+ Reply to Thread
Page 606 of 893 FirstFirst ... 106 506 556 596 604 605 606 607 608 616 656 706 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 17849

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

And it's free.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I find the concept of a designated school bus strange.

When i was at that age we took the public transportation like everybody else
    Sounds horribly inefficient.

I find the concept of a designated school bus strange.

How old are you and where did you grow up? I went to school in the 70s/80s and had school buses .... but only if you lived more than 2 miles from the school.
    At one point I was just under that limit by a few blocks so didn't get the school bus. But another time I was able to ride the school bus, I wished I didn't as walking would get me home faster since it took the long way about a loop and I was one of last to get off. Hellish on a non-air-conditioned bus for over an hour in Texas summer heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Sounds horribly inefficient.
    School kids using the public buses are horrible! Madison has school buses but still have this massive amount of kids riding public buses on certain routes. Unfortunately the bus I use is only one going this far south in Madison and so has a lot of kids using it. I refuse to use the bus during the hours of 7-9 am & 2:30-5 pm due to the mass of kids using the public buses. They finally got some 'special route' buses (aka public transit sends out specific buses for only school kids to use) and about 2 of them go by my home (that along with the normal school buses!) and there are still a lot of kid that ride the normal public bus. It can get packed but not as bad as before the finally got those two LM (no idea what it stands for) busses out just for the school kids.

Before then it was standing room only. Seriously!
    All the seats be filled, some sitting on the laps of friends/significant others, and then people standing filling the bus up like sardines straight up to a few standing by the driver. Back when I was working and had no choice to go in at certain times, I would barely get a seat due to handicap, often after yelling at some teenager to get up, I'd see so many people get on and be packed like sardines that I'd compare it to the image of Tokyo subway where they had employees to push people into the cars and help close the doors.

I rode the school bus very briefly in the 1st grade until a neighbor boy tried to look up my dress, then I was a car rider after that

We ride the bus plenty in high school for marching band though

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    And it's free.
    At my secondary school we had to pay the driver 50p to get on the school bus.

A hell of a lot cheaper than a public bus, but we were charged nonetheless.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    related,there was a proper survey done by C-voter which largely paints a positive picture also.here
    k
    eep in mind the sample size is very low(around 1000 weighted)

but well,the UP elections will paint a more clearer picture on the public response
    As you said, 1k for a move affecting the entire population of the country is a bit unreliable. Perhaps they should take the poll a week from now around the time when savings get depleted

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

I believe Tokyo children use the trains to commute to school as well. Seems to work out ok for them.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    school busses get special privileges that other busses don't, like forcing traffic to stop when the bus stops
    Why would they need to though? The kids go to the bus stop, and get of at the bus stop thats nearest their house.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    How old are you and where did you grow up? I went to school in the 70s/80s and had school buses
    I'm 28 and spent most of my life in the city, minus a couple of years in the sticks.

In the more rural area they had a special catered mini-bus for the like ten or so kids who really lived out of the way.

In the city i never saw that kind of thing, never saw a need for it either, the buses ran so frequently anyways

Tokyo's an incredibly safe city though. You couldn't do something like that in New York or London.

Why would they need to though? The kids go to the bus stop, and get of at the bus stop thats nearest their house.
    Its so the kids can cross the street. Not all live on same side of the street as the bus stop ;) And you know kids, most won't go to the closest street light to cross (that is when/if there is a street light near) so safer to have traffic stop so kids can cross. OF course this is mainly residential and side roads that I know of, I've not seen that happen the major roads.

I'm 28 and spent most of my life in the city, minus a couple of years in the sticks.

In the more rural area they had a special catered mini-bus for the like ten or so kids who really lived out of the way.

In the city i never saw that kind of thing, never saw a need for it either, the buses ran so frequently anyways
    Ah thanks for the answer. I guess its different for different areas and different times,

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorkov View Post
    I believe Tokyo children use the trains to commute to school as well. Seems to work out ok for them.
    Don't they have a problem with public transit gropers?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    My buses always had seatbelts; they were sorta obtuse to use but they worked.

Of course no one ever actually wore them but the thought counted.
    Same story here. Modern cars have sensors that tell the driver when the front passenger doesn't have a seatbelt on, so couldn't we just install those in every seat?

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    At my secondary school we had to pay the driver 50p to get on the school bus.

A hell of a lot cheaper than a public bus, but we were charged nonetheless.
    :o oh I see. I rode the school bus from kindergarten to grade 6, there weren't any charges I believe, other than child labour in grade 5 and 6 when some of us were made into bus monitors -_- I remember very clearly the day when I discovered I could hate a large group of children lol.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    FINALLY!

Ugh, my mother was the first to find out, which is perfect since she was Cuban born and migrated to the U.S. after Castro claimed power. Had to wake up my father, who hates being awakened for any reason, and for once, he was so happy.

Fidel Castro, Cuba's former president and leader of the Communist revolution, has died aged 90, state TV has announced. It provided no further details.
    Provided no further details for what?! The man was 90! He died of old age.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    This guy outlived Saddam Hussein, Mommar Gaddafi, & a number of other douchebags.

Took long a enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Provided no further details for what?! The man was 90! He died of old age.
    That's just what the CIA wants you to think.
    Complicating things since 2009.

So now Castro is dead, it's Raul's turn before Cuba can be free but his legacy will still rock this nation for years to come.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Lol, Raul has been acting president (and "elect"? ) for over 6-7 years. Fidel has been unfit for rule (well, all his life) for a while, being just a prop. There were theories that he was replaced by a secret Castro cousin after he died 8 deadly diseases ago, the beard and the reduced public apareances were the " evidence".

The shadow of castro-comunism will still haunt Latin American countries just like yesterday, when the right leaning governments fail, again, another "scholar" will come who'll say the terrible dangers of owning your own money and deciding what to eat.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information