+ Reply to Thread
Page 583 of 893 FirstFirst ... 83 483 533 573 581 582 583 584 585 593 633 683 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,660 of 17845

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Sarcasm but as it is this almost seems like an idea dredged up almost exclusively from the minds of Republicans looking for something to waste time and money legislating on. The fact that they can say that successfully vetoed Obama on something is something they're obviously going to take great pride in.
    That depends on the outcome. If this really does end up costing us hundreds of millions of dollars, the GOP will want it forgotten faster than a bush presidency.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; September 28th, 2016 at 11:21 PM.

^ They've wasted nearly that much money trying to repeal the ACA alone what's a few more millions flushed down the toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...erride-n657046

So despite Obama telling Congress that signing the 9/11 bill could have in terms of other countries suing the US due to our militaries' actions and the Senate voting to override his veto, many of them look like they finally read the bill and are blaming Obama for not explaining the bill better

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post

So despite Obama telling Congress that signing the 9/11 bill could have in terms of other countries suing the US due to our militaries' actions and the Senate voting to override his veto, many of them look like they finally read the bill and are blaming Obama for not explaining the bill better
    Congress really is a extra large lazy bitchy high school classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post

Makes sense he should have to explain whats in a bill he's didn't create or sponsor.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Not surprising it's starting to become a very bad trend of people calling the police for help then someone winding up dead after the fact.

Not surprising it's starting to become a very bad trend of people calling the police for help then someone winding up dead after the fact.
    The police do seem to have huge policy problems with domestic disturbances. My girlfriend's boss had violent squatters living in his house for months, doing drugs in front of his kids. The cops wouldn't do shit because it was a "domestic issue".

So much for history being written by the winners huh?
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/wash...during-slavery

According to the document, African-Americans “took full advantage” of welfare programs that were created by President Lyndon B. Johnson’s “Great Society.”
    “The long-term results, however, have been devastating,” the document says. “Over three centuries of a strong work ethic, cohesive families, the thirst for education and Christian values as vital parts of the African-American heritage gave way to long-term dependence on the government and the erosion of the work ethic.”
    Someone didn't tell this guy blacks had a strong work ethic during slavery because they were coerced into working under threat of torture and death. This isn't even getting into the fact that Slaves weren't allowed to learn and their descendants were kept from going to white schools under Jim Crow.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    There's been several articles about that today (obviously) but further reading indicates a few things.

The biggie is that 400 parts per million are a “milestone,” not a “tipping point.” We're *not* irreversably screwed... yet. And maybe scary numbers can prod harsher restrictions and better study of solar and whatnot.

Oceans are definitely going to rise at least some and animal species are screwed... and if you live on the coast or an island... don't....

Yeah, we're fucked. We've messed up the world. But despite the headlines its not the point of no return... yet.

Doesn't help that republicans are still declaring global climate change is a myth.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Well we had one in the next town over a few years ago, but I think she's in jail now.

Spoiler:

Wonder if exorcism is a typical three year program, with add-ons if you want to get a master's degree.

Or if it's more like a trade school with a focus on workplace education. Y'know shadowing a trained exorcist in the field.

The United Brotherhood of Exorcists is a key pillar of the AFL-CIO.

Trump University had an exorcism program; it was a VHS tape of Father Guido Sarducci skits.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Wonder if there has ever been a exorcist strike.

The great exorcist strike of 89 was hard on all of us

For what it's worth race wasn't a motivator in the shooting one of the guys supposedly had a bit of grudge with the boy's
    father.

For what it's worth race wasn't a motivator in the shooting one of the guys supposedly had a bit of grudge with the boy's
    father.
    I thought it was just typical police recklessness... which would be less bad?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information