+ Reply to Thread
Page 598 of 893 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 608 648 698 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,960 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

A little something to cheer up after all the shit we seem to talk about here:

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Because we didn't get a lot of trick-or-treaters in quite a few of the places I used to live, we actually bought straight up actual sized (or king-sized) candy bars for the kids that bothered to stop by. They're a little more common here though, so that's a fun workout. The split-level place was the worst though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

The most we've ever gotten at my house is like . . . . three. So we bought a bag of reese's cups just in case, but I doubt we'll see many. Hell, I'll probably be working.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Maybe splurge and get the awesomely good candy instead? The boy would say Reese's are the good candy, but stuff like Ferrero Rocher or Toblerone maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    [/URL]Great
    So I'm guessing the one juror that was tossed for bias was the one sane person in the lot.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    So I'm guessing the one juror that was tossed for bias was the one sane person in the lot.
    "Wait a minute, they holed themselves up with guns and tried to coerce the government into giving up nature preserve land to continue the monstrously destructive practice of cattle ranching in the west?"

"That sounds like filthy carpetbagging yankee talk to me."

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

SPEAKING OF LAND MANAGEMENT IN THE WEST

Sioux protesting a pipeline cutting through land granted to them in a treaty got the "sound cannons and tear gas" treatment.

The Law of the West continues as thus: you can do fucking anything so long as you're white

Yeah... no major media is reporting on the Sioux pipeline thing. Only getting that from the internet. They're even arresting reporters.

Bad shit is going down there.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    "Wait a minute, they holed themselves up with guns and tried to coerce the government into giving up nature preserve land to continue the monstrously destructive practice of cattle ranching in the west?"

"That sounds like filthy carpetbagging yankee talk to me."

SPEAKING OF LAND MANAGEMENT IN THE WEST

Sioux protesting a pipeline cutting through land granted to them in a treaty got the "sound cannons and tear gas" treatment.

The Law of the West continues as thus: you can do fucking anything so long as you're white
    I must be drunk because I seriously cannot believe they fucking got off.

And if I am not pass me a drink

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    White, rich, and right-wing that is.

Imagine if some Occupy Wall Street kids had tried some stunt along those lines.

Well at least they got at least one sentencing right.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/ex-c...-duty-shooting
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Jesus fucking christ, the only good things about this are...

1. The dipshit who got himself killed died even more pointlessly.
    2. This will be pretty much the ultimate evidence that the legal system if not fucking fair to minorities.

Though holy fuck how could ANYONE get off free over that shit. Ubiq's right, the one juror had to be not a retard.
    This deserves a mistrial for a shitty jury.

Apparently after they got the replacement, deliberations took less than an hour. So it was almost certainly one or more members of the jury getting the guy tossed because he was holding out for a conviction on at least some of the counts.

In other rage inducing news:

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/7...436672/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post

Damnnit, all this will do is further embolden the miltia movement and their ilk. I'm already worried about what bozos like them will do Election Day and after, and this does not help.

https://www.thelocal.se/20161028/stu...ist-sympathies

It's not really suprising seeing how many warriors we've managed to supply IS with.

But that makes it no less fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post

In truth it's us who are suppose to put more effort in the treaty, anyhow.
    Last edited by Lef; October 28th, 2016 at 01:57 PM. Reason: On the sidenote, I think Anti-Adblock Killer is working swell

We've kept hearing about these collage rapists and how some of them get off. Well this one isn't likely going to go free as he's a serial rapist and very violent. Brook Turner has nothing on him (except the money angle)

UW student charged with 11 counts of sexual assault involving 5 women

A search of Cook’s apartment by police turned up more than 20 notebooks that Sampson described Monday as containing “grooming and stalking” techniques, and a search warrant said that notebook entries detailed women by name, what Cook liked about them and what he wanted to do with them.
    ah spoke too soon, they still likely to mess up this trial too.

But there’s no mention of the notebooks in the complaint that was filed on Thursday, Van Wagner pointed out after Cook’s court appearance Thursday.

In particular, Van Wagner took issue with a reference in the notebook, mentioned in court on Monday and in the search warrant, to the word “kill,” which he said was taken out of context and led to unfair characterizations on the internet.
    WTF ya stupid laywer... there is a testimony of him choking a girl, there is a notebook the creep kept detailing what he wants to do to the girls and a few said "kill" .... just how is that taken out of context?!

how can those lawyers sleep at night?
    “Our client has essentially been slaughtered by the social media image of him,” Van Wagner said. Now that he and Nicholson Goetz know what is in the complaint, he said, it’s evident that Cook is not stalking women on campus, did not keep stalking notebooks, and was not a “serial rapist.”
    (emphasis mine)

Hello! There were 5 women attacked that qualifies as 'serial rapist' ... oh yeah as a lawyer you're denying that happened, that it ws consentual. Fuck you.
    The police have the 'stalking notebooks', so they exist. really fuck you scumbag lawyers.

I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information