+ Reply to Thread
Page 692 of 893 FirstFirst ... 192 592 642 682 690 691 692 693 694 702 742 792 ... LastLast
Results 13,821 to 13,840 of 17849

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II: is racism racist?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Now i know one shouldn't expect too much sense out of violent fanatics. But i've always found it strange how they can theologically reconcile making these attacks during what is, atleast as i understand it, one of (if not the) most sacred time of the year for muslims during which you are supposed to focus on self-improvement and good deeds. But i guess it's framed as a "good deed", or fighting back or whatever.
    Yes. The extremist rhetoric is that everyone, including civilians and even Muslims living in a country "at war" with ISIS is considered a combatant, and yes it is probably being framed as a good deed. Honestly, it takes SO MUCH HATE to entirely miss the volumes of teachings regarding care, compassion, and sacredness of human life in Islam that it's utterly astonishing that these people can arrive at such a conclusion. I mean, little girls attending a music concert?!?!? >___<
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    It's such a burden, honestly. It's mentally exhausting having to be shocked by these attacks as much as everyone else and then basically have to reassure everyone you know like "I'm a normal one, guys!" lol.
    "Normal" being of very important emphasis here. Normal as in the vast majority and just like you, lol.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    "Normal" being of very important emphasis here. Normal as in the vast majority and just like you, lol.
    Personally I've noticed that whenever I write up something on Facebook condemning terrorism or even explaining things about Islam I'm getting a lot more folks of other faiths on my friends list liking/commenting on it. It's kinda given me the impression that people want to understand Islam and Muslims and do look to their Muslim peers more than before for some sort of reassurance that like, "hey, these people are alright!"

So, though it's sort of a role that more and more Muslims are finding themselves in, I'm still optimistic that most people can differentiate between extremists and regular folks.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    I mean, little girls attending a music concert?!?!? >___<
    Just an FYI,isn't music considered bad in Islam?At least that's what many believes here in India,though like many things(Triple Talaq)Muslims here take Shariat as equal to Quran.

I also saw that in UAE music concerts were being organised for the first time on an experimental basis.Of course,Sufism exists also so this is very contradicting
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    Just an FYI,isn't music considered bad in Islam?At least that's what many believes here in India,though like many things(Triple Talaq)Muslims here take Shariat as equal to Quran.

I also saw that in UAE music concerts were being organised for the first time on an experimental basis.Of course,Sufism exists also so this is very contradicting
    There's differing opinions on it, so no it's not outright considered bad.

Edit: we should move to the religion thread if we're gonna discuss Islam as a religion
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=44600

If anyone has questions, you're welcome to ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
    Hidden:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cal-motivation

NO, The Guardian, he wasn't a "venezuelan judge", he's the venezuelan judge that RIGHTFULLY incarcerated Leopoldo López, and now he got murdered. This should be in the title.

The "venezuelan opposition" are terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cal-motivation

NO, The Guardian, he wasn't a "venezuelan judge", he's the venezuelan judge that RIGHTFULLY incarcerated Leopoldo López, and now he got murdered. This should be in the title.

The "venezuelan opposition" are terrorists.
    Says who?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

https://globalfreedomofexpression.co...eopoldo-lopez/

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/28/am...eopoldo-lopez/
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    http://www.telesurtv.net/news/Leopol...0218-0053.html

All IMPERIALIST MEDIA does is report every single statement made by a Venezuelan oppositor, yet remains silent on everything else.

Are you another Venezuelan? Because if you aren't, maxterdexter has a much better idea of what it's like in Venezuela than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truth View Post
    Are you another Venezuelan? Because if you aren't, maxterdexter has a much better idea of what it's like in Venezuela than you do.
    No, I was born in Brazil. I don't need to be venezuelan to know how the Latin-American U.S. backed right-wings operate, though, mind you.

Specially a venezuelan that's constantly linking to IMPERIALIST MEDIA such as CNN.

Known CIA stooge media, motherfuckin' CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Known CIA stooge media, motherfuckin' CNN.
    Before you keep irrationally mocking me, a video of Leopoldo López explaining how he and Capriles kidnapped Rodriguez Chacin during the 2002 U.S. backed failed coup d'etat in Venezuela.

Saying "Leopoldo López" is a political prisoner is not knowing what you are talking about or blatantly lying. Which is what IMPERIALIST MEDIA does.

No, I was born in Brazil. I don't need to be venezuelan to know how the Latin-American U.S. backed right-wings operate, though, mind you.

Specially a venezuelan that's constantly linking to IMPERIALIST MEDIA such as CNN.
    Are you one of those that thinks Moro is a CIA agent as well?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Are you one of those that thinks Moro is a CIA agent as well?
    A CIA agent? no, what's that absurdity? HOWEVER that he was trained in the U.S. as were most of the brazilian coupists is A FACT.

http://www.pragmatismopolitico.com.b...rgio-moro.html

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    What we're talking about, calling racism...racism, is not about putting all racism on equal ground though. It's about getting on common ground, identifying a problem and calling it what it is. It's to make sure racist behavior is not...minimized. Beyond that, recognizing the different effects of racism and the underlying problem shadowing America like a inner demon, systematic racism, and how that extends to the legitimate problem of how racism adversely affects certain groups more than others is a discussion on top of that discussion.
    Which is what I've been arguing from post 1; it's never going to sink in. I want to know what's so important about rigidifying that one word to ignore its self-evident definition instead of just using more descriptive or specific terms when needed. I want to know how it's going to enlighten people instead of just creating more misunderstandings and more rifts, drawing specific distinctions between what label can go where and actually dividing up the problem instead of the professed emphasis on the fact that it's all inextricable. Indeed as MK already exhaustively wrote, it fails to account for the vast types and manifestations of racism; it is rather selfishly rooted in a single racial problem to highlight. It would also have one think that the bolded part of my quote is impossible otherwise, because you don't educate or convince people through intelligent contextual discussion but rather by hammering contrived definitions down people's throats. And why hasn't this exact same way of thinking been applied to other highly loaded terms like slavery? There are no goblins jumping in my face to lecture me that a white guy chained in a basement cannot, by definition, be a slave.

The way I see it, the only people making these types of arguments are the ones more interested in being right or being outraged than in making any sort of progress. A statement like "black people cannot be racist" is everything it should not be. It is confrontational. Unyielding. Dealing in absolutes. It is not the sort of thing one says when wanting an open dialogue, but rather when wanting to feel morally and intellectually superior and condescending. It's rather like saying "if Bernie isn't the Democratic representative, I'm voting Trump." Moreover it will easily cause selective hearing and interpretation where minorities feel justified and exonerated in violence towards whites because "they can't be racist." It's counterproductive in every way I can possibly think of. It actually kind of sickens me that this is the kind of shit people espouse over their $50 steak dinners and feel good about themselves as they drive their Mercedes home past a kid getting the shit kicked out of them in the street, not even taking notice because they're too busy writing tomorrow's lecture in their head. "I'll blow those privileged college students' minds," they think, cracking a smug smile.

I'm not interested in debating this anymore though; it's driving me nuts. You all can feel free to argue against me if it helps you sleep at night but I don't care enough to keep going. It's abundantly evident that nobody's changing their mind here.
    Last edited by Foolio; June 4th, 2017 at 05:38 PM.

For all North Americans currently wondering if moronic conspiracy theorist niche media-cultist populist drones are just a right-wing thing in these Trump stink days.... and that surely there cannot exist a left-wing flavor...

Behold!

The term slavery probably isn't so loaded anymore because of the Emancipation Proclamation. And you're definitely not hearing what I'm saying if you think I'm more concerned about being right than having a meaningful conversation about moving society forward in its understanding of racial prejudice at every level.

Also... what college sociology professor is eating a $50 steak for dinner and driving a Mercedes, lol?

Broccoli are you heartbroken that comrade Putin has decided that right-wing Useful Idiots are more useful than left-wing Useful Idiots these past few years?
    Are you feeling neglected by sempai, and planning out catty mean girl plots to dump pig's blood on that right-wing populism bitch's head at the prom?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    For all North Americans currently wondering if moronic conspiracy theorist niche media-cultist populist drones are just a right-wing thing in these Trump stink days.... and that surely there cannot exist a left-wing flavor...

Behold!
    In case you haven't noticed, I've been ignoring all your posts and will continue to do so, since all you can do is insult, mock, and surprisingly get away with it all.

Hasta luego.

In case you haven't noticed, I've been ignoring all your posts and will continue to do so, since all you can do is insult, mock, and surprisingly get away with it all.

Hasta luego.
    Can you at least say anything to defend your point? Like, is there anything that is mostly good on the Left-Wing government of Venezuela?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information