+ Reply to Thread
Page 666 of 893 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 766 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,320 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I hadn't actually read the article about the Chobani lawsuit. But I had assumed he was in a lawsuit against a yogurt company.
    Chobani is the yogurt company. They're suing him for slander because the owner is Turkish and supports refugees.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Goddamned Ni Nis, when you will understand that Perfect is the worst enemy of progress and stability. "Not my way" is not equivalent to "Literaly hitler".
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Chobani is the yogurt company. They're suing him for slander because the owner is Turkish and supports refugees.
    It's sad because you know the guy realized that to sell his stuff here he had to brand it with a nice safe Christian ethnic name from some culture that also makes that kind of yogurt.
    But him still being what he is still attracts the flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    But him still being what he is still attracts the flies.
    Hey, that comparison is unfair to flies.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Oh...Man. Well that's sucky.

Remind me again why it would a bad thing if the New York Times was to go under.

(for those who don't want to click, it's an opinion page attempting to make the case for La Pen (and racism)).

They also hired a climate change denier to write columns about how it's all a liberal hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post

(for those who don't want to click, it's an opinion page attempting to make the case for La Pen (and racism)).
    Le anxiété économique

lol at describing Gaulist revisionism of "VICHY WASNT REAL FRANCE IN ANY WAY" as part of some gold tinted romanticism rather than just a pile of plain old brown bullshit.
    Ah but such romantic bullshit of yesteryear~

"
    There is no American equivalent to the epic disaster of the euro, a form of German imperialism with the struggling parts of Europe as its subjects. Which means that while much of Trump’s notional agenda was an overreaction to the country’s problems, some of Le Pen’s controversial positions are straightforwardly correct."

And once again it's a pampered rich titan country with a shit load of power in that system being the ones acting like complete moron nationalists over it. And not the weaker countries battered by it like Greece. This is a bullshit excuse for France. Electing neo-nazis and/or shooting your country in the face (Brexit) is an exercise in former empires having nationalist tantrums.
    France in spite of how it wants to think of itself, is every bit as much a massive entitled power addicted vanity stricken baby as the United States and England. And every bit as full of morons.

Also since I've been seeing this line in the mouths of Pepe's and other fools?

"— no equivalent of the domestic terror threat"

Pile up all the dead in France from recent terror attacks and you have around 250 or so. 9-11 was around oh...3000?
    Gosh golly gee! What would America know of terror attacks...guy writing for the New York fucking Times?
    But noooo, Trump is gross and course....unlike le stylish and sensible french Trump. Who is just so intellectual and thought provoking~
    Ohhh fascism looks so nice smoking a cigarette in a black and white movie while chanson music plays~

ima grown man, pay me real human money for writing this article

Also lol at the idea she and her party have abandoned anti-semitism. Go ahead and write in the Times about how she still wants to ban yarmulkes and shit like that. See how quick they use your big boy newspaper article as toilet paper you dumb schmuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Le anxiété économique

lol at describing Gaulist revisionism of "VICHY WASNT REAL FRANCE IN ANY WAY" as part of some gold tinted romanticism rather than just a pile of plain old brown bullshit.
    Ah but such romantic bullshit of yesteryear~

"
    There is no American equivalent to the epic disaster of the euro, a form of German imperialism with the struggling parts of Europe as its subjects. Which means that while much of Trump’s notional agenda was an overreaction to the country’s problems, some of Le Pen’s controversial positions are straightforwardly correct."

And once again it's a pampered rich titan country with a shit load of power in that system being the ones acting like complete moron nationalists over it. And not the weaker countries battered by it like Greece. This is a bullshit excuse for France. Electing neo-nazis and/or shooting your country in the face (Brexit) is an exercise in former empires having nationalist tantrums.
    France in spite of how it wants to think of itself, is every bit as much a massive entitled power addicted vanity stricken baby as the United States and England. And every bit as full of morons.

Also since I've been seeing this line in the mouths of Pepe's and other fools?

"— no equivalent of the domestic terror threat"

Pile up all the dead in France from recent terror attacks and you have around 250 or so. 9-11 was around oh...3000?
    Gosh golly gee! What would America know of terror attacks...guy writing for the New York fucking Times?
    But noooo, Trump is gross and course....unlike le stylish and sensible french Trump. Who is just so intellectual and thought provoking~
    Ohhh fascism looks so nice smoking a cigarette in a black and white movie while chanson music plays~

ima grown man, pay me real human money for writing this article

Also lol at the idea she and her party have abandoned anti-semitism. Go ahead and write in the Times about how she still wants to ban yarmulkes and shit like that. See how quick they use your big boy newspaper article as toilet paper you dumb schmuck.

It's Douthat, so of course it's crap.

Also again, why should we care about the New York Times.
    https://twitter.com/SarahNEmerson/st...818561/photo/1

The euro is a form of German imperialism, even though the common currency was Mitterand's demand in exchange for German reunification.

Also FN has literally been in an anti-semitic scandal THIS WEEK as its acting head turned out to be a Holocaust denier.

Y'know, I still hold to that metaphor for my disgust at Brits and Frogs complaining about American cultural power, the one where it's like hearing millionaires bitching about a billionaire in a country club like they're blue collar garbage men.
    I just didn't know the second scene would be those same millionaires being the only ones to have a complete meltdown at the town mayor for raising taxes that proportionally barely dent them.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

36 Yazidis have escaped from being enslaved by the Islamic State recently. The UN Population Fund are providing them with every possible means to cope with their experience.
    Last edited by Lucky Dragon; April 30th, 2017 at 11:49 AM.

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

Basically every real ISIS stronghold is surrounded right now. Both in Syria and Iraq, so more and more stories like this will be popping up, including less happy ones where atrocities and mass graves are uncovered.

One of those rare instances when reading the comments actually restores a bit of faith in humanity :P

No wonder true progressives refuse to vote for Macron. Who'd want an economy based on infamous neoliberal globalist shilling Norway?

Jesus Christ, this is as bad when an elementary school sub let a mock slave auction go through. How do people defend this shit?

http://www.syracuse.com/schools/inde...holocaust.html

Oh god I just remembered that my sixth grade English teacher made us write a letter from FDR to the nation justifying the Japanese/Japanese-American internment camps (in 2007, by which point almost everybody acknowledged they were unjustifiable)... not surprising since she was a hardcore republican who used a study of MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech to rant about then-primary candidate Obama's "generic" message of "hope and change".

Makes me wonder how many times teachers have regularly made impressionable students do tone-deaf/wildly offensive assignments like that and we just haven't heard about it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...hutdown-237822

A week after Sen. Mike Enzi told high school students that a man who wears a tutu to a bar "kind of asks for" a fight, his constituents in Wyoming are wearing tutus to school and work — and, yes, to bars — on Friday. Enzi has apologized for his "poor choice of words."
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Jesus Christ, this is as bad when an elementary school sub let a mock slave auction go through. How do people defend this shit?

http://www.syracuse.com/schools/inde...holocaust.html
    Why is killing Jewish people considered a fucking controversy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ally-watch-it/

Video-based news organization, NowThis, did a table reading of an unproduced screenplay written by Steve Bannoni in the late 90s about the LA Riots.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information