+ Reply to Thread
Page 612 of 892 FirstFirst ... 112 512 562 602 610 611 612 613 614 622 662 712 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 17838

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Kids' movies in the 80s and 90s were messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Brave Little Toaster really did have some messed up moments. Surely darker than the Cars crash.
    Hidden:
    Remember the controversy with the Air Conditioner? Some thought he commited suicide, others thought it was a rage induced 'heart attack'

Then there's the song Worthless scene, cars singing bout how now they worthless as they are destroyed and crushed into cubes.
    "I can't take this sort of pressure, I must confess that one more dusty road would be a road too long" ... one car sang was its picked up and put onto a belt heading to the press and when they come out as a cube others sing "Worthless". Another "I just can't seem to get started... don't have the heart to live in the fast lane, all that is past is gone."
    That's more dark than McQueen having an accident.

"It's a B-Movie" seems a lot like the scene where Sids mangles the toys.

Last edited by Katzztar; December 6th, 2016 at 06:47 PM.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Other than the crash scene, I doubt Cars 3 is going to be very dark at all. The overall premise of the film is:
    Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game he will need the help of eager young female race technician Cruz Ramirez, with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Doc Hudson. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet, he will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage against his new rival, Jackson Storm.

Little kids will probably forget about the trailer altogether and go see the movie simply because it's in the Cars franchise. It seems to me like this trailer is trying to lure adults back into this franchise, along with Cars 1's original fanbase. I was 7 when Cars 1 came out, basically the perfect age for it, and I was obsessed. But the film managed to age well for me because of its more adult scope that I didn't get as a kid, which made the debauchery that is Cars 2 feel like a slap in the face. As one of those original child fans, I'm excited for the prospect of Cars 3 possibly returning to its more personal themes that made Cars 1 pretty good. It'll have the same flashy racing and new car characters that kids will love and beg their parents to buy its merch, but if Pixar can return to the emotional root that Cars 2 lacked I will be on board as well.

The first full trailer will probably be much more light-hearted with some countryish rock song in the background

I have a feeling that this'll eventually get merged into the Pixar thread, but I do really like that we are talking about something more light-hearted for once (even though it's about a car crash)

Spoiler:

well at least Cars 3 isn't the first time we've seen Owen Wilson crash and burn

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Also, I find it interesting how a 50 second trailer was able to depict a more mature and gruesome scene of violence than Cars 2 which literally had cars killing each other with fake alternative fuel and a camera thingy, as well as the bomb plot in the movie's climax which was supposed to kill McQueen and Mater. So congratulations Cars 3, so far you've actually managed to surpass Cars 2 in 50 seconds, though that is hardly much of an achievement.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    well at least Cars 3 isn't the first time we've seen Owen Wilson crash and burn
    Still better than his brother Luke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I'm not sure what thread to put this in. But the comments made me laugh. https://mobile.twitter.com/newtgingr...20424796860418

Those are small-time.

Spoiler:

You gotta go to the realistic animal films of that era if you really want to mess kids up.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Well, at the end of the day, nothing we in the Western world ever experienced will hold a candle to Japan

Spoiler:

Japanese kids are hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, at the end of the day, nothing we in the Western world ever experienced will hold a candle to Japan

Last edited by taboo; December 7th, 2016 at 11:08 PM. Reason: better clip

Let's watch this weather news lady call out Breibart on their claim that global warming is a hoax and gain 1 million views in a day. And what a break the comments section isn't a cesspool of ignorance.

Everything's Eventual...

In other news. Creepy clown prank guy got pistol whipped and is retiring from clowning around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4gM7-UlqV_s

Complicating things since 2009.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

Kill 'Em All Tomino at his finest, especially since he drew himself dying in one of the scenes.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Swiss cheese and scallops....

I think someone at some point released some insanity causing gas into the air. Maybe chemtrails are real.

it's a pretty cool initative to be honest.
    Last edited by Strooger; December 11th, 2016 at 07:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information