+ Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 892 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    If it was like the dolphin incident I could get angry, but from this it sounds like the people actually thought they were doing something good. It was stupid what they did, but I can't get angry about it. To bad for the bison, but in this scenario it was the best thing because of the circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    You're right that was terrible. Yellowstone has tons of signs and warnings not to interact with the animals. Even if the people thought they were doing a nice thing they didn't really think it through. I see what you mean Frankytank, their intentions were in the right place but stupidity can still be cause for anger. And that was really really stupid.
    IT was really really stupid. If those people had thought one moment, then they would have realized that bison have lived in those conditions for generations. They evolved to be able to live through those conditions. They do not need human intervention to survive. What may be bitter cold to humans could be just an annoyance to an animal with thick fur.
    If the calf was sick or injured it would be a different case, but it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    IT was really really stupid. If those people had thought one moment, then they would have realized that bison have lived in those conditions for generations. They evolved to be able to live through those conditions. They do not need human intervention to survive. What may be bitter cold to humans could be just an annoyance to an animal with thick fur.
    If the calf was sick or injured it would be a different case, but it wasn't.
    Yeah the stupid motivations involved is definitely cringe worthy more so with the irreparable harm that was caused to the calf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Yeah the stupid motivations involved is definitely cringe worthy more so with the irreparable harm that was caused to the calf.
    At 10 yrs old I knew not to mess with infant wild animals (and birds) because the momma may abandon it. Really, are people so out of touch with nature that they forget such simple things??
    I equate that with the people that write graffiti on the stone cliffs in the national parks = pure thoughtlessness.

It is true that it was very stupid what they did which caused this calf to be abandoned by the herd, which meant it had to be put down. If they truly thought there was a problem they should've gotten a ranger to come and look rather than doing things themselves. Hopefully they, and many others following this lesson, learned that they should be careful when trying to help rescue an animal they think is in danger. Two reasons I have a hard time getting particular angry is I've seen lots of times people want to help animals that in no way need help, so I know there wasn't ill intentions. The other being with so much other crap going on lately, I've lost the ability to really get angry except in exceptional cases.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    To all of us out there who are/were ignorant on what's been going down it sure does seem awfully weird that a major oil power is in the kind of shambles where you need to guard your chickens and underwear from looters. Everything seems to be degrading so fast
    Oh yeah, a shithole. I don't want to think too much about it, my parents and most of my family is still there.

the country is like that fat uncle that had a heart attack and still has bacon and beers every day, there is a point when you just can't keep on paying attention because its so sad an pathetic.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

When keeping it real goes wrong,ignorant, and stupid all at once

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...need-to-leave/
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar

Reading the comments section of that article was a bad mistake...

President Enrique Peña Nieto submitted a proposal to the Mexican Congress to legalize gay marriage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/18/wo...iage.html?_r=0

Mexico's Supreme Court (SJCN) has already issued rulings that states could not legally ban gay marriage so this just enshrines it as the law of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparsebeard View Post
    Generally speaking, that's true of most articles on most websites.
    Complicating things since 2009.

lol it was in Danbury apparently

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-36320826
    Areas most at risk are those where Aedes mosquitoes may spread the virus, like the Black Sea coast of Russia and Georgia and the island of Madeira.
    fun.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

A EgyptAir flight from Paris is missing and the airline believes it crashed into the Mediterranean Sea

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
    A EgyptAir flight from Paris is missing and the airline believes it crashed into the Mediterranean Sea
    Welp I just heard about this about an hour ago and now it's apparently gone down now?

This is something that goes through my head so often. I need to quit reading comments anywhere to preserve a positive attitude about life.

I'd read something nice and my face would go from .... ..... in the few seconds it takes to scroll down. The internet is full of morons >_>
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
    Not a good year for Egyptian aviation . Or aviation in general (the last 3 hears have been the worst).

Hmm, sort of the opposite of the problem I mentioned either. Jumping the gun and being quick to call someone transgender.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    Not a good year for Egyptian aviation . Or aviation in general (the last 3 hears have been the worst).
    My aerospace engineering professors in college all predicted that this would happen as jet fuel became more expensive. Airline companies cut corners to save money, usually reducing the frequency with which they inspect their planes. Leaves more room for failures to occur during operation.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    My aerospace engineering professors in college all predicted that this would happen as jet fuel became more expensive. Airline companies cut corners to save money, usually reducing the frequency with which they inspect their planes. Leaves more room for failures to occur during operation.
    I have actually heard about this. Ideally they should be able to compensate by reducing the ticket prices hence increasing the passengers to make up for the losses I guess?! That creates a temporary deficit which will be taken care once the fuel price starts decreasing. However, that also depends on if there is a steady set of domestic passengers who they can tap into for low cost airlines during that part of the year. I mean generally, during holiday seasons they can tap into it but other months are sorta difficult. Tricky economics!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xan; May 19th, 2016 at 10:55 AM.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    I have actually heard about this. Ideally they should be able to compensate by reducing the ticket prices hence increasing the passengers to make up for the losses I guess?! That creates a temporary deficit which will be taken care once the fuel price starts decreasing. However, that also depends on if there is a steady set of domestic passengers who they can tap into for low cost airlines during that part of the year. I mean generally, during holiday seasons they can tap into it but other months are sorta difficult. Tricky economics!
    They should compensate for a raise in costs by lowering their prices????????? This makes no sense at all.

Perhaps such a strategy could allow to eliminate weaker rivals, but that's it. And it would leave very vulnerable to the entry of new competitors because of the depleting of cash reserves.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    This is something that goes through my head so often. I need to quit reading comments anywhere to preserve a positive attitude about life.

I'd read something nice and my face would go from .... ..... in the few seconds it takes to scroll down. The internet is full of morons >_>
    I know right, it's like if asylums use commenting on the internet as a therapy...

They should compensate for a raise in costs by lowering their prices????????? This makes no sense at all.

Perhaps such a strategy could allow to eliminate weaker rivals, but that's it. And it would leave very vulnerable to the entry of new competitors because of the depleting of cash reserves.
    It would be a bad asset if they pay a lot for the fuel and increase costs ultimately making expensively maintained planes run empty.

If it is the time of the year where it has non-festive months hence having less travelers, it won't make sense to increase the costs hence making the travelers opt for a different airline. So generally airlines reduce their prices inviting more customers and making sure their planes don't run with empty seats. Planes are supposed to carry a minimum amount of fuel even if it runs with 0 passengers. Ticket cost increase isn't feasible BUT reducing the fuel present in the plane to a bare minimum or illegally, a bit less than the allowed minimum can be an option for the planes to save up some money

The big guys in the airline industries won't worry much if the fuel price increases because they know that it won't stay that way for long hence some of them won't mind running on a deficit. The know that the cycle will come back with lower prices again OR they could make money other ways inside the airlines (food, water etc) however less it might be

Airline industry is a very capital intensive segment and have LOTS of debts so it isn't common for them to lash out money to reap the rewards over the longer run (which they always do). The airlines that get hit badly due to higher fuel prices are generally the smaller ones which ultimately end up selling their companies to bigger ones

Edit: Incidentally, I am meeting my pilot friend this weekend. Perhaps he might be able to enlighten me on any of the factors that I might have overlooked here
    Last edited by xan; May 20th, 2016 at 05:24 AM.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6436626

About time. No more stuffing 22 year old "children" in with the actual 10 year olds.

Although i can foresee this being slammed by the left for being racist somehow

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information