+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 893 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 555 605 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,100 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I'm more wondering how they found a black actor to even film that commercial. He must have been beyond desperate. Or extremely naive in many ways.
    A paycheck is still a paycheck i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Ehhh it depends on the situation and age of the kids. Outerspec's discipline is a proper way to deal with a situation where he knows that perhaps those kids will be distracting to eachother and perhaps the group as a whole. Teachers have to get things done, not just wait for minutes until the class is out of control.

Edit: Woops just realized that this is from days ago. Sorry.
    What sorry? Please do take this thread in any other direction.

I've had more than enough illuminati for one day

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    What sorry? Please do take this thread in any other direction.

Well.. I guess to continue the discussion of teacher discipline techniques, at my last job we had strict rules regarding discipline, which includes no embarrassing or humiliating students as punishments.

So during interviews I would ask teachers how they would discipline students in x or y situations, I remember one teacher saying she would discipline students the way they did back home and in my mind I'm all like "oh wow you're done x_X".
    Hidden:

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/smit...n-early-1900s/

whoa, that taggerung dude got banned! why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    whoa, that taggerung dude got banned! why?
    Rule number 249 of APForums: Never asks why member X got banned.

and normally i wouldn't. but it seems like his sarcastic line (that was directed at either me or smoker-san) got misinterpreted as an actual hate insult.
    but hey i don't want to get banned, so stop me admins whenever you want.

Taggerung was banned so he can fully focus on his future job as Bernie's VP.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/dog-...-claims-owner/

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    and normally i wouldn't. but it seems like his sarcastic line (that was directed at either me or smoker-san) got misinterpreted as an actual hate insult.
    but hey i don't want to get banned, so stop me admins whenever you want.
    Taggerung sucks so bad he's the only person I've ever put on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Ugh, of course he's from Arizona...

Taggerung was banned not for any one post, but for having accumulated multiple infractions, and for bitching about his fourth thread ban, publicly, on his sig, and in private, annoying the staff repeatedly with these complaints, and being generally awful.

It's only a temp ban at the moment, but it may go permanent later if he doesn't learn his lesson.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

And the girl has been charged with felony assault & drug possession.

Sure, this guy was another huge bigot, and his sign is all kinds of fucked up, and people had every damn right to be furious with him,
    but was outright assaulting him really worth the jail time and ruined youth?
    Though I understand that in an emotionally charged situation, it's sometimes "consequences be damned, he needs a fucking smack".

Though there's also always the chance that resorting to violence and aggression will give bigots more belief in what they're saying.
    "I'm striking chords. My words sting these people with truth and they act out!"

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Well.. I guess to continue the discussion of teacher discipline techniques, at my last job we had strict rules regarding discipline, which includes no embarrassing or humiliating students as punishments.

So during interviews I would ask teachers how they would discipline students in x or y situations, I remember one teacher saying she would discipline students the way they did back home and in my mind I'm all like "oh wow you're done x_X".
    A guy i worked with once told me that back in Bolivia, when he was growing up in like the 70's, if two kids had a quarrel in class they both got to go up to the teachers desk. Then they grabbed each other's belt and got to smack the other across the face, one turn each, until one of them yielded. I'm 70% sure he's bullshitting, but on the off chance that he isn't, that's my contender for worst punishment method of the year award.

I actually remember in my first grade class my teacher letting a girl punch a boy that was bothering her in the stomach.....didn't understand the sense of such a punishment at the time but the boy took it look a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Though there's also always the chance that resorting to violence and aggression will give bigots more belief in what they're saying.
    Funny thing though is that bigots themselves are super more likely to resort to violence and aggression. If these Trump rallies haven't made that painfully clear and sad enough.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 30th, 2016 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

IM PoINTING AT PUTIN BUT ALL YOU SEE IS A DOG

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    And the girl has been charged with felony assault & drug possession.

Sure, this guy was another huge bigot, and his sign is all kinds of fucked up, and people had every damn right to be furious with him,
    but was outright assaulting him really worth the jail time and ruined youth?
    Though I understand that in an emotionally charged situation, it's sometimes "consequences be damned, he needs a fucking smack".

he's been quoted on camera saying that he 'expects to be attacked'. Maybe the lawyers can do something with that?

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    he's been quoted on camera saying that he 'expects to be attacked'. Maybe the lawyers can do something with that?
    I don't think Arizona accepts verbal provocation as a reasonable excuse for battery. Hard to say if it'd work anyway; I'm pretty sure that provocation is one of those legal defenses that is easier to use if you actually killed somebody rather than just injuring them.
    Complicating things since 2009.

There being a million witnesses there isn't much he can do to twist the truth about what went on, but the plain fact of the matter is she DID attack him. On the head. With what sounds like a metal bat if what I heard was indeed a metallic clang. She's also 19 so she'll be tried as an adult, but other than that I don't know what Arizona's assault laws are, so we'll just have to see.

Well saying "you deserve to be raped" could be considered a kind of threat, no? I'm just wondering if she was or if she knew somebody who was. Obviously she's gonna get punished but I'm just wondering if her lawyers will be able to get her off easy.

A guy i worked with once told me that back in Bolivia, when he was growing up in like the 70's, if two kids had a quarrel in class they both got to go up to the teachers desk. Then they grabbed each other's belt and got to smack the other across the face, one turn each, until one of them yielded. I'm 70% sure he's bullshitting, but on the off chance that he isn't, that's my contender for worst punishment method of the year award.
    That sounds like "I wrestle bears part-time." but if it is true, holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I actually remember in my first grade class my teacher letting a girl punch a boy that was bothering her in the stomach.....didn't understand the sense of such a punishment at the time but the boy took it look a champ.
    Hot damn o.o

Yeah, even though corporal punishment was and is still common, honestly starting a cycle of violence from a young age isn't worth it and can be more damaging to a child than first thought. Talking things out is a more healthy and effective way of dealing with issues.
    Last edited by Femme; May 30th, 2016 at 10:49 PM.
    Hidden:

That sounds like a.. trial by combat?!

I studied in a private school run by a Catholic church. There was a priest who was also the chairman of the school. He used to carry a thin bamboo cane which was well oiled and sun-dried to serve its purpose. He walks around the classrooms and if any of the kids are made to stand outside as punishment, he whacks them by the stick flat on the back of their legs thrice. I still remember one kid peeing his pants after the 2nd swing. Absolutely brutal!
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information