+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 891 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Maybe this should go in the Arab Spring thread, but Saadi Gaddafi has been extradited from Niger.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldud View Post
    Maybe this should go in the Arab Spring thread, but Saadi Gaddafi has been extradited from Niger.
    lol I guess he didn't win the game after all.

Kentucky attorney general won't personally appeal the ruling that Kentucky must accept gay marriages. The governor will apparently pursue other means of continuing to try to keep his state as a shit-tier one, but... this dude's announcement speech is still really righteous.
    http://www.glaad.org/blog/video-kent...e-equality-ban

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Kentucky attorney general won't personally appeal the ruling that Kentucky must accept gay marriages. The governor will apparently pursue other means of continuing to try to keep his state as a shit-tier one, but... this dude's announcement speech is still really righteous.
    http://www.glaad.org/blog/video-kent...e-equality-ban
    That was a really awesome speech and it's cool to see a high-level attorney show that kind of emotion.

Oh and there was polling done on gay marriage again, and about 50% of Americans see marriage equality being a constitutional right.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Oh and there was polling done on gay marriage again, and about 50% of Americans see marriage equality being a constitutional right.
    *libertarians' heads explode trying to reconcile this*

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

http://news.yahoo.com/senate-blocks-...-politics.html

As someone who has had two cousins (one female, one male) who were not only sexually assaulted while serving in the Army, but saw their attackers basically got off with a slap on the wrist I am extremely pissed off at this.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post

As someone who has had two cousins (one female, one male) who were not only sexually assaulted while serving in the Army, but saw their attackers basically got off with a slap on the wrist I am extremely pissed off at this.
    how do you even argue to NOT fight against sexual assault in the military?? "oh .. weeelll.... its just too hard to prosecute so it's just a risk of the job you gotta watch out for" like what in the literal fuck

also I thought i read somewhere that Male on Male sexual assault was higher than male on female... but I wonder if that's just in reported cases? I think it was on an article about this garbage politician (who basically said "Wouldn't you love to have a group of 19-year-old girls under your control, day in, day out?" in regard to sexual assault in the military)

garbage politicians basically

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post

Problems with that are pretty much to the bone.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir..._groped_laywer
    Complicating things since 2009.

Bad to the bone, indeed. Also prooooobably wasn't such a great idea to do this at a sexual assault legal conference.

Wasn't that a 5 second movie?
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

A Malaysia Airlines Flight carrying 239 people went missing on its way to Beijing. About 2 hours into its flight authorities just lost contact with it. The story is still early and underway so no one knows was has actually happened yet. It's just scary to think over 200 people can just disappear like that without any warning. I'm hoping for the best out of this situation.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    WHY do you have to remind me of that while we're all talking about Disneyworld?
    If it makes you feel any better the state just passed a law now making it illegal to take upskirt photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Problems with that are pretty much to the bone.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir..._groped_laywer
    Yeah absolutely nothing wrong with keeping the investigation and punishment of sexual assaults and harassment in the hands of the Military's chain of command.

Oh and North Korea, China's starting to get tired of your shit.
    http://news.yahoo.com/china-says-not...032259434.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    A Malaysia Airlines Flight carrying 239 people went missing on its way to Beijing. About 2 hours into its flight authorities just lost contact with it. The story is still early and underway so no one knows was has actually happened yet. It's just scary to think over 200 people can just disappear like that without any warning. I'm hoping for the best out of this situation.
    According to an update, the plane has crashed 153 miles south from a Vietnamese island. This doesn't look good.

Thanks for the update. I wish it wasn't bad news but the siuation looked bleak from the beginning, so it was expected. My condolences to the families of the victims.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by cooldud View Post
    Almost certainly a flag of convenince. The ship will be illicit, but not because it's in service to Kim Jong Un.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    According to an update, the plane has crashed 153 miles south from a Vietnamese island. This doesn't look good.
    where does it say this? All the news updates I see are still looking

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Malaysia Airlines is one of the better airplane services in Malaysia. So for it to get into an accident is something really serious. Our TV stations are squeezing out whatever information they can get but I think they're still looking for it. All we can do now is pray and wait.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information