+ Reply to Thread
Page 579 of 893 FirstFirst ... 79 479 529 569 577 578 579 580 581 589 629 679 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

It's just a matter of time...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...u-s/?tid=sm_fb

Not even sure what to do. Police probably won't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Because you're being a dick yourself, missing or dismissing the points made entirely, and it's impossible for anyone to take you seriously at this point, and calling you out on it is the only reaction people can have to some of the things you are saying.
    A fight between the staff is the last thing I wanted from this.
    I'm sorry for offending anyone.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    It's just a matter of time...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...u-s/?tid=sm_fb

Not even sure what to do. Police probably won't do anything about it.
    Eh, the laughable attempts at "PR" for of a group of bigots that are way past their glory days.

Let em shrivel up and blow away into the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    A fight between the staff is the last thing I wanted from this.
    I'm sorry for offending anyone.
    I'm not fighting with you. Nothing personal against you and I didn't myself take any offense at anything you said.

But you asked why people were being rude to you and dismissing what your were saying, I gave you the reason.

But hey, apologies are good!
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreato View Post
    Eh, the laughable attempts at "PR" for of a group of bigots that are way past their glory days.

Let em shrivel up and blow away into the wind.
    It's 3am and your children are safe and asleep. Do you want a guy with a sheet over his head answering the phone?

Massive riots going on in Charlotte, North Carolina over black shootings.

Cops have already killed at least two protesters.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

It's already gone up? That's fucking scary...
    Working process.

I've read one protestor died but I'm not seeing anything about 2 fatalities or that police were involved in the shooting (of the protestor).
    Everything's Eventual...

Apparently the guy who was said to be dead actually isn't, but he's in critical condition.

And the riots are still going strong..
    Working process.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    I've read one protestor died but I'm not seeing anything about 2 fatalities or that police were involved in the shooting (of the protestor).
    There's been cries of "They killed another one" going out.

I guess the first might be the guy that was murdered yesterday, rather than at the riot.

Well Rush Limbaugh must be smiling because pure genius he is, he predicted this on the radio, when nobody else could.... ugh I hate having to share certain radio stations with people on car rides
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

It's not even a prediction at this point. It's entered the realm of common sense. Wonder if they'll try looting the Walmart again.

It's not really a hard thing to predict an angry protest against police violence turning violent when there's boiling tensions and an inevitable confrontation with ummm....the police. The police had to be there too so, yeah, the confrontation was inevitable. It was only a matter if segments of the peaceful protest would break off and start throwing bottles and rocks and get everyone even more riled up.
    Everything's Eventual...

So from what I've gathered

- Black person was shot when he was mistaken for a suspect.
    - Still unclear whether he was holding a gun or a book, and whether he threatened the police or not.
    - No footage of the event has been released
    - Protests started out peaceful (not like the media cares about that)
    - A group of people started rioting, which eventually spread
    - One guy was killed, turned out he was actually alive but on life support. Allegedly shot by protesters.
    - Several lootings took place.
    - One reporter was tackled live
    - Some protesters tried to keep it peaceful, including an awesome guy and his chair.

Some reports...
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-of-emergency
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/22/us/cha...sts/index.html

I just wish that the media could report more of the peaceful protests. That's what people need to see. But nope, has to go full riot before it's interesting enough.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

The officer who shot him was black, but I'm seeing opinion pieces claiming that it's wrong to assume he wasn't racist against black people.
    Vinson's race is being used by some to dismiss charges that Scott was the victim of racist policing. To reduce the role of anti-blackness in policing to merely the race of officers involved in fatal police encounters is misguided, however. It betrays a profound misunderstanding of the ways racism and anti-blackness work within systems, assumes that black people are free of anti-black bias and that black officers somehow transcend the police cultures in which they’re steeped.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    So from what I've gathered

- Black person was shot when he was mistaken for a suspect.
    - Still unclear whether he was holding a gun or a book, and whether he threatened the police or not.
    - No footage of the event has been released
    - Protests started out peaceful (not like the media cares about that)
    - A group of people started rioting, which eventually spread
    - One guy was killed, turned out he was actually alive but on life support. Allegedly shot by protesters.
    - Several lootings took place.
    - One reporter was tackled live
    - Some protesters tried to keep it peaceful, including an awesome guy and his chair.

Some reports...
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-of-emergency
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/22/us/cha...sts/index.html

I just wish that the media could report more of the peaceful protests. That's what people need to see. But nope, has to go full riot before it's interesting enough.
    I have a friend who works as a public defender in Charlotte who works nearby where the Hornets play who watched the protests when they were peaceful before he had to leave to go home. As he started walking by the arena and the shop where they sell all the team merch he saw four unmarked vans full of people pull up with about 80 percent of them getting out and walking towards the protests while the rest started to try and break the windows of the merch store while the others yelled at them to stop

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Yeah, it's the part of police culture "us vs. them", police brutality, and unjustified use of lethal force which people are protesting against. These are not just protests against specific cops as people aren't just fighting for specific victims. They're protests to seek justice and accountability, stop future abuses/negligent uses of power and future victims of a system that heavily disadvantages minorities. That will make our justice system better for everybody! It does not matter what the cop's race is in the overall equation though in a case by case basis it can come into play, but it's the mindset, practices, and interwoven culture that needs needs to change. The negative parts.
    Everything's Eventual...

Have there been any measures taken to improve the police force in any state or city?
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

So Texas wants out of the US refugee resettlement program. I feel like I should say something but I'm too stupefied by some of the comments people have made on this issue so I can't think of anything to say at the moment. I need to go bash my head against the wall for a while now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information