+ Reply to Thread
Page 589 of 893 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,780 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Oh, that's true...
    Everything's Eventual...

I myself need to be vaccinated by Rabes and Tetanus in my line of work.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I myself need to be vaccinated by Rabes and Tetanus in my line of work.
    Rabies? What is your line of work?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Rabies? What is your line of work?
    Veterinarian Medicine.

I'll say it again, I'm bothered because the anti vaxxers go "ALL VACCINES" and not one company, or one virus or one age when the kids are the most vulnerable.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Veterinarian Medicine.
    Ah, cool.
    Do people ever get mad at you for vaccinating their animals? I know we have anti-vaxxers for people, but I've never heard of a pet version.

Do animals get autism? Well if people force cats and dogs to be vegans, they could as easily deny them the shots.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Ah, cool.
    Do people ever get mad at you for vaccinating their animals? I know we have anti-vaxxers for people, but I've never heard of a pet version.
    We do have dogs and cats that may have some sort of viral reaction to the vaccines that it is not really autism, but you have to consider things like the time of storage and the viral dose. But anyway, if an animal gets rabies we have to kill them anyway. And it is worse on farm animals like oxes and horses that are bitten by bats everywhere.

Are there a lot of vaccines for animals though? I can only think of the one for Rabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Oh, that's true...
    Cheaper than booking a trip to Vermont

Women should totally be okay with making far less money than men as opposed to making the same as men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Are there a lot of vaccines for animals though? I can only think of the one for Rabies.
    My kitten got one against a few common diseases like cat flu (is that the right term in English?) and some others I can't recall.

Autism is still a very new thing to our knowledge. We still don't know a lot about it, so I can see how people would try and fit 2 and 2 together and try and make correlations with things. Autism is very hard to detect in young kids though. My own nephew was JUST diagnosed with mild autism and he's 5. and they KNEW there was going to be complications with his development from the beginning, so he's been monitored since birth. (My sis-in-law had troubles giving birth) Anyways, I'm trying to say, even with the close eye and all the moniroting, it still took till my nephew was 5 to be diagnosed. I can only imagine how hard it is to detect in other children, and yes, this is about the time when kids start getting vaccines, so I can see how people could get confused in mixing these 2 things together. But There is so much proof out there, that this is wrong. I do totally agree though, with monitoring companies and wanting to know more. knowledge is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Most women already miss out on those $1/hour jobs. Only 6.7% of the prison population is female.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    Autism is still a very new thing to our knowledge. We still don't know a lot about it, so I can see how people would try and fit 2 and 2 together and try and make correlations with things. Autism is very hard to detect in young kids though. My own nephew was JUST diagnosed with mild autism and he's 5. and they KNEW there was going to be complications with his development from the beginning, so he's been monitored since birth. (My sis-in-law had troubles giving birth) Anyways, I'm trying to say, even with the close eye and all the moniroting, it still took till my nephew was 5 to be diagnosed. I can only imagine how hard it is to detect in other children, and yes, this is about the time when kids start getting vaccines, so I can see how people could get confused in mixing these 2 things together. But There is so much proof out there, that this is wrong. I do totally agree though, with monitoring companies and wanting to know more. knowledge is always good.
    I believe Autism can be diagnosed from a brain MRI. If we can make those more widespread, it should help a lot with diagnosis.

They're trying to vaccinate crickets for Cricket Paralysis Virus. It's a horribly painful disease (for crickets) that has a 95% fatality rate and spreads rapidly via unknown means. I've seen them die... it's actually really sad, despite them being just bugs.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; October 10th, 2016 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    My kitten got one against a few common diseases like cat flu (is that the right term in English?) and some others I can't recall.
    I was about to say cats get a few. Besides the flu, and rabies. I had to pull out my records when I adopted my cat Tyche but only saw the rabies and the distemper combo. So I went goooling.

There are 5 viral diseases that cats are commonly vaccinated for:

•herpes (rhinotracheitis) - the 'R' in FVRCP.
    •calici - the 'C' in FVRCP.
    •panleukopenia ("feline distemper") - the 'P' in FVRCP.
    •feline leukemia - FeLV.
    •rabies.

So maybe it is only 2 vaccines, Rabies and FVRCP, as the first 4 seem to be covered in the combination vaccine.

In other news.
    Its politics but not presidential candidates. A state rep was caught stealing the lawn signs of his opponent.

State Rep. Curry Todd caught stealing campaign signs from opponent and that's not the best part

Last edited by Katzztar; October 10th, 2016 at 06:04 PM.

I believe kennel cough is another one for dogs.

Veterinarian Medicine.
    Cool!

I also got my tetanous shot recently. I think it's just a general vaccine that people are supposed to get when they're young. Or younger.

Farm animals have a lot of them like Herpes, Flu, Leptospirosis, Clostridia and of course rabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I believe kennel cough is another one for dogs.

Cool!

I also got my tetanous shot recently. I think it's just a general vaccine that people are supposed to get when they're young. Or younger.
    Every ten years. I had to get mine a couple years ago. It sucked and I whined all day lol.

Iran Revelutionary gaurds are fighting with some armed kurd groups

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    Iran Revelutionary gaurds are fighting with some armed kurd groups
    Source, please?

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Having a discussion with someone on another site regarding Putin's influence in Ukraine. This is his argument:
    I really don’t think Putin should be put in the same bandwagon as Assad or Kim Jung Il.I mean, sure, he uses war liberally, and nearly certainly uses political assassinations and imprisonments, too. He’s by no means a “good” guy. However, I do think he does what he believes is needed for Russia to remain “great”.
    So, yes, he protects Russian interests, aggressively if needed, like in Chechenia, or in Ukraine, or in Syria…
    … but don’t forget what he’s up against. I mean, the head of the state, in Georgia (not the US state, the country near the Black sea), unilaterally declared independence, while, if memory serves, insulting Russia. Well, that was a clear casus belli, there.
    In Syria, Assad is a traditional ally to the USSR, then to Russia. The US and their allies (which include Turkey and Israel, and, to my shame, France – along with a lot of other UE countries) wanted to change this. This is why they sponsored the rebellion, even the more fundamentalist factions (part of which are now known as AQMI…), by offering them weapons, bombing the country (WITHOUT a UN mandate to do so, etc.)
    Now, a lot of people weep at how Syria is torn asunder, at the number of civilian deaths, etc… I do NOT condone Assad’s methods, and I wish he could be removed by DEMOCRATIC means, but those do NOT include civil war. Plus, the Baas party may be a “communist” party in the middle east, but, at least, it’s not favorable to muslim extremism…

As for Ukraine, the country has two distinct parts: one, on the west, which is rather pro-Europe, where people speak mostly Ukrainian, etc… and one, on the east, where people are rather pro-Russia, where people speak mostly Russian, etc (because those lands were given by Stalin, maybe 50 years ago, from Russian lands). The insurrection against the Russia-aligned government started quite peacefully, and the police did NOT fire at the people. Then, one day, everything went awry, a lot of deaths in the protesting crowd, AND deaths in the police force (shot down). So, who shot first ? And why have the police deaths been that soon after the start of the firing ? I mean, had there only been peaceful protesters, which, outraged by the killings, had retreated, and came back with weapons, it should have taken time, right ? It’s almost as if at least SOME people, in the crowd, were already armed – maybe to ignite the powderkeg, and force a violent revolution.
    Now, in Ukraine, people tell you that separatists are bad rebels, and that the rest of the country is protecting itself against Russia… but the truth is that, once again, it’s the Cold War reinstated… The new Ukraine governement (pro-UE/US) declared that, from now on, only Ukrainian was to be used in official documents (when a lot of the population don’t even know how to speak it !) – instead of, say, initiating a great “let’s teach Ukrainian in school” plan, and putting a reasonable deadline, like, maybe, 20 or 30 years away, where Russian would, indeed, no longer be a valid official language.
    They also revoked the rights of occupation for a major Russian navy base (Sevastopol, I guess it was – this is from memory), there again with a very short delay, instead of giving a reasonable timeframe – maybe a few years, to allow Russia to relocate it in good order.

So, all in all, coupled with aggressive anti-russian talk, and with skirmishes between supporters of both camps, it lead to a full-on rebellion. After it started, it seems hard to begrudge Putin defending russian-speaking populations, on used-to-be-russian lands…
    So, yeah, he’s hard, ruthless, and in no way a saint. But I’d agree he’s, in a lot of ways, like some presidents the US had (the CIA is not known for its kindness or its love of democratically-elected opponents to US policies, and sending troops on foreign land to protect “vital national interests” is, unfortunately, a sport much practiced by big countries – yes, you may include England, France, China, there, and, if you go a bit further in the past, you’ll see Spain and Portugal doing it, too, along with the Netherlands, or the republic of Venice, etc… or even ancient Rome. All powerful countries feel the need to protect their influence and their prerogatives, and do so either diplomatically, or by waging war. Usually using the latter when the former fails.
    So, you know, just wanted to set a few things straight, here. (French reader, here).
    Legit?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information