+ Reply to Thread
Page 695 of 893 FirstFirst ... 195 595 645 685 693 694 695 696 697 705 745 795 ... LastLast
Results 13,881 to 13,900 of 17849

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #13881

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    btw, why is Trump called a racist? like racist against black people? It's okay to call him islamophobic, racist against mexicans and latinos or even arabs but why against black people? I don't remember him saying something against them. Or I'm dumb i don't know.


    I understand the populist part, but I'm an ignorant when it comes to economy. I don't know if it's hard to grasp or if I am just overcomplicating it myself tbh.
    The crisis Venezuela is going through is very recent right? So, is this because Chavez's reforms weren't made for the long run? is this only because of oil? Why was a putsch attempted in 2002? Is the US involved in this mess? How did distributing food and medicine led to the collapse of the government?

    Anyway, I'm currently reading and listening journalists and specialists on the matter. I'll be less ignorant in a day or two I guess.
    His housing related bullshit that purposely discriminated against black people. His clearly racist views on black people in.general. He assumes we all live in the ghetto. And one of the reasons why he put Carson in charge of a department he is the most unsuited for.

  2. #13882

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Furisu View Post
    How are people like that still allowed to be in office? smh
    Because a.segment of this country loves people being openly offensive so long as they're not the recipients of the vitriol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  3. #13883

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    Truce, buddy.
    Sure, it seems like there's finally something we kind of agree on, even though the subject has been reduced to a triviality. In the end, in all honestly, I highly doubt the push to define racism unidirectionally has much to do with a lack of words like "blackist..." that seems like a gross reduction of the intent behind such a change. But if to you personally this all comes down to a simple vocabulary gap (even though it's perfectly possible already to be as specific as desired), then a new term is fine in my book... as opposed to the complete redefinition of an existing one.

    But just to be clear, the only reason I felt the urge to get involved to begin with was how fervently you were trying to discredit the video in every possible way, with what I felt were downright absurd arguments like the physics claim (I mean come on) and crying "hypocrisy!" with no basis. Would've been different if you just argued against the video's claims (which I think you greatly misunderstood), rather than dramatically and unsoundly try to dismantle its integrity. I still would have disagreed with you, but I wouldn't have felt like I was debating a caricature villain. I feel like it took several iterations of multiple people arguing against you before you reshaped your point/concern into something somewhat defensible, at which point it was still at best something you had trouble articulating precisely or succinctly.

    I hope you understand that I'm not saying any of this to insult you or keep picking a bone, but just to explain where I'm coming from. Your posts have implied that I have something personal against you, as if I'm coming after you unfairly or for no reason, but maybe you could try to understand my perspective above for why I reacted the way I did (and will continue to do in the future, if similar situations arise, whether or not you're involved).

  4. #13884

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Sure, it seems like there's finally something we kind of agree on, even though the subject has been reduced to a triviality. In the end, in all honestly, I highly doubt the push to define racism unidirectionally has much to do with a lack of words like "blackist..." that seems like a gross reduction of the intent behind such a change. But if to you personally this all comes down to a simple vocabulary gap (even though it's perfectly possible already to be as specific as desired), then a new term is fine in my book... as opposed to the complete redefinition of an existing one.

    But just to be clear, the only reason I felt the urge to get involved to begin with was how fervently you were trying to discredit the video in every possible way, with what I felt were downright absurd arguments like the physics claim (I mean come on) and crying "hypocrisy!" with no basis. Would've been different if you just argued against the video's claims (which I think you greatly misunderstood), rather than dramatically and unsoundly try to dismantle its integrity. I still would have disagreed with you, but I wouldn't have felt like I was debating a caricature villain. I feel like it took several iterations of multiple people arguing against you before you reshaped your point/concern into something somewhat defensible, at which point it was still at best something you had trouble articulating precisely or succinctly.

    I hope you understand that I'm not saying any of this to insult you or keep picking a bone, but just to explain where I'm coming from. Your posts have implied that I have something personal against you, as if I'm coming after you unfairly or for no reason, but maybe you could try to understand my perspective above for why I reacted the way I did (and will continue to do in the future, if similar situations arise, whether or not you're involved).
    I understand your position even if I still completely disagree about your assessment of pretty much all of what I had to say. I do really think that my main point didn't change at all from beginning to end. I won't deny that I'm not always the best at writing my thoughts succinctly, but I did really try my best to explain my perspective... and unfortunately I still think that you don't really understand where I was coming from because I don't really think that more vocabulary is the solution.

    Anyway. I'm putting it to rest here.

  5. #13885

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    I do love it when you all play nice with each other

  6. #13886
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Wolfwood nods in satisfaction as he watches over the AP hamsters squeaking respectfully to eachother.
    Hidden:



  7. #13887

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    A stab at the kind of people who belives that any and all political action is CIA or KGB inspired:

    https://www.caracaschronicles.com/20...oubles-maduro/

    We are not puppets. The idea that the only reason a hungry and betrayed people would rise is because "the CIA said so" is so stupid and patronizing that I wish to spit on the faces of those who belive it.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  8. #13888

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    "America did it!!!!!!!" is basically a core feature when certain segments of the American left talk about things happening in Latin America (and the middle east and sometimes Africa).

    See also: the dumbshits claiming that Hillary Clinton masterminded the coup in Honduras because apparently it's still 1970.

  9. #13889

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    And don't forget that Obama did the putsch in Turkey. But intentionally failed so that Erdogan could strengthen his power.


    btw, we now know that Erdogan was told a Coup was being plot around noon by his Secret Service but just skipped it, because he thought it was horseshit.

  10. #13890

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    And don't forget that Obama did the putsch in Turkey. But intentionally failed so that Erdogan could strengthen his power.


    btw, we now know that Erdogan was told a Coup was being plot around noon by his Secret Service but just skipped it, because he thought it was horseshit.
    I wish that putsch had succeeded.

  11. #13891

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    So why Qatar got isolated all of a sudden

  12. #13892

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    I confess I tuned this portion of the thread out at "IMPERIALIST MEDIA". I dunno there are just certain things that, once said unironically, destroy my ability to take the speaker seriously.
    Unless that statement was directed at pre-WWII media of pretty much any nation, or current North Korea, of course.

  13. #13893

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    That's the current (and eternal) editorial line of the Venezuelan government. They blame all their economical blunders (price regulations on an ungodly amount of products, from gas to bread, to the forceful takeover of working land and industries to reduce them to empty spaces) to the "economic war". That means " I don't understand or care that people can't and wont produce or sell bellow profit point, and market distortion are poison for everything"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  14. #13894

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    lol, wat
    The BBC just went full North Korea to protect the government from the Corbyn surge [IMAGES]




    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I wish that putsch had succeeded.
    Like it wouldn't have been worse. But yeah, I wished that something would have changed during the night too.


    Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    So why Qatar got isolated all of a sudden
    Because Trmp asked them too maybe.
    Last edited by Nilitch; June 6th, 2017 at 03:52 AM.

  15. #13895

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    http://runrun.es/rr-es-plus/306415/i...venezuela.html

    Only Spanish. List of victims of the latest round of protests. Some protesters, some looters, some state security, some bystanders.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  16. #13896
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Still trying to climb Wano's waterfall

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    http://runrun.es/rr-es-plus/306415/i...venezuela.html

    Only Spanish. List of victims of the latest round of protests. Some protesters, some looters, some state security, some bystanders.
    Portuguese media have been extensively covering what's going on over there. Really nasty stuff. Thousands of portuguese migrants and even their descendents born and raised in Venezuela have returned to Portugal in the last few months and more are expected to come. Madeira's regional govt. has already increased its budget in order to help accomodate the returned people from over there. My father once lived there as well, so we feel pretty bad for the state of your country.

    It's really sad when it's these kinds of rulers who "represent" the left in the international scene. No wonder we're seeing less and less leftist parties in governments around the world now. It's hard to defend my political views when most of the time it's tyrannical idiots who end up flying socialism banners around the world...

  17. #13897

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    So why Qatar got isolated all of a sudden
    From what i can tell,this is the result of a long-standing dispute between the gulf countries.

    Apparently Qatar finances Muslim Brotherhood and other terrorists that are harmful to the Gulf countries.Plus they have been getting closer to Iran and don't treat it as overtly hostile.And of course they have a very powerful media outlet,Al-Jazeera who is not shy to air Saudi and Dubai's dirty laundry.

    It is unclear but quite likely Qatar would move closer to Iran now that this has happened.But of course they also have a large american base there,so it's all a bit chaotic
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

  18. #13898

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Sad but true. At least the migrant families (mine included) had a place to go and be midly confortable. I'm an hermit so I can get confortable anywhere, my parents aren't faring so well.

    Also, with Lefts and Rights, there's the mindnumbing idea that is an Exclusive Or, I'm unconfortable by many of the more hawkish practices of private healthcare, but not because that I'd want the goverment to handle food production and distribution, or basic services.

    The fact that funerary services aren't public ventures is mindbogling to me, waaay too much opportunity to extort.

    Way too many efforts are made in "keeping my legacy" or "bringing down what came before because it's WRONG", build things like code, as modular, independent and replaceable as possible, change is inevitable, embrace it and move on.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  19. #13899
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    From WTF just happened today, via Buzzfeed

    Kids are quoting Trump to bully their classmates.

    https://t.co/Yeowtvk6Ff
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  20. #13900

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

    Qatar is a cesspool of horrifying human rights violations, and one of the few places on earth that practices a form of slavery.
    So no sympathies goes out to them getting called out.

    However, it feels more than a tad hypocritical coming from Saudi of all places.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts