+ Reply to Thread
Page 649 of 649 FirstFirst ... 149 549 599 639 647 648 649
Results 12,961 to 12,976 of 12976

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    They'll just cut the funding to that too.
    That's the point; they'll focus on that organization instead of NASA.

Also, I called Peter King today, and he's now considering voting against Trumpcare.

CALL YOUR LOCAL CONGRESSMAN, WE CAN STOP THIS!

3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

If Sean Spicer uses this in some kind of anti-immigration argument I'm going to break something. He was wrong about the Canadian mosque attack (citing it when sources mistakenly stated the attacker was Moroccan, when he was actually white), so he doesn't get credit for when something bad really does happen. The attacker was a nutcase anyway.
    Last edited by onemoment; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:50 PM.

So the right wing douchebaggery seems to be running at an all time high due to the London attack. Some armchair activists are lamenting the fact that witnesses claim the attacker looked asian, seemingly ignorant that asian in the U.K refers to pakistani/indians/bengals. This is what bothers me the most about the aftermath of these attacks.

An unfortunate update, 4 were killed in the attack (5 including the assailant), and 40 injured.

Death toll was revised from 5 to 4 (the 4th being the assailant). 8 arrests made in connection to the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Ms May said the attacker was a British citizen who was known to police and security services, and had been investigated some years ago over violent extremism. She said the working assumption was he was inspired by Islamist terrorism.
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...946.html%3Famp

Still, no information on the possible motives for the attacker.

Hint: It was something idiotic.
    Last edited by Outerspec; March 23rd, 2017 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Information Updated
    Everything's Eventual...

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealRedE...7333171638487/

Inevitably, some members of the public are riled up over the attack and going after the left.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/TheRealRedE...7333171638487/

Inevitably, some members of the public are riled up over the attack and going after the left.
    Those guys doesn't seem like he's about to go after the left so much as he's about to brutally beat a Pakistani shopkeeper. Because he's a racist moron that is.
    And the others like him.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Do British history classes just not like...cover the 1600's? Like that part where every square inch of the islands were murdering each-other over religion, and nary a Muslim in sight?
    Martin McGuiness died the other day. Do these college fascists not even know who he was, and what conflict he was apart of?

I'm no historical buff but when was white supremacy been a peaceful and well meaning movement?

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/neo-...-supremacists/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Had to doublecheck to make sure I wasn't on the Onion.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Had to doublecheck to make sure I wasn't on the Onion.
    There's a lot of that going around, nowadays. Hell, we have a US President whose most quotable quotes can be edited to be said by the Red Skull, the Joker, or Zap Brannigan with none of them being out of character.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

White supremacy is a religion? I always believed it was a movement. I would say being racist doesn't mean you will stab someone but truly believing White supremacy is a religion of peace seems quite surprising.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I'm no historical buff but when was white supremacy been a peaceful and well meaning movement?

Huh ?
    Everything's Eventual...

Maybe he's thinking about the early origins of scientific racism, but completely ignoring all the actual violence and hate that came as a result?

...Or maybe he's on meth.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    White supremacy is a religion? I always believed it was a movement. I would say being racist doesn't mean you will stab someone but truly believing White supremacy is a religion of peace seems quite surprising.
    I actually agree with the idea that white supremacy is essentially a religion (albeit a religion of fear and hate).

Why shouldn't it be considered one?

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

What a horrible senseless act of violence. Seeing stuff like this never fails to piss me off.

Anglin also warned fellow white supremacists will “be subject to unfair scrutiny and prejudice” as a result of this attack, arguing people who dress or look like neo-Nazis “will be unfairly discriminated against.”
    On the other hand, that's pretty hilarious. Some might even call it karma.

The fact is that humans cannot control or judge the Gods. In Japan there are many Gods. There is a God of Destruction. He totally destroys everything and then there is a rebirth. Godzilla is closer to being that kind of God. — Shōgo Tomiyama

Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar

In a depressing but frankly predictable developpement, Hosni Mubarak has been freed... while democraticly elected Morsi still rots in jail.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...095324330.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sparsebeard View Post
    In a depressing but frankly predictable developpement, Hosni Mubarak has been freed... while democraticly elected Morsi still rots in jail.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...095324330.html
    Morsi was a Trumpian figure who was likely headed down authoritarian lane. Of course, the man to bring him down did exactly that for himself instead....
    It was nasty motherfuckers all the way down and all over.

The real tragedy was that due to well...nearly all its modern history Egypt has never been able to grow a civil society. So the moment real democracy popped up, it was a toxic violent democracy resulting in Morsis. And was therefore easy to snuff out all over again with a Sisi.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information