+ Reply to Thread
Page 607 of 893 FirstFirst ... 107 507 557 597 605 606 607 608 609 617 657 707 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,140 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

^
    Castro at least managed to provide adequate foods and healthcare to all of his people which many of so called 'progressing' nations have yet to achieve.
    Not that i am saying these are everything and Castro was a messiah,but in terms of failures his was no more than his capitalist counterparts.
    They just chose different people to prioritise...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Providing food. If you have to obey the ruling party and queue up on the most inefficient way possible to get the "free" food, that is not an archivement, that is a mechanism to control the population.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Oh hey, Castro died.

This could help open up a new age in relations between Cuba and the US- oh wait Trump.

Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Oh hey, Castro died.

This could help open up a new age in relations between Cuba and the US- oh wait Trump.

Fuck.
    Depending if you believe it Trump has been doing business under the table with Cuba since the 90's so what's gonna stop him now?

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    That's just what the CIA wants you to think.
    The exploding cigar finally worked.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Providing food. If you have to obey the ruling party and queue up on the most inefficient way possible to get the "free" food, that is not an archivement, that is a mechanism to control the population.
    It was free and enough to check malnutrition.Cuba's per capita expenditure on health is 5 times that of China and 10 times that of India.Their life expectancy too is above average.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Shipmate

Fidel Castro survived 638 assassination attempts, but even he could not stand up to the merciless 2016 .

Rest in peace, comandante.

Wonderful country, Cuba, that's why people brave the sea to go out and tell the tales of the sea of happiness.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    ^
    Castro at least managed to provide adequate foods and healthcare to all of his people which many of so called 'progressing' nations have yet to achieve.
    Not that i am saying these are everything and Castro was a messiah,but in terms of failures his was no more than his capitalist counterparts.
    They just chose different people to prioritise...
    Castro didn't manage to do that.
    Cuba has been a state floated by foreign subsidy since pretty much as soon as he took over.
    First it was the Soviet Union, and then it was Maxterdexter's own country, Venezuela.
    It suffered pretty heavily in between that period when the USSR collapsed and before Venezuela's Chavez regime started up. Because the state actually totally wasn't able to provide.

Do you think its total coincidence that the thaw with the US began shortly after the Venezuelan economy began to crumble?

Also while I wasn't a direct contact with the Cuban medics, my doctor friends kept saying how unprepared the Cuban medic were, so using Venezuelan logic to the Cuban "investment" on healthcare, I'd say most of the money didn't Actualy go to the doctors.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

just curious,the commies here say that the cuban medical facilities and medical education is very good,so much that even americans go there to attain education.complete bullshit i suppose?
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    just curious,the commies here say that the cuban medical facilities and medical education is very good,so much that even americans go there to attain education.complete bullshit i suppose?
    Its supposably very good quality considering the poor quality of much else of Cuba.
    But is also a result of subsidy.
    The claim about Americans going there to study is hilarious, mainly because until like last year it was essentially illegal to travel to Cuba on an American passport.
    It sounds like your friends are confusing the idea of the garbage American Health coverage situation, with the quality of health care itself in the US. Which is very high. Its the matter of getting covered and affording it that is fucked.

SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Its supposably very good quality considering the poor quality of much else of Cuba.
    But is also a result of subsidy.
    The claim about Americans going there to study is hilarious, mainly because until like last year it was essentially illegal to travel to Cuba on an American passport.
    yeah,i though so too
    It sounds like your friends are confusing the idea of the garbage American Health coverage situation, with the quality of health care itself in the US. Which is very high. Its the matter of getting covered and affording it that is fucked.
    lol not friends,the communist party's leaders were saying that to media.wish they would just go away now,their influence is slowly decreasing.the astonishing left leaning of most parties needs to reduce already
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Lol. Ya'll Queda upset they get an extra frisking.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/righ...ror-watchlist/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Lol. Ya'll Queda upset they get an extra frisking.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/righ...ror-watchlist/
    Quote Originally Posted by rawstory
    The men were among the two dozen people arrested after an armed 41-day standoff at Malheur Wildlife Refuge in eastern Oregon. The indictments against them said that the group brandished weapons and threatened violence against anyone who attempted to remove them from the premises. However, they said, none of the charges against them were related to terrorism.

wtf.... seriously? They occupied federal land, brandished guns, threatened govt. agents ... and they do not think that's terrorism?? Someone throw a dictionary at them that highlights terrorism or just send them a link to Wikipedia and tell them to read the first sentence=

"Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence (terror) in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim."

Just another day in BBCs coverage of allthosesouthasiancountriesthataremoreorlessthesam e

http://www.storypick.com/bbc-nepal-currency/

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Castro didn't manage to do that.
    Cuba has been a state floated by foreign subsidy since pretty much as soon as he took over.
    First it was the Soviet Union, and then it was Maxterdexter's own country, Venezuela.
    It suffered pretty heavily in between that period when the USSR collapsed and before Venezuela's Chavez regime started up. Because the state actually totally wasn't able to provide.

Do you think its total coincidence that the thaw with the US began shortly after the Venezuelan economy began to crumble?
    He did.It was not like he had any other choice once US put embargo on Cuba.And technically while the embargo only applied to US companies,all nations under GATT(effective back then) were more or less pressured.When USSR fell,the trick continued.One of the many examples should be discouraging British Petroleum to explore Cuban off-shore(in 1991-1992).Cuba was pretty much marginalised until Chavez came to power in Venezuela.Compare to another regime that was formed during Castro's initial years,aka North Korea,which every year beg for foods and only interested in showing off missile power,Castro's Cuba was far more humanitarian.

Of course undermining constitutional democracy,free speech,free movement can't be excused but defying America's economic world order itself was not a fault.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    He did.It was not like he had any other choice once US put embargo on Cuba.
    Yet your point was that the Cuban economy was great and functional and achieved these things, when it did not, and continues to not.
    Its not like the US traded with any of the Soviet aligned communist countries. And even those plugged geographically into areas where trade with allies was great meant economic booms.

One of the many examples should be discouraging British Petroleum to explore Cuban off-shore(in 1991-1992).
    And if they had, then you would be saying Castro was a great leader because oil exists in Cuban territory?
    You are forgetting that this was your point.
    Compare to another regime that was formed during Castro's initial years,aka North Korea,which every year beg for foods and only interested in showing off missile power,Castro's Cuba was far more humanitarian.
    That has to be the lowest bar on earth. In fact there was only one Communist regime worse than North Korea, and that was the Khmer friggin' Rouge.

Of course undermining constitutional democracy,free speech,free movement can't be excused but defying America's economic world order itself was not a fault.
    Whatever exactly you mean by "America's economic world order", that wasn't what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    Just another day in BBCs coverage of allthosesouthasiancountriesthataremoreorlessthesam e

http://www.storypick.com/bbc-nepal-currency/

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    At this point I'm not even surprised. Fucking hate their snide comments and general patronising tone in every news story they do on the subcontinent. And them choosing to only run the wackiest and/or the most negative news they can find.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information