+ Reply to Thread
Page 685 of 893 FirstFirst ... 185 585 635 675 683 684 685 686 687 695 735 785 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,700 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #13681
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    You're being apologetic and defending bigots and their views by cherry picking trivial incidents, as if that evens the playing field.
    Honestly, I find these snarky form of bigotry more harmful than openly confrontational bigots who mark themselves easy targets.
    I am not defending anyone? I really don't know what you mean aohige? Which bigot am I defending?

  2. #13682
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    More like: "Everyone has the right to free speech and can literally say whatever they want. Some people will find that it is not that fun to share their opinions before they've really thought them through because other people will use their free speech to let them know that they're pretty stupid."
    I like to think of it as "free speech is not the same thing as consequence free speech." No amount of free speech prevents people from calling out something they disagree with or think foolish.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  3. #13683
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    More like: "Everyone has the right to free speech and can literally say whatever they want. Some people will find that it is not that fun to share their opinions before they've really thought them through because other people will use their free speech to let them know that they're pretty stupid."
    You're dragging it on.

    I took it, I said Zephos was right, I should have thought it out. Case closed. I'll think it out more next time.

    Yea, if free speech lets anyone look like an idiot, it's ok. As long as people can say it. You can label me as an idiot and then say "you don't have the right to speak" but then you have taken my freedom. Does it not have an authoritarian trait?

  4. #13684

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Problem is... no one said that.

  5. #13685

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I am not defending anyone? I really don't know what you mean aohige? Which bigot am I defending?
    You are defending the far right, bringing in view your hate of liberals, anti-fascist ideologies, and "a black man who killed whites" to somehow trivialize your political alignment's destructiveness to the civil liberties. Some individual gone out of control at riots do not even the playing field against systematic racism. A civilian gone postal is not put on the same pedestal as a corruption in law enforcement. etc, etc.

  6. #13686
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    You are defending the far right,
    I am politically neutral and have never voted for any leader. Liberals in current day will look at my skin colour (white) and call me a racist, whereas conservatives don't. That's the only comparison I'm bringing up.

    bringing in view your hate of liberals, anti-fascist ideologies,
    I don't hate liberals, just don't try point out liberals these days are fighting racism with racism is all I'm frustrated about.

    and "a black man who killed whites" to somehow trivialize your political alignment's destructiveness to the civil liberties.
    I am not a racist, for christ sake Aohige.

    I have no political alignment. I have just seen a bigger reaction when someone black gets killed by a white. I just found a really bad example.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    Problem is... no one said that.
    Yea there was. Here.

    I might get things wrong, but I am not an idiot. You guys comment and I read and think about what I've said wrong and learn from it.

    What this comment looks like is "You're an idiot, I can't stand what you are saying you need to shut up!" I am sure there are many idiots that say the same stupid thing, if you're going around trying to shut everyone up because you think they're stupid, it really is authoritarian.

  7. #13687

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Yea there was. Here.

    I might get things wrong, but I am not an idiot. You guys comment and I read and think about what I've said wrong and learn from it.

    What this comment looks like is "You're an idiot, I can't stand what you are saying you need to shut up!" I am sure there are many idiots that say the same stupid thing, if you're going around trying to shut everyone up because you think they're stupid, it really is authoritarian.
    You haven't been thread banned. No one is saying that you don't have the right to post in this thread or anywhere else on the forums. You're literally getting your undies in a bunch over people disagreeing with you and perhaps using some harsh words to say so.

    Really, if anything, it's the people (even senior members) who are using inflammatory language who are closest to getting reprimanded by the moderators. That's not something you should be worried about. What you should be worried about is coming off as someone who doesn't know anything and is too sensitive to criticism, to boot. If you really want to prove to people that you aren't an idiot, then try to read through these responses more carefully before repeatedly saying that we are suppressing your right to free speech.

  8. #13688

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I am politically neutral and have never voted for any leader. Liberals in current day will look at my skin colour (white) and call me a racist, whereas conservatives don't. That's the only comparison I'm bringing up.



    I don't hate liberals, just don't try point out liberals these days are fighting racism with racism is all I'm frustrated about.



    I am not a racist, for christ sake Aohige.

    I have no political alignment. I have just seen a bigger reaction when someone black gets killed by a white. I just found a really bad example.
    Fair enough. You may want to consider your choices of words then, you did come across as a typical apologist.
    If you just wish to condemn individuals, do not use them as prime representatives of ideologies and counter-examples against a much larger problem.

  9. #13689
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    You haven't been thread banned. No one is saying that you don't have the right to post in this thread or anywhere else on the forums. You're literally getting your undies in a bunch over people disagreeing with you and perhaps using some harsh words to say so.

    Really, if anything, it's the people (even senior members) who are using inflammatory language who are closest to getting reprimanded by the moderators. That's not something you should be worried about. What you should be worried about is coming off as someone who doesn't know anything and is too sensitive to criticism, to boot. If you really want to prove to people that you aren't an idiot, then try to read through these responses more carefully before repeatedly saying that we are suppressing your right to free speech.
    I was only angry when zephos when he said I have the right to say something but it doesn't mean you're allowed to.

    I am a lover of criticism. I took the criticism like a champ but people think I am being butt hurt, I quoted myself from really early on.

    I am fine with Zephos saying the story is unrelated and a stupid comparison. I never tried to defend it, I just thought he was correct and bad on my part.
    I took it, I said Zephos was right, I should have thought it out. Case closed. I'll think it out more next time.

  10. #13690

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I was only angry when zephos when he said I have the right to say something but it doesn't mean you're allowed to.
    No, that's not what he said. He said you can say whatever you want, but you shouldn't.
    Because well, it's stupid to say stupid things if you can refrain it.

    That applies to all of us. It's not a matter of if you are allowed to, it's a matter of self-restraint from making a fool of yourself.


    It's like sipping the elitist tea and telling someone you're a plebeian unfit to sit at my table, but I'm not gonna remove you from it. lol

  11. #13691
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    No, that's not what he said. He said you can say whatever you want, but you shouldn't.
    Because well, it's stupid to say stupid things if you can refrain it.

    That applies to all of us. It's not a matter of if you are allowed to, it's a matter of self-restraint from making a fool of yourself.


    It's like sipping the elitist tea and telling someone you're a plebeian unfit to sit at my table, but I'm not gonna remove you from it. lol
    I'm trying to link these ways of thinking to actual situations.

    That's the problem I see in for example Berkely, the liberals on that campus believe in free speech, but when a conservative speaker comes, they need to resort to violence to stop that speaker from speaking.

    "you can say whatever you want, but you shouldn't"
    The conservative speakers can say what they want but they shouldn't because people believe those speakers ideologies are stupid and radical. Even if what those people say is radical to your own political stance they should be allowed to speak but only as long as they don't infringe on any laws like inciting violence by telling people for example "I want you to go harm/kill x people", which if any of the speakers did, they should be arrested and taken care of.

    There are people that pay for these speakers to come, people with a different stance in a politics (in this case conservative), yet it turns into a violent riot. The person hasn't even said or done anything illegal. People are just making up their own rules and not working in laws and infringing on the freedom on the speakers and their rights.

    They claim to stop fascism, but they are using communism and fascism to stop the opposing political ideas.
    It just concerns me that these people will go forward to these lengths and swear to prevent anyone out of their ideologies from getting a word out even if violence is necessary.

  12. #13692

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    That has nothing to do with telling someone their opinion is dumb and unwanted on a forum.
    He has the right to say that, just as you have the right to reject it.

    Someone didn't like your opinions and your feelings are hurt. That's... all there is.
    By projecting it to right of free speech and fascism, you're making a stereotypical internet "my feelings are hurt therefore these meanies are impeding my rights" post, and yes, it does make you look "butthurt" regardless of whether your criticism against elitist forum poster is correct or not.
    They are not mutually exclusive.

    For the record I do NOT agree with insinuating your political comment to be unfit for discussion, and I agree with you that it was unnecessary.
    Debunking/arguing your claims and/or opinions is all that needed to be said.
    But you're spinning this shit way out of proportion by crying about your civil rights being violated, or comparing it to violent riots.

  13. #13693
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    That has nothing to do with telling someone their opinion is dumb and unwanted on a forum.
    He has the right to say that, just as you have the right to reject it.
    It doesn't go against any forum rules, you can just ignore it.

    Someone didn't like your opinions and your feelings are hurt. That's... all there is.
    Link me to my feelings hurt. Facts don't hurt my feelings.

    By projecting it to right of free speech and fascism, you're making a stereotypical internet "my feelings are hurt therefore these meanies are impeding my rights" post, and yes, it does make you look "butthurt" regardless of whether your criticism against elitist forum poster is correct or not.
    I projected right to Fascism, wait what?

    I never complained about what Zephos counter to my comment Aohige, infact I never even challenged it and agreed. Why am I butt hurt for agreeing? He said I am not allowed to post here even though I have that freedom, if he never said that I wouldn't have said a thing.

    For the record I do NOT agree with insinuating your political comment to be unfit for discussion, and I agree with you that it was unnecessary.
    Debunking/arguing your claims and/or opinions is all that needed to be said.
    Never disagreed?

    you're spinning this shit way out of proportion by crying about your civil rights being violated, or comparing it to violent riots.
    Aohige, sorry, YOU are the one spinning this way out of proportion. I've already said Zephos was right and I was wrong on that article point, but somehow that translates to my feelings are hurt. Obviously this type of translation is not your field.

    I agreed with a forum member straight away and you're attacking me, you make me pull my hair out as to how frustrating you are being.

  14. #13694

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I am politically neutral... Liberals in current day will look at my skin colour (white) and call me a racist
    ...

    ...

    ...

    'Kay.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  15. #13695

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Uh, you're the one that keeps spewing "dem liberals" BS non-stop and pretending to be victimized when it's pointed out.
    This passive-aggressive "playing the victim" crap needs to stop if you want to be taken seriously.

    He said I am not allowed to post here
    Except he didn't, and we have been pointing that out to you the entire last 2 pages FFS.

  16. #13696
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Uh, you're the one that keeps spewing "dem liberals" BS non-stop and pretending to be victimized when it's pointed out.
    This passive-aggressive "playing the victim" crap needs to stop if you want to be taken seriously.



    Except he didn't, and we have been pointing that out to you the entire last 2 pages FFS.
    It is a problem on the left,even Zephos said this
    There are lots of very stupid people in the internet left that don't really understand the good points and ideas they support, many of them simply never actually thinking about them beyond BAD or GOOD.*
    However what I'll never ever understand is how the far stupider reaction them is apparently to literally embrace racism.
    Im not playing victim, i just pointed that the left, not the right is generalizing white people to all be privileged and the common trend these days is white people, especially males are racist and misogynistic. For you to deny that is ignorance.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    https://youtu.be/B1y6uMklRh0

  17. #13697

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    You still don't get it.

    The problem isn't the liberal agenda or extremists, it's you correlating your own treatment on this forum with it, painting yourself a martyr and a victim.
    What happened in this forum has nothing to do with it.

    But it seems I'm talking to a brick wall.

    Im not playing victim
    Yes you are, as you keep insisting:
    He said I am not allowed to post here
    When we have repeatedly told you that is false, then you keep making comparison to "extremist left violating our civil rights" with your predicament.

    How the hell do you not see this hypocrisy and complete denials.

  18. #13698
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    You still don't get it.

    The problem isn't the liberal agenda or extremists, it's you correlating your own treatment on this forum with it, painting yourself a martyr and a victim.
    What happened in this forum has nothing to do with it.

    But it seems I'm talking to a brick wall.



    Yes you are, as you keep insisting:


    When we have repeatedly told you that is false, then you keep making comparison to "extremist left violating our civil rights" with your predicament.

    How the hell do you not see this hypocrisy and complete denials.
    I have changed the topic and you going back to previous arguments, can you stop dragging this on?You gave some stupid nonsensical analogy about elitist tea and plebians.

    Im talking to an iron wall, discussions go both ways Aohige. You haven't acknowledged the fact that liberals are shutting down conservative speakers but thats ok to you.
    You haven't condoned racism against whites these days by the stupid. This is becoming all too common.

    But im for letting anyone speak and have no one infringe on their rights and stopping racism but im the racist fascist, not you.

  19. #13699

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    lol, why have the mods even allowed him to post on this thread again ? Did he call a lawyer or something?

  20. #13700

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Im talking to an iron wall, discussions go both ways Aohige.You haven't acknowledged the fact that liberals are shutting down conservative speakers but thats ok to you.
    You haven't condoned racism against whites these days by the stupid. This is becoming all too common.

    But im for letting anyone speak and have no one infringe on their rights and stopping racism but im the racist fascist, not you.
    Jesus Christ, listen to yourself. This is exactly what I'm talking about.
    You're not being violated of anything here, you're just being a crybaby about nothing.
    You keep digging your own grave by repeatedly doing exactly what you claim about not doing.

    Those "extremist lefties who shuts us down" has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS FORUM.
    Get over your inflated ego and passive aggressive matyr syndrome you twat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts