+ Reply to Thread
Page 517 of 892 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 567 617 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,340 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

On the shooting.... why the hell do civilians need assault rifles??
    What ever one's stance is on gun control, its just common sense that an assault rifle should not be able to be bought by civilians.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

The fact that mass shootings have become all but routine says a lot. This marks the 1'000th mass shooting to occur SINCE Sandy Hook. It's very difficult not to be desensitized and cynical to all of this.

There's a reason Obama looked so tired and worn out giving that speech. He's done it a lot of times now.

And still nothing can be done about it with the current congress.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    The fact that mass shootings have become all but routine says a lot. This marks the 1'000th mass shooting to occur SINCE Sandy Hook. It's very difficult not to be desensitized and cynical to all of this.
    Indeed, especially when people respond exactly the same every single time. Probably for the better to just stay away from any and all online arguments on the matter. It's not like anyone will get wiser from reading what the politicians or anyone else for that matter have to say about it.

Only two guns civilians should have.
    -A Hunting Rifle and this mind you is assuming you actually hunt.
    -A basic pistol. Which you should really only own if you live in or near a high crime rate area.

There is No need for civilians to own any guns that I can think of outside of these two reasons.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

15 times, to be exact. Obama's had to stand out there and make a futile call for change over the preventable loss of American lives twice a year in his presidency.

Which unfortunately means we'll likely have another mass shooting before he leaves office. In the immortal words of Jeb Bush, "Stuff happens."

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There's a reason Obama looked so tired and worn out giving that speech. He's done it a lot of times now.

And still nothing can be done about it with the current congress.
    It's pretty much routine for him at this point. But nothing could be done regardless of congress. These weapons are easily accessible, they are going to be used no matter how many regulations are placed on them.

It's absolutely ridiculous and shameful. Just recently Obama was at a town hall and said that putting suspected terrorists on no-fly lists is nothing, but thanks to the NRA he can't stop them from purchasing a gun.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Why? I actually don't want my brain to melt.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    There is No need for civilians to own any guns that I can think of outside of these two reasons.
    There's little to no reason for any civilian in this country to own a gun since history has shown too many people enjoy doing stupid things with them and the response to this is either brushing it aside or making laws making it even more likely for more stupid things take place.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 12th, 2016 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

3 year old data, but.. the problem definitely isn't guns, right?
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Jameswuds View Post
    It's pretty much routine for him at this point. But nothing could be done regardless of congress. These weapons are easily accessible, they are going to be used no matter how many regulations are placed on them.
    BULLSHIT.

"Putting regulations on it won't help anyway, so why bother putting on regulations" is a nonsense excuse.

The US is the only civilized country in the world that has this problem. Everyone else has better gun control laws and they don't have public shootings twice a week.

No one is saying to recall and hold back every single gun already out there. But there should be better licensing and security checks, and the major automatic warfare items meant to kill fifty people in twenty seconds shouldn't be available to citizens, period. THat's beyond home protection or need for hunting.

There's also buyback programs and regular licensing checks.

This guy was a known abuser, had been investigated by the FBI *twice* and had a history of being mentally unstable, but he was still able to get an automatic weapon with no problem.

If we made people trying to get a gun, go through half the process required to get an abortion, things would be completely different.
    Last edited by Robby; June 13th, 2016 at 07:46 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Lump of Dirt

My opinion on gun control is that I am a fan of guns, but I want stronger regulations for them. I think right now, in America, you can get a gun easier than a car. Which is not very fair at all. With stronger gun control laws, the population will be of course safer. I also think there needs to be mandatory gun classes taken as well. This way, people can be educated on how to use them properly and safely. Besides, that, they should be taught, not kill someone, unless they really need to. Like if they are getting a gun for self-defense, then the classes can teach them where to shoot in spots were the other person cannot die, for example. I'm against killing people, and if I have to use a gun for self-defense, well I rather just harm them enough, that they cannot attack, but at the same time they do not die. I would only kill if I really have to, and that is very rare indeed. I do think people do need second chances in life. Lastly, I don't think automated guns should be banned, but instead have even strong regulations on them compared to the other ones. I know everyone is not like me, so I want better laws to help out everyone, as I have no problem with stricter regulations on any type of gun.

P.S. I don't have a gun yet because they are a bit expensive for me. But when I do, I plan on mostly using it for target practice. And at rarer times, self-defense. I do plan on going to gun classes, so I can use it properly and safely as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    BULLSHIT.

"Putting regulations on it won't help anyway, so why bother putting on regulations" is a nonsense excuse.

The US is the only civilized country in the world that has this problem. Everyone else has better gun control laws and they don't have public shootings twice a week.
    I'm not excusing anything. I'm saying even if the congress were hellbent on stopping the peliferation of machine guns, it wouldn't change the status quo. Of course you shouldn't be able to acquire these type off weapons like it's nothing, naturally there should be regulations and tests that stops people like this from acquiring such guns. The problem is that these weapons are easily accesible even if they aren't sold legally. So what I'm saying is that even if the government were to really step up on this issue, these guns would still be around, these shootings would still happen and it would take years, if not decades to stop the peliferation of such firearms.

Lump of Dirt

I'm not excusing anything. I'm saying even if the congress were hellbent on stopping the peliferation of machine guns, it wouldn't change the status quo. Of course you shouldn't be able to acquire these type off weapons like it's nothing, naturally there should be regulations and tests that stops people like this from acquiring such guns. The problem is that these weapons are easily accesible even if they aren't sold legally. So what I'm saying is that even if the government were to really step up on this issue, these guns would still be around, these shootings would still happen and it would take years, if not decades to stop the peliferation of such firearms.
    Actually, if there were stricter gun laws in the United States, that it will reduce the number of deaths/mass shootings/etc. No one ever said that it will stop everything. And if you read my previous post, I mentioned classes people had to take. Besides that, there needs to gun control throughout the entire nation, not just a few states. By having it throughout the country, it will reduce people getting guns from other states, and then bringing them back in their home state. Like for example, people from Chicago go to Indiana, get guns, and then bring them back into the city. And yes, it may take some time for things to get adjusted with the new laws, but in the end it will be better for everyone.

Is it just me or is Fox News waayy too pro republican? Especially after the Orlando mayhem..

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Is it just me or is Fox News waayy too pro republican? Especially after the Orlando mayhem..
    What was the first thing tipped you off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Let's do a thorough investigation before throwing out accusations like that. Fox News is fair and balanced after all.

Fox News? Republican?? You must be joking

A truly driven terrorist or criminal would probably still get their hands on a gun through illegal means.
    But a lot of the more random massacres from lone wolfs? They might have to settle for handguns alone. Rather than things great for spraying into crowds.
    And a guy like the one yesterday? This is a terrorist yes, but not an organized one. Internet ISIS. With history of violence, and FBI investigation. Easily stoppable from legal acquisition. But probably not savvy enough to navigate the black market.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

ISIS just makes me laugh. They see a random nutjob who happens to be muslim who killed random people in a random western country and go "Yeah, that was us, fear us". Whatever you say, guys...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information