+ Reply to Thread
Page 577 of 893 FirstFirst ... 77 477 527 567 575 576 577 578 579 587 627 677 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,540 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Hasn't Russia "accidentally" bombed Rebel troops when fighting ISIS?
    For it to be an accident would require that the Russians acknowledge there's any difference between the various rebel groups and ISIS.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Hasn't Russia "accidentally" bombed Rebel troops when fighting ISIS?
    Russia is directly and purposefully attacking the rebels.
    They've been nonchalantly causing lots of civilian casualties in the process however.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Right, so as long as we keep that in perspective this error on the U.S's part doesn't look that bad.

Of course, naturally no one will really publicize that comparison.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Right, so as long as we keep that in perspective this error on the U.S's part doesn't look that bad.

Of course, naturally no one will really publicize that comparison.
    So at the UN meeting that Russia called, Russia walked out because we called them out on making a publicity stunt.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The ceasefire concerns the Rebels (backed by Turkey) vs Regime (backed by Russia/Iran) vs Kurds/Rebels (backed by West) events. It has nothing to do with ISIS, no one pledged to stop fighting ISIS lol.
    I realize this. Which is why the US "accidentally" bombing the regime is breaking the ceasefire. You sure are hung up on Russia being a propaganda machine while blindly trusting the US and blatantly biased news sources in the US. That being said I picked one of the first news sites to post here and didn't realize I was posting "Russian propaganda".

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I realize this. Which is why the US "accidentally" bombing the regime is breaking the ceasefire.
    lol you're clearly still not aware of this if you still think the ceasefire has anything to do with what happened. Russia's not even bitching about any breaking of the ceasefire, they're accusing the US of helping ISIS. ISIS, which in both reality and the sentence you're quoting, is not part of any ceasefire. Deir Ezzor has never been subject of the ceasefire as its not involving any of the ceasefire parties fighting each-other.

Also I love how the US, which has been so resistant to bombing the regime even when it should have (like say, after the first chemical weapons attacks it committed that Obama described as a red line..then did nothing)? Will totally randomly bomb them out of nowhere in a really obvious way that achieves nothing aside from partly maybe helping ISIS in a small backwater city. Yeah that makes a lot of fucking sense.

You sure are hung up on Russia being a propaganda machine

Its only been a matter of countless thousands of studies and articles that Russia runs an incredibly sophisticated propaganda operation both internally and externally on a multi-media level in a variety of languages. Up to and including it being a department of government that hasn't seen cuts even in their severe financial strain.
    But sure yeah, its this one internet guy in a tizzy or something.
    Questioning this like you are is like up and saying "Yeah I pretty much don't pay attention at all".
    while blindly trusting the US and blatantly biased news sources in the US.
    hahaha, Russia is an authoritarian state you fuckin' dipshit. That immediately disqualifies its STATE RUN MEDIA (did you even realize RT, Sputnik etc are state run?) from consideration of credibility.
    You don't have a thimble of awareness of anything going on, you don't get to attempt to argue about what a credible source is.
    But of course I'm giving you WAY too much credit to not be able to pick up that RT is propaganda trash just from reading it.
    A news sites with headlines that are indistinguishable from OP-ED article titles? Hmm! Naw, seems fine to me durrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pre-2014 a person could be forgiven for being confused, but in the past four years?
    Oh and if Trump gets elected RT will start doing plenty of America defending, so like all Useful Idiots you will be jerked around from night to day by the lovingly crafted bullshit you consume and probably not even stop to think "Wait a second..".

That being said I picked one of the first news sites to post here and didn't realize I was posting "Russian propaganda".

Oh neat, so we're not even regularly reading RT, we're just a guy googling shit who also thinks he knows the issue enough to argue it? Sharp.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

https://gma.yahoo.com/least-26-repor...opstories.html

An explosion happened in a dumpster in Chelsea and injured 26

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
    https://gma.yahoo.com/least-26-repor...opstories.html

An explosion happened in a dumpster in Chelsea and injured 26
    This is after a bunch of bombs were discovered along a marathon route in Jersey earlier today.
    Scary, but mad amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Same way we're not reporting on the THREE massive oil spills in the last week.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I... ugh. Why do most news outlets suck so badly now? Even my local radio station decided to only report on the bombings and their new documentary about how cyberbullying affects young women exclusively.

and their new documentary about how cyberbullying affects young women exclusively.
    People shouldn't make things about things involving specific demographics ever because

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    People shouldn't make things about things involving specific demographics ever because
    People shouldn't deliberately ignore 50% of the population, especially when those people are a news organization who neglect their duty to inform the public on other issues at the same time. See Robby's and my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Thank god for the internet as some news stations seem to think everyone wants to hear them talk about the same thing for the entirety of their broadcasts or for the first 15 minutes and nothing else other than the weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

People shouldn't deliberately ignore 50% of the population, especially when those people are a news organization who neglect their duty to inform the public on other issues at the same time. See Robby's and my post above.
    Focusing on a broad issue within a specific demographic is not ignoring everyone else. What if there were documentaries specifically dealing with bullying in the gay community, or the Muslim community, or the Hispanic community? Are those documentaries ignoring all other bullying incidents outside of those communities or are they just a more detailed account of bullying within certain paramaters?

To ignore something is to refuse to acknowledge its existence. Focusing on a specific group does not mean they don't recognize bullying goes on far beyond the group they're focusing on.

And if you're wondering the reason why a person might take the time to focus on a specific group rather than bullying in general, well, you only learn so much about a problem focusing on the overview. You want to really learn about a subject and how it affects different people? You get into specifics.
    Everything's Eventual...

I don't get why this report on police abuse of black people only focuses on black people??????????

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

guys, guys, guy

don't forget that blue lives matter

Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

In other news. Another unarmed black man shot and killed by police.

The 3 cop in question on paid leave.

http://www.tulsaworldtv.com/Graphic-...tcher-31411497

People shouldn't deliberately ignore 50% of the population,
    Do you also complain when Lung Cancer charities don't cover Pancreatic Cancer. Because this is a super nonsense point your making.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information