+ Reply to Thread
Page 584 of 893 FirstFirst ... 84 484 534 574 582 583 584 585 586 594 634 684 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #11661

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I thought it was just typical police recklessness... which would be less bad?
    It's a combination of that and an officer(s) using their badge and gun to settle scores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  2. #11662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    It's a combination of that and an officer(s) using their badge and gun to settle scores.
    The worst of both worlds then.

    I'm seeing a lot of people upset online about this.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; October 1st, 2016 at 07:11 AM.

  3. #11663
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Bees are now officially an endangered species:
    http://gizmodo.com/bees-placed-on-en...-ti-1787313026

    I think I might start beekeeping.

  4. #11664
    Swole Chihuahua Rogues' Gallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Writing my Novel

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Bees are now officially an endangered species:
    http://gizmodo.com/bees-placed-on-en...-ti-1787313026

    I think I might start beekeeping.
    Side-story relating to bees, but my grandfather had a beehive (beehouse?) in his backyard that he kept for years, I have very fond memories of me and my brother always excitedly asking our papa to let one of the bees sting his palm every time we came over. It would never affect him because his hands were so coarse from all the blue-collar work he did on sheet metal. It was so awesome to watch.
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; October 1st, 2016 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Someone married their stepmom and then got murdered?
    Sounds like he used a monkey paw to make a porno story come true.
    Then the curse of the paw eventually killed him.

  5. #11665
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Watching bumble bees feed from the flowers is one of my favorite Spring things ever.

  6. #11666

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    Side-story relating to bees, but my grandfather had a beehive (beehouse?) in his backyard that he kept for years, I have very fond memories of me and my brother always excitedly asking our papa to let one of the bees sting his palm every time we came over. It would never affect him because his hands were so coarse from all the blue-collar work he did on sheet metal. It was so awesome to watch.
    ....Doesn't that kill the bees though?

  7. #11667

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    A referendum on a proposed peace treaty between Colombia and FARC has the proposal narrowly rejected.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37537252
    Complicating things since 2009.

  8. #11668

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    In other referendum news, 95% of Hungary, that country that still demands you to feel sympathy for their Cold War plight and demands you honor the brave people who fled across the Iron Curtain, voted against taking in some 1300 refugees that have to be relocated from Greece and Italy. However, since attendance was 5% below the required 50%, the results are invalid.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-poll-results

  9. #11669
    Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a chest, down by the river!

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq
    A referendum on a proposed peace treaty between Colombia and FARC has the proposal narrowly rejected.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37537252
    Hope for humanity....GONE!

  10. #11670
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    In other referendum news, 95% of Hungary, that country that still demands you to feel sympathy for their Cold War plight and demands you honor the brave people who fled across the Iron Curtain, voted against taking in some 1300 refugees that have to be relocated from Greece and Italy. However, since attendance was 5% below the required 50%, the results are invalid.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-poll-results
    I'm part of the ones who didn't go to vote. This whole thing's just a clusterfuck to point to a "common" enemy while the real villains are "leading" the country. It was a needless poll to begin with. Most people I know either didn't go or voted invalid.
    The only good thing coming out of all this are the numerous campaign ads basically making fun of the other campaigns: with signs reading "Did you know? A tree could fall on you." ridiculing the "Did you know? Brussels wants a cityful of illegal immigrants getting housing in Hungary."

    I fear for what's coming though. Sentiments over here are very anti-immigrant and I really don't want people exploding into a rage and tearing the streets apart. There's a lot of bottled up aggression in a lot of people here.


  11. #11671

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I'm part of the ones who didn't go to vote. This whole thing's just a clusterfuck to point to a "common" enemy while the real villains are "leading" the country. It was a needless poll to begin with. Most people I know either didn't go or voted invalid.
    The only good thing coming out of all this are the numerous campaign ads basically making fun of the other campaigns: with signs reading "Did you know? A tree could fall on you." ridiculing the "Did you know? Brussels wants a cityful of illegal immigrants getting housing in Hungary."

    I fear for what's coming though. Sentiments over here are very anti-immigrant and I really don't want people exploding into a rage and tearing the streets apart. There's a lot of bottled up aggression in a lot of people here.
    I feel your pain. Replace Hungary with America, Brussels with Hillary and throw in a quote from Trump... you've got my problem.

  12. #11672
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I feel your pain. Replace Hungary with America, Brussels with Hillary and throw in a quote from Trump... you've got my problem.
    We laugh a lot about Trump over here. I even have a self-made pun with him involved.

    I guess it's not as funny sometimes in the USA.

    I wonder... Do you guys laugh at our dear politicians?


  13. #11673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    We laugh a lot about Trump over here. I even have a self-made pun with him involved.

    I guess it's not as funny sometimes in the USA.

    I wonder... Do you guys laugh at our dear politicians?
    We barely hear about them. Our news covers our own politicians almost exclusively.

    Putin's probably the only foreign politician most people could name, aside from dead ones like Hitler, Stalin or Julius Caesar.




    Montreal's banning pit bulls.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; October 3rd, 2016 at 04:30 PM.

  14. #11674

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II


  15. #11675

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    What the fuck is blue lives matters and why is it, whatever it is, worth beating a man to death over it.

  16. #11676

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    It is a pro cop movement which often opposes black lives matter and he wasn't a man, but a seventeen year old high schooler.
    Last edited by Fuschiawarrior; October 4th, 2016 at 06:11 AM.

  17. #11677

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Iraqis already using the 9/11 bill to sue America for the 2003 invasion.

    http://www.mintpressnews.com/iraqis-...vasion/221071/

  18. #11678

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuschiawarrior View Post
    It is a pro cop movement which oftenopposes black lives matter.
    Oh that makes sense. I was thinking aliens for some reason and was all wtf lol

  19. #11679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Iraqis already using the 9/11 bill to sue America for the 2003 invasion.

    http://www.mintpressnews.com/iraqis-...vasion/221071/
    How much compensation would be reasonable? I know it sucks for the US to have to pay... but it sucked for the Iraqis more to be invaded for no reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    What the fuck is blue lives matters and why is it, whatever it is, worth beating a man to death over it.
    An uncertain number of Black Lives Matter supporters have a history of threatening and attacking people, so it's more about the fact that he was labeled a subversive and less about what his actual beliefs were.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; October 4th, 2016 at 06:28 AM.

  20. #11680

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Assange promises to release documents on war, oil, google, mass surveillance and US election every week for the next 10 weeks.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-10-weeks.html

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts