+ Reply to Thread
Page 585 of 893 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 583 584 585 586 587 595 635 685 ... LastLast
Results 11,681 to 11,700 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #11681

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuschiawarrior View Post
    Assange promises to release documents on war, oil, google, mass surveillance and US election every week for the next 10 weeks.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-10-weeks.html
    It's worth nothing that the conference itself provided nothing of substance. :P

    We'll have to wait and see what Assange has up his sleeve.


    Category 4 Hurricane Matthew just made landfall in Haiti. It's already bad. :(
    Last edited by RoboBlue; October 4th, 2016 at 07:40 AM.

  2. #11682

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Assange has nothing.

  3. #11683

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Assange has nothing.
    People are saying that Assange didn't actually promise anything for the stream, and the media made those promises without evidence. Is there a place I can watch the stream without Alex Jones' ugly mug cutting in every two minutes?

  4. #11684

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Assange is a rapist so it's for the best that everyone ignores what he says.

  5. #11685

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Assange is a rapist so it's for the best that everyone ignores what he says.
    Not to defend Assange, but that doesn't really work.

    By that logic... why do people still listen to Bill Clinton?
    Last edited by RoboBlue; October 4th, 2016 at 11:00 AM.

  6. #11686
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    I still remember the media covering just how bad Julian Assange smells. Completely unnecessary information, and probably wrong anyway, but still scary how stuff like that sticks once it's out there.


  7. #11687

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    The public deserves to know Assange's dirty laundry. Transparency!

  8. #11688

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Not to defend Assange, but that doesn't really work.

    By that logic... why do people still listen to Bill Clinton?
    Because he's a pretty popular and likable guy and unlike Assange didn't commit an apparent sexual assault that he's been evading arrest for over the last few years while hypocritically trying to a make someone out to look like a criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  9. #11689

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Because he's a pretty popular and likable guy and unlike Assange didn't commit an apparent sexual assault that he's been evading arrest for over the last few years while hypocritically trying to a make someone out to look like a criminal.
    I think the rich former president has a few advantage that Assange doesn't have. They're both alleged rapists and it's dumb to completely boil down someone's entire existence to a single criminal act anyway. Also, did Bill Clinton really never call someone else out on alleged criminal activity?

  10. #11690

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Didn't Assange say that the only reason he won't stand trial for the rape is because he fears extradition to the US straight afterwards for the Wikileaks stuff?

    It doesn't justify anything of course, that's just the reason I've been led to believe.

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

  11. #11691

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    They're both alleged rapists
    Difference being Bill's supposed sexual assault(s) were never proven nor did he go into hiding over them.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    and it's dumb to completely boil down someone's entire existence to a single criminal act anyway.
    It's also dumb to boil someone's entire existence down to "speculative" and outright non criminal acts but yet that's what Republicans have been doing with the Clintons for years.


    I don't know as to my knowledge Bill had never been charged or convicted of a crime and therefore the above link doesn't have anything to do with my original point of Assange being a hypocrite.

    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Didn't Assange say that the only reason he won't stand trial for the rape is because he fears extradition to the US straight afterwards for the Wikileaks stuff?

    It doesn't justify anything of course, that's just the reason I've been led to believe.
    It's the reason he won't leave the Ecuadorian Embassy.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 4th, 2016 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  12. #11692

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Not to defend Assange, but that doesn't really work.

    By that logic... why do people still listen to Bill Clinton?
    Even Ken Starr didn't find Juanita Broaddrick's story credible and his entire investigation was built around finding things to discredit Clinton.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  13. #11693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Difference being Bill's supposed sexual assault(s) were never proven nor did he go into hiding over them.
    Assange's were?

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    It's also dumb to boil someone's entire existence down to "speculative" and outright non criminal acts but yet that's what Republicans have been doing with the Clintons for years.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I don't know as to my knowledge Bill had never been charged orconvicted of a crime and therefore the above link doesn't have anything to do with my original point of Assange being a hypocrite.
    Again... presidents commit crimes all the time. They generally aren't charged for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Even Ken Starr didn't find Juanita Broaddrick's story credible and his entire investigation was built around finding things to discredit Clinton.
    There seem to be two schools of thought when it comes to rape allegations:
    1.) We should always believe the victim.
    2.) Rape is a very difficult crime to prove, and it's unfortunate that many victims go without justice.

    In Assange's case, the two women involved apparently admitted that they gave consent, and then later withdrew it. This makes the rape even more difficult to prove, and the case against him was initially dropped because, as the prosecutor put it...
    "I don't think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape," says one of Stockholm's chief prosecutors, Eva Finne.
    I haven't done much research into the accusations against Bill, but the fact remains that he has also been accused of rape. We should not view his entire life through the lens of that one accusation.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; October 4th, 2016 at 01:36 PM.

  14. #11694

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Assange's were?
    So long as he continues acting like he's Roman Polanski they may never be proven one way or the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    True if you're a Republican Conservative you got to make a shit ton of wrongs to be right.


    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    In Assange's case, the two women involved apparently admitted that they gave consent, and then later withdrew it. This makes the rape even more difficult to prove, and the case against him was initially dropped because, as the prosecutor put it...
    Except when you're accused of rape and then go on the run to avoid facing charges....you kind of make yourself look guilty.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 4th, 2016 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  15. #11695

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    True if you're a Republican Conservative you got to make a shit ton of wrongs to be right.
    So you hate Republicans. Why does that matter in this discussion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So long as he continues acting like he's Roman Polanski they may never be proven one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Except when you're accused of rape and then go on the run to avoid facing charges....you kind of make yourself look guilty.
    True, but he's being charged by people who openly admitted that there was no reason to suspect that he had done the very thing they're currently charging him with.

  16. #11696

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    So you hate Republicans. Why does that matter in this discussion?
    Didn't realize a bit of snark is the same as making an outright statement but okay.


    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    True, but he's being charged by people who openly admitted that there was no reason to suspect that he had done the very thing they're currently charging him with.
    It's interesting you posted that timeline though especially since that timeline also includes these pieces of info.

    Quote Originally Posted by September 1 2010
    Public Prosecutions Director Marianne Ny said there was "reason to believe a crime has been committed" and that the crime was classified as rape.
    This came after this part in the timeline you mentioned earlier

    Quote Originally Posted by August 21 2010
    The arrest warrant is withdrawn. "I don't think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape," says one of Stockholm's chief prosecutors, Eva Finne.
    And there's these two bits.


    Quote Originally Posted by August 15 2015
    Swedish prosecutors drop their investigation into two allegations - one of sexual molestation and one of unlawful coercion because they have run out of time to question him. He still faces an accusation of rape and continues to deny the allegations
    Quote Originally Posted by August 15 2015
    The more serious allegation of rape is not due to expire until 2020.
    That's not a good look however you want to slice it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  17. #11697

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    That's not a good look however you want to slice it.
    Are you implying that one of the women was underage? One was 26 and the other was 31.
    Otherwise, I'm not sure how the molestation charge looks worse than the rape charge.

    If there's evidence, let's hear it. If not, it's just like any other unproven rape accusation: maybe true, maybe not, and regrettable either way.

    To repeat my point: It's wrong to base your entire judgement of someone on a single accusation.

  18. #11698

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    In Assange's case, the two women involved apparently admitted that they gave consent, and then later withdrew it. This makes the rape even more difficult to prove, and the case against him was initially dropped because, as the prosecutor put it...
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...assange-sweden

    Just so it doesn't appear that they consented and one minuter later withdrew it, but I agree with you rape cases are very difficult to prove if there was some consensual sex before.

    Spoiler:

    According to the statement, Miss A then realised he was trying to have unprotected sex with her. She told police that she had tried a number of times to reach for a condom but Assange had stopped her by holding her arms and pinning her legs. The statement records Miss A describing how Assange then released her arms and agreed to use a condom, but she told the police that at some stage Assange had "done something" with the condom that resulted in it becoming ripped, and ejaculated without withdrawing.


    Early the next morning, Miss W told police, she had gone to buy breakfast before getting back into bed and falling asleep beside Assange. She had awoken to find him having sex with her, she said, but when she asked whether he was wearing a condom he said no. "According to her statement, she said: 'You better not have HIV' and he answered: 'Of course not,' " but "she couldn't be bothered to tell him one more time because she had been going on about the condom all night. She had never had unprotected sex before."



    In other news british troops to be exempt from European human rights laws.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7343551.html

  19. #11699

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    If there's evidence, let's hear it.
    Great idea, now if only Assange would leave the Ecuadorian embassy and go to court in Sweden, you know, those places where evidence is brought up. Then maybe we could start seeing evidence presented and stuff like that.

  20. #11700

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Are you implying that one of the women was underage?
    If you're referring to the Polanski jab not that part specifically I meant the part of committing a sexual assault then running.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    If there's evidence, let's hear it. If not, it's just like any other unproven rape accusation: maybe true, maybe not, and regrettable either way.
    If he stays at the Ecuadorian Embassy until 2020 the rape allegation will forever remain an allegation. And any supposed evidence will be moot, the ball's in Assange's court not mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    To repeat my point: It's wrong to base your entire judgement of someone on a single accusation.
    It's also wrong to defend someone deliberately evading arrest and questioning for an alleged crime under shitty pretenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts