+ Reply to Thread
Page 631 of 893 FirstFirst ... 131 531 581 621 629 630 631 632 633 641 681 731 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,620 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    The purpose again was to highlight the federal structure which was specifically put by our forefathers to make sure none of the old languages and cultures get eroded. It's interesting that many people fail to see the country in that regard
    How is federalism a factor in this particular case?I think it's more about the increasing judicial activism here.The Judiciary is being very flippant about remaining in it's boundaries and subverting the will of the people with it's decision making process.The fact that the main topic was about "Federalism" seems to me the result of the politicisation of the issue.In fact,after the Ordinance was passed,the protests still continued and even turned violent in certain incidents.There were people sporting anti-India posters,hell one guy even had a poster of Osama
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    Well it was a concern of the LGBT community that he was going to rip that one up. It's good news, I don't know why you have such a problem with me being happy that he isn't.
    This isn't what you did, you were giving him credit for it.
    He's our president now, so the best thing we can hope to do is try and steer him as much in the right direction as possible and hold him accountable to make sure he does right by as many people as possible.
    What do you mean steer? This is someone who is fortressing up a small executive council and acting aggressive to the Legislative and Judicial branches, let alone the population.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    This isn't what you did, you were giving him credit for it.

What do you mean steer? This is someone who is fortressing up a small executive council and acting aggressive to the Legislative and Judicial branches, let alone the population.
    You really like twisting my words, don't you? Lol. I gave him credit for sticking to his word since it was a major concern of the LGBT community. It's heartening to know that he isn't staunchly against certain progressive values as many of his constituents and party members. Stop trying to turn nonissues into something to argue about just for the sake of arguing.

To give credit where it's due and to make it clear when something is unacceptable. As with any elected public official, it's just as important to shine lights on the good things his administration does as it is the bad. Feedback is important.

You really like twisting my words, don't you? Lol. I gave him credit for sticking to his word since it was a major concern of the LGBT community. It's heartening to know that he isn't staunchly against certain progressive values as many of his constituents and party members. Stop trying to turn nonissues into something to argue about just for the sake of arguing.
    Its a non-issue that a bill was threatened on day 11 but rescinded, in an administration that is scorching earth otherwise and we have no reason to think it won't be brought up later in different form?
    To give credit where it's due and to make it clear when something is unacceptable. As with any elected public official, it's just as important to shine lights on the good things his administration does as it is the bad. Feedback is important.
    Trump isn't reading your internet posts lol.

And now it's back on the table.

https://www.thenation.com/article/le...iscrimination/

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Guys like, can you take your Trump conversation to the American politics thread? Or else I'll have to move posts and I'm so lazy right now.
    Hidden:

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

In other news, Femme is the fucking best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

She's not bad! Definitely the most kindhearted mod along with Foolio.

She's not bad! Definitely the most kindhearted mod along with Foolio.
    Hey! Your first correct judgement of character. Femme.

Uh thanks for the love guys. But watch out cuz hanger is real and this situation isn't a sandwich.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    How is federalism a factor in this particular case?I think it's more about the increasing judicial activism here.The Judiciary is being very flippant about remaining in it's boundaries and subverting the will of the people with it's decision making process.The fact that the main topic was about "Federalism" seems to me the result of the politicisation of the issue.In fact,after the Ordinance was passed,the protests still continued and even turned violent in certain incidents.There were people sporting anti-India posters,hell one guy even had a poster of Osama
    Majority of the time the protests were peaceful. Once the ordinance was passed, many people who were instrumental in leading the protests left the scene satisfied with how it turned out. It was only after that many goons from various political parties joined the protests and started causing problems purposefully to make sure it ends up in a bad note. I am sure you saw the video with the cops setting up bombs around lol. So the whole affair became political at the end diverting from the proper reason of the protests. There would also be THAT horrible record against the state gov't if any massive protest occurs over 5+ days wherein the President would have to interfere. So you can understand the pressure the states might have had to chase the crowd off to make themselves look good.

The reason why I bought Federalism to the picture here is that whichever party ends up in the Central gov't, the gap between them and the state gov'ts have been constantly increasing which has resulted in many inaccurate opinions amongst the population. It has got to a point where the Supreme Court and Central gov't are constantly getting blamed for state issues and neither of them have been diplomatic enough to alleviate tensed up situations. The SP has been seen as yet another splitting image of a central entity that fails to understand the sovereignty of states (which isn't true in many cases ofc but that's how its been portrayed). The constant religious issues, the moral policing and the attempt to break through the multi lingual barrier of the country have been thoroughly hated down south. There is always a scare that the federal state would not remain that way anymore and the unseen problems might get dumped into the state at a later point of time. That's why I feel the federal structure has to be constantly reminded to people that this is how the country is and it was envisioned when the constitution was written. The implementation of the GST also further reduces the autocracy of states by unifying the tax structures to make the central more powerful and the states more dependent on the central folks for monetary assistance. I do support GST but I hope it doesn't undermine the autocracy of the states as much as I fear it could.
    Last edited by xan; February 1st, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Well, a lot of things happened in my country since I last posted.
    Hidden:
    http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/interna...nt-temer.shtml

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/internacional/en/brazil/2017/01/1854471-brazils-supreme-court-authorizes-odebrecht-plea-deal-and-wants-to-select-a-rappourter-at-random-from-among-5-ministers.shtml

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/26/brazil-corruption-investigation-eike-batista-bribes

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-new...-fraud-scheme/

Also, I couldn't find a good english source for this news, sorry:The former first lady and wife of former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Marisa Letícia Lula da Silva, 66, had brain death on Thursday (2) due to complications caused by a hemorrhagic stroke .

The family has already authorized organ donation.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I have been following this missing person case for a month now. I feel sorry for the victim's father. He lost his wife few years back and now his daughter is dead...
    http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...nmouth_article

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I think I posted a Samantha Bee clip that talked about how Catholic hospitals allowed religion to dictate their policies.
    Well its gotten news coverage again here in Wisconsin.

Twenty-two hospitals in Wisconsin, including SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison, have been fined by the state for not following a law requiring them to offer emergency contraception to rape victims.

Artlice states that St. Mary's has a policy to transfer rape victims to another hospital that has forensics nurses and is able to proscribe contraception. However, Samantha tells how that's not always a good thing....

Some of the extended interviews tell some horror stories. Some do not deal with contraception, but still horror stories due to Catholic rhetoric refused treatment, like the woman who was bleeding due to IUD being dislodged.

Hidden:
    Dr. Rupa Natarajan describes how the directives restricted her ability to care for her patients at the Catholic hospital where she worked.

Mindy Swank was forced by a Catholic hospital to continue an unviable pregnancy after her water broke.

Melanie Jones spent two weeks bleeding and in unnecessary pain after a physician at a Catholic facility refused to remove her dislodged IUD.

Jennafer Norris, like many women, was denied a tubal ligation by a Catholic hospital during emergency c-section, even though her life would be at risk if she were to get pregnant again.

Obviously, God wanted all those people to suffer. Otherwise, He wouldn't have made them women.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    Obviously, God wanted all those people to suffer. Otherwise, He wouldn't have made them women.
    What annoys me is that you hit the nail. There really IS some people who think like that, the whole "Eve sinned so all women are now cursed. Its god's will for women to suffer." bullshit is still used as so-called reason in this modern day and age.

What the fucking fuck! These are goddamn concentration camps!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/amnesty-l...055011243.html

This is why we shouldn't be getting in bed with Russian and ESPECIALLY not Syria! Because Russia suppports this tyranical government and by and large all the massacring, torture, and imprisonment. In fact, not only does Russia back the Syrian government but they offer their milliary support which is basically saying, 'Not only will we support you, hell, we'll join you!'

Reading that is like reading some horror stories from WW2. Combatting ISIS is probably the only thing that can help me stomach working with Russia in that region but it's a hard pill to swallow.

Oh, and we're talking about not taking in refugees trying to escape from hell like this!? I'm real proud of my government right now. We truly are great again!
    Everything's Eventual...

*snip*

*edit sorry was posting on wrong thread and it was already posted.
    Last edited by Shandian; February 7th, 2017 at 02:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information