan's plain but didn't......
    Last edited by Nilitch; June 6th, 2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: wannabe hero

  11. #13911

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    I dunno. To me he generally comes off as wanting the spotlight and to be the center of attention. Everything else, such as how people take his efforts to get to the spotlight, is secondary. Like that kid who lashes out because ANY attention is better than NO attention.
    Well... he just seems like a typical narcissist to me. Yeah, he can fool himself into thinking that he's infallible as long as he's the president. But that position won't last forever, and someday he's just going to be a regular citizen again, if not a convict before that. Narcissists can only believe in their perfect fantasy world as long as they can find overwhelming evidence in the real world for their make believe stature. Once that gives way, and it always does, they collapse in on themselves.

    There's a reason that people with NPD ultimately cut all of their family out of their lives and can't sustain close relationships. The longer/better you get to know them, the more their faults become apparent, and they can't live with people who remind them of their faults.

  12. #13912

  13. #13913

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Hey, I don't follow Nigel Farage, but general consensus is that he's a dick right? Well, yeah, if I only had today to learn, I think he's a dick. Turns out he's tossing the idea of Muslim Interment Camps around.

    Thankfully no one seems on board with him, but yeah regardless, how dare he.

  14. #13914

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    I can't tell if this is real lol. We live in such weird times.

    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughin...hern-baptists/

  15. #13915

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I can't tell if this is real lol. We live in such weird times.

    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughin...hern-baptists/
    Click the first link in the story.

    Spoiler:
    It's satire.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  16. #13916

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Click the first link in the story.

    Spoiler:
    It's satire.
    Ah. Oh well. I rarely click on extra links in a story lol.

  17. #13917

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Ah. Oh well. I rarely click on extra links in a story lol.
    I think that's the point they were making,how over-reliance on what media say instead of asking for citations.Either they link to "is this satire" page,or other satire articles themselves.An interesting web
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

  18. #13918

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Isis attacks parliament in tehran first isis attack in iran
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7776631.html

  19. #13919

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    So Pentagon is on a huge firefighting mode now over the Qatar thing.There are reports that a hacking of the Qatar state run media,which is supposed to have "caused" the entire thing,is "reported" to may have been caused by Russians.

    Yes,because POTUS tweeting and almost threatening and defaming Qatar does not exist,and that there wasn't already strained relationships between them.

    And would you look at that co-incidence,Qatar is kicked out and ISIS attacks Iran Parliament.nothing strange going on at all.

    And i think Iran has 1 neighbour who has plenty of experience attacking it's neighbours parliaments.Who is seemingly being very stupid
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

  20. #13920

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    right now most people say saudi arabia did this so all i hope is this wont lead to disaster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts