+ Reply to Thread
Page 684 of 893 FirstFirst ... 184 584 634 674 682 683 684 685 686 694 734 784 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,680 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #13661
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    This is seriously the dumbest thing.

    Why ask militias who are typically racists to protect anything related to the government?

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_fbl
    Because Republicans, that's why.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  2. #13662
    UNTITLED xan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somwhere around the Indus Valley

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph...daily-chart-11

    Hanging out with Syria, Iraq and Nigeria ermm okay this is awkward

    Edit: Yeah I call BS on this graph
    Last edited by xan; May 31st, 2017 at 08:19 AM.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

  3. #13663

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph...daily-chart-11

    Hanging out with Syria, Iraq and Nigeria ermm okay this is awkward

    Edit: Yeah I call BS on this graph
    Why?clearly Britain and Germany are more hostile to religious freedom than China,where you can't sport beards,can't name your child Muhammad and various other measures to boost religious tolerance.
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

  4. #13664
    UNTITLED xan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somwhere around the Indus Valley

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    Why?clearly Britain and Germany are more hostile to religious freedom than China,where you can't sport beards,can't name your child Muhammad and various other measures to boost religious tolerance.
    Understandably China is higher in the x axis due to their said restrictions. It's the y axis which is ridiculously illogical
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

  5. #13665

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post


    Black man kills cop and 7 other people in Mississippi

    We have a black man kill a cop and 7 other people but his colour isn't at all mentioned nor the victims.

    Why are you assuming a racist motive, you don't even know the races of the victim, compared to the blatant prejudice motive involved in the Portland killings.
    Oh look, most of the victims were people he knew and were related to.
    Just because the moderation allowed you to keep posting in these threads again, doesn't mean you're fit to do so.

    But the article or the page doesn't mention the word black lives matter or the word black for that matter.
    Because none of those things have anything to do with it, nor are hinted at even possibly being involved.

    There's a lot of white cop generalisations and riots conducted, trying to shut down police.
    Ah, there's that "Foreigner talking about America like its a cartoon show." thing I've missed. Shut down the police indeed, lol.

    Could this have been a factor? I don't know
    Then why the fuck are you running your mouth again.

    If it's a white man killing a black, everything mentions race.
    You could probably dig up some story of a white guy killing a black guy in a drug deal in Detroit or something that no one cares about, because it's rare that the demographics cross paths in that way to produce non-racial killings on the part of white people. But the Hanna Barbera version of America you perceive doesn't have boring things like crime statistics and demographic information. It has Afro wearing sambos attacking brave white police fortresses from the backs of zebras.

  6. #13666
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Just because the moderation allowed you to keep posting in these threads again, doesn't mean you're fit to do so.
    So basically anyone that has something to say that you don't like needs to stay away.

    Basically "Even if you have the right to free speech, you're not allowed to". I wonder why trump supporters don't like people with that attitude. Fascism in its form.

    You could probably dig up some story of a white guy killing a black guy in a drug deal in Detroit or something that no one cares about, because it's rare that the demographics cross paths in that way to produce non-racial killings on the part of white people. But the Hanna Barbera version of America you perceive doesn't have boring things like crime statistics and demographic information. It has Afro wearing sambos attacking brave white police fortresses from the backs of zebras.
    I really don't understand how you're a teacher when you don't even make any sense.

  7. #13667

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    So basically anyone that has something to say that you don't like needs to stay away.
    You post irritating boneheaded garbage with the bare minimum basis in actual facts. The most cowardly modern trend is people who have nothing to say except for lazy low content ignorance, complaining that *SHOCK* people want them to shut up, and trying to pretend the reason people want them to shut up is that people just can't take their sizzling hot takes.

    Describe exactly what you've added by wondering why a black man who killed mostly a bunch of his also black relatives isn't being reported on as racially motivated murder. A story you clearly did exactly zero research on whatsoever, like the bare minimum googling was apparently just too much to ask.

    How a minor nothing story like this even reached you given that you live in Japan or Australia depending on when we ask you?
    Hmm. I think we can conclude the odyssey the story took was alt-right Americans hearing the story, also not really researching it, weaving it into some bullshit narrative, and then whatever bullshit non-news platform they use is where you get your news about a foreign country. Thus, a cartoon.

    And this lazy heavily biased at best, outright incorrect at worst cartoon vision has been your every post ever on US issues.
    So no, its not that your beautiful thoughts are smashing our fragile echo chamber, its that they're not really thoughts at all in the first place.

    I really don't understand how you're a teacher when you don't even make any sense.
    See my friend, there's much more Americana to be learned then one can get from reading alt-right blogs as your sole source of education. Learning what Hanna Barbera and "Sambo" are for instance. Little cultural understandings that TEH SKEPTIC SKULL-LORD420's youtube channel just don't cover.

  8. #13668

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post


    Black man kills cop and 7 other people in Mississippi

    We have a black man kill a cop and 7 other people but his colour isn't at all mentioned nor the victims. But the article or the page doesn't mention the word black lives matter or the word black for that matter. There's a lot of white cop generalisations and riots conducted, trying to shut down police. Could this have been a factor? I don't know, but it just seems to me anything involving a white on black brawl and the black biting the dust, we all know what the headline would be.

    If it's a white man killing a black, everything mentions race.

    At least this guy knows what he did was wrong, he said;

    "Suicide by cop was my intention. I ain't fit to live. Not after what I've done."

    I literally feel 4chan all over your post and your avatar.

  9. #13669
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Still trying to climb Wano's waterfall

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Why the hell is "alt-right" even a thing? Can't we just call them for what they are? They're just far right nerds. Instead of the good old thugs, they're lazy morons who spew crap from behind a computer. Still far right jerks.

  10. #13670
    Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Joliet, IL

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I agree, I wish ANTIFA with their fascist Ideologies would actually be spoken out against by the trump administration. People are getting sick of ANTIFA and similar organisations breaking public property, blocking traffic, affecting workers and business and leaving their rubbish around.
    You're one of the alt right, aren't you?

  11. #13671
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Why the hell is "alt-right" even a thing? Can't we just call them for what they are? They're just far right nerds. Instead of the good old thugs, they're lazy morons who spew crap from behind a computer. Still far right jerks.
    Because I'm pretty sure guys like Trump could count as alt Right, and skilled with computers Mr Cavfefe is not.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  12. #13672
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    You're one of the alt right, aren't you?
    Whats with all these name tags?

    What is the definition of alt right?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    You post irritating boneheaded garbage with the bare minimum basis in actual facts. The most cowardly modern trend is people who have nothing to say except for lazy low content ignorance, complaining that *SHOCK* people want them to shut up, and trying to pretend the reason people want them to shut up is that people just can't take their sizzling hot takes.
    The most cowardly modern trend is liberals, like the one's at Berkeley who will destroy property, incite violence just because they don't like someone and what they say. You do realise these people are suppressing free speech. The right to be able to say whatever you want.

    So you believe if you don't like what someone is saying because you think it's stupid you should shut it down? Yes/no?


    Describe exactly what you've added by wondering why a black man who killed mostly a bunch of his also black relatives isn't being reported on as racially motivated murder. A story you clearly did exactly zero research on whatsoever, like the bare minimum googling was apparently just too much to ask.
    Just post and correct something incorrect, calmly, you seem to have extreeemely low temper. Like really, i have seen you enough.

    How a minor nothing story like this even reached you given that you live in Japan or Australia depending on when we ask you?
    I live in Japan or Australia depending on when you ask me? You know, I can complain about your stupidity too, It's called take a plane and move, since when did I say I was anywhere else?

  13. #13673

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    The most cowardly modern trend is liberals
    Bigotry apologists like to dig their own grave, it seems.

    You can accuse Zephos of arrogance, or anyone else in the thread for that matter, we're unapologetically brimming with it.
    But you seem to channel both arrogance and hateful ignorance, a much more destructive combination that multiplies the negativity of each other.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; May 31st, 2017 at 09:07 PM.

  14. #13674

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    No one is taking away your free speech. You're simply being asked to (1) think a little more about what you plan to say before saying it, or (2) shut up. There's only so many blatantly stupid statements and political views founded on falsehoods that people can take these days.

    Lord knows we get enough of that just by staying informed about our own political system. Please try not to be part of the problem, thanks.

    From your posts in the racism thread alone, it was pretty clear that you were about as knowledgeable of the American political climate and history with racial bias as a rock. As Zephos said, making some vague comment about how an obviously unrelated crime might be due to racism is not insightful in the least. Being told that your ideas are bad is not the same as having your right to free speech revoked.
    Last edited by benjamminbrown; May 31st, 2017 at 09:16 PM.

  15. #13675
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    No one is taking away your free speech. You're simply being asked to (1) think a little more about what you plan to say before saying it, or (2) shut up. There's only so many blatantly stupid statements and political views founded on falsehoods that people can take these days.

    Lord knows we get enough of that just by staying informed about our own political system. Please try not to be part of the problem, thanks.

    From your posts in the racism thread alone, it was pretty clear that you were about as knowledgeable of the American political climate and history with racial bias as a rock. As Zephos said, making some vague comment about how an obviously unrelated crime might be due to racism is not insightful in the least. Being told that your ideas are bad is not the same as having your right to free speech revoked.
    I am fine with Zephos saying the story is unrelated and a stupid comparison. I never tried to defend it, I just thought he was correct and bad on my part.

    What I didn't like was that he said "Just because moderation allowed you to comment in the threads, doesn't mean you're fit do so" and then all the rambling.

  16. #13676

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Nothing about what he said was wrong.

    Everyone has the right to try to deadlift 500 lbs if they want to. That doesn't mean that everyone is fit to do so, many people would be bound to hurt themselves or others in the process. It's kind of similar to that.

  17. #13677

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I am fine with Zephos saying the story is unrelated and a stupid comparison. I never tried to defend it, I just thought he was correct and bad on my part.

    What I didn't like was that he said "Just because moderation allowed you to comment in the threads, doesn't mean you're fit do so" and then all the rambling.
    That's fair. And I wouldn't defend backseat moderation either.

    But your hate filled ramblings afterwards betray any sensibility.

  18. #13678
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    That's fair. And I wouldn't defend backseat moderation either.

    But your hate filled ramblings afterwards betray any sensibility.
    I do not hate anyone. Who do I hate?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    Nothing about what he said was wrong.

    Everyone has the right to try to deadlift 500 lbs if they want to. That doesn't mean that everyone is fit to do so, many people would be bound to hurt themselves or others in the process. It's kind of similar to that.
    I'll translate that into politics.

    "You have the right to free speech, but doesn't mean your allowed to".

    Anyone is allowed to speak as long as they are not trying to incite violence.

  19. #13679

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I do not hate anyone. Who do I hate?
    You're being apologetic and defending bigots and their views by cherry picking trivial incidents, as if that evens the playing field.
    Honestly, I find these snarky form of bigotry more harmful than openly confrontational bigots who mark themselves easy targets.

  20. #13680

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    More like: "Everyone has the right to free speech and can literally say whatever they want. Some people will find that it is not that fun to share their opinions before they've really thought them through because other people will use their free speech to let them know that they're pretty stupid."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts